Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VI me? :D v2 (added pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default VI me? :D v2 (added pics)

Hey guys. So while I appreciate all of the responses that I got in the last thread, I kind of feel like the pictures I put up were a little misleading, maybe. I don't know. I have more here that I was just wondering if you would take a look at and give me your predictions again... I've been doing a lot of reading on the different types/functions/quadras/information elements/intertype relations, etc. and, while still not 100% sure of my type, am being pulled back into the IEI direction. Can you guys get that vibe from me whatsoever? Do I really look that much like an extravert (no one VI'd me as an introvert last time, interestingly enough)?? :wink: Lol, I swear I'm not a camera whore (well, not a very big one, at least )... I'm just trying to figure out what I truly am haha.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...19_3114921.jpg
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...s/IMG_3411.jpg (I was srsly drunk here. lol)
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...s/IMG_3110.jpg (second from left)
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...37167_5573.jpg (on the right)
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...untitled-4.jpg (on the right)
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...2485_30687.jpg (skills)
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...s/IMG_3117.jpg
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...s/untitled.jpg (on the left... although i hope that one was self-explanatory )
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...es/Photo17.jpg (last one haha, and for the record I don't wear red lipstick on a regular basis)

Thank you!!

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

you're hot, but i have no idea what type you are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geeeeee, that's helpful.

Lol, I'm only kidding. Thanks?! :wink:

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My initial guess still stands. IEE, with secondary possibility of ESE. This is based on the photos, as well as your posts here so far. I'm definitely leaning toward IEE.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, some of these pictures look quite Alpha SF to me. I'd now revise and say EXFj (EIE or ESE.) You are definitely an Fe type, most probably with an Fe ego (meaning ENFj, ESFj, INFp, ISFp aka EIE ESE, IEI, SEI.) I'm fairly certain you're an extrovert (EIE, ESE). The pictures in your first post looked Ni-Se (in the context of EXFj, not saying you lead with them) and this new set looks very Alpha SF (Si.) You're loves open-mouth full-out genuine smile is the tell for Fe ego. Fi types just don't smile like that. You do have the doe eyes I associate with Alpha SF's. I'll have to think on you, I'm pretty sure you're one of those two types though. I haven't interacted with you enough to get a hunch on that basis. I love your dancing by the way, it looks sooooo sexay.
    hmm, just did some work looking at your smile. A lot of the time, ESFj's have this intense muscular tension in their chin which pulls their lip down revealing their lower teeth. Your smile is more relaxed and natural and does not do this, and is much more consistent with ENFj. Not all ESFj's do this smile I described all the time, but it usually pops out once in a while, I would think it would have made it into one of your pics.

I will say that most of the descriptions online are both crap and inconsistent with each other. I didn't really get a sense for the different types until I started to see the types my friends were (you basically need a frame of reference and enough skill to type in that frame of reference.) One I began to see the patterns, I began to see the similarities between different friends (and especially different women I've been attracted to.) That really gives the best sense of what the different types are like. As you get a firmer understanding of those within your quadra, those outside it will become more clear as you get more grounded in your frame of reference.

I'll write more if it comes to mind.

P.S. When somebody like viking types you as ENFp or ESFj (IEE/ESE), you should be concerned. That's Ne/Fi or Fe/Si. It means they basically have no clue at all, they don't know your temperament or even ONE of your ego functions, or whether you are merry or serious (Fe or Fi.) Not even your club, although that doesn't mean much in my book, there is some truth to it in terms of, not like me, not the opposite of me.
    Last edited by shindaiwa21; 12-09-2009 at 06:37 AM.

Arctures: delta just produces boring people
    Arctures: but that's how we like it

vero: who needs a real person
    vero: That's why I date an SLI

dolphin: someone tell gulanzon adjusting shower water to the right temperature is not si

Kraezz: you just have to do the ****** thing sometimes

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shindaiwa21 View Post
    P.S. When somebody like viking types you as ENFp or ESFj (IEE/ESE), you should be concerned. That's Ne/Fi or Fe/Si. It means they basically have no clue at all, they don't know your temperament or even ONE of your ego functions, or whether you are merry or serious (Fe or Fi.) Not even your club, although that doesn't mean much in my book, there is some truth to it in terms of, not like me, not the opposite of me.
    IEE and ESE both have 4-dimensional Fe -- ESE in the Base function, IEE in the Demonstrative. Both display Fe, in different ways.

ESE and IEE can appear very similar, from a distance.
    Quaero Veritas.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have coming out your asshole!

I just get the vibe you're Ni/Se > Ne/Si so I'm gonna say EIE. I feel like we'd be friends.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    My initial guess still stands. IEE, with secondary possibility of ESE. This is based on the photos, as well as your posts here so far. I'm definitely leaning toward IEE.
    Okay, I'll definitely look more into those 2 types (especially ESE) and take that into consideration. What is giving you that impression, though? Is it my overall vibe, particular features, expressions, etc.? I'm only wondering because I have little to no idea how VI actually works, haha.

Interesting, some of these pictures look quite Alpha SF to me. I'd now revise and say EXFj (EIE or ESE.) You are definitely an Fe type, most probably with an Fe ego (meaning ENFj, ESFj, INFp, ISFp aka EIE ESE, IEI, SEI.) I'm fairly certain you're an extrovert (EIE, ESE). The pictures in your first post looked Ni-Se (in the context of EXFj, not saying you lead with them) and this new set looks very Alpha SF (Si.) You're loves open-mouth full-out genuine smile is the tell for Fe ego. Fi types just don't smile like that. You do have the doe eyes I associate with Alpha SF's. I'll have to think on you, I'm pretty sure you're one of those two types though. I haven't interacted with you enough to get a hunch on that basis. I love your dancing by the way, it looks sooooo sexay.
    hmm, just did some work looking at your smile. A lot of the time, ESFj's have this intense muscular tension in their chin which pulls their lip down revealing their lower teeth. Your smile is more relaxed and natural and does not do this, and is much more consistent with ENFj. Not all ESFj's do this smile I described all the time, but it usually pops out once in a while, I would think it would have made it into one of your pics.

I will say that most of the descriptions online are both crap and inconsistent with each other. I didn't really get a sense for the different types until I started to see the types my friends were (you basically need a frame of reference and enough skill to type in that frame of reference.) One I began to see the patterns, I began to see the similarities between different friends (and especially different women I've been attracted to.) That really gives the best sense of what the different types are like. As you get a firmer understanding of those within your quadra, those outside it will become more clear as you get more grounded in your frame of reference.

Thank you again for the long and detailed response (and the comment about my dancing. I try. ). Seriously, though, this helps a lot, so I really do appreciate it.

I haven't really looked into the Alpha SF types much (mainly because I came into socionics not really considering myself to be much of an S type, period), but I will check out whatever I can find on them now that you mention it... you say that there aren't many good descriptions of the types out there, though... do you know of any that are at least somewhat better than the rest? Lol, otherwise I won't even know where to start! :wink: How did you start typing your friends accurately? I've been trying to do this a little bit with people I know but feel as though I still don't know nearly enough about socionics to be able to do so accurately (although I DO believe I'm pretty close with a couple of them... then again, I could be way off haha). And the reason I began leaning more towards IEI again was because of the SLE (dual) description and how I felt about it... if the descriptions are bad, then I could still just be a mess and not have any clue as to what this stuff is really about whatsoever, but what I've gathered so far on that type seems to be very congruent with the type of man that I've always found myself attracted to, even before getting into personality typing. I don't know if that counts for much, though.

Anyhow, thank you again for the time and effort you've put into replying to my posts. I am definitely going to look more into the EIE type since you seem pretty set on that for me, and I hope to hear again from you soon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    You have coming out your asshole!

I just get the vibe you're Ni/Se > Ne/Si so I'm gonna say EIE. I feel like we'd be friends.
    Haaaaaaahahahahahaha, that has got to be the best VI-esque comment someone has given me on this thing yet. Lmao, would you mind if I borrowed it some time?

Man oh man, I keep on getting these EIE comments. I'm seriously beginning to doubt my self-perceptions of introversion, lol.

But hey, even if I'm not EIE, you wanna still be friends anyway?

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, someone who actually seems to know what their talking about.

who are you? are you an alias? or an actual new member
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE and ESE both have 4-dimensional Fe -- ESE in the Base function, IEE in the Demonstrative. Both display Fe, in different ways.

ESE and IEE can appear very similar, from a distance.
    Id-block functions? Kinda clutching at straws aren't you? Bottom line ENFp is an Fi-ego type and ESFj is an Fe-ego type, and it should be obvious which one is valued. Of course since I'm basically on model-X, you basically clutching at nothing. Even in model A, I think just cause they aren't opposites means they will appear similar is a pretty terrible argument. Still I will submit that sometimes I do get vibes for types being one of two things that are totally unrelated. That said, it usually means I'm lost.

@hotasphyxiation: Basically I've come to believe that VI is generally the best way to type, although sometimes it does fall down. Anyway, I looked at the gallery I linked you before and submitted my friends for typing to people I could trust not to much it up. Once I started to see, that basically all the girls I had ever liked were ISFp and ESFj, I started to see the connections between what I had liked about them. The same goes with ENTp's and INTj for me. I mean, each has it's own patter, then alpha NT have common charteristics, alpha SF's have common characteristics, alpha in general have common characteristics, bla-dee-bla. But basically, you expand outward from your own quadra. BTW, a lot of alpha SF descriptions give the description that they're only good for touchy-feely shit and cooking. This really isn't the case. My understanding of the alpha types is the best because I know mostly Alphas, being and alpha. Understandings of the characteristics of other types are slower because generally you aren't as familiar with them. Then again, if you are a real socializer with tons of friends unlike me, you may have a better understanding of more types. Generally trying to attach solid descriptions to types is too limiting though, and it's more of an intuitive thing, which you can pick up from looking at patterns. It's definitely important to have some VI-ers to run people by though.

In terms of understanding the functions in socionics, I think the best way is to observe yourself, once you're typed especially, and see how you correlate to your four valued functions (especially your ego functions) to how you think and behave. The better the understanding you get of your own functions, the more sense other functions will make. So yeah, don't trip on introvert extrovert.

As for the introvert/extrovert thing, in socionics basically you are an extrovert if you lead with an extroverted function. So in some sense you are extroverted, but that doesn't mean you will be classically or socially extroverted. Especially we Ne leads (ENFp and ENTp) can be more reflective rather than social. Then again, we tend to be pretty social on the internet. The fact that you connected with INFp could very well mean ENFj, since as I said, same 4 valued functions, in the same blocks, they definitely have traits that are similar, and by the time bad descriptions are taken into account, they could very well be confusable. I was sort of hovering between INTj and ENTp for a while.

It might help if you said, if you have any idea, what sort of perception of the world defines you as a person. What sort of ?values? are ever present, no matter what you are doing. For me, I always had the sense, despite my appearing to be an introvert, that if there was one function that defined me, it was Ne. I am also the Ne subtype though, so if you're the Ji EXFj subtype, whether Ji (either Ni or Si) or Fe defines you may not be as clear. You will identify with both more.

@thePirate: I moved up through ashton's evil underworld of model-X rather rapidly. I'm counter-everything over there. But I am a new member here.

dolphin: someone tell gulanzon adjusting shower water to the right temperature is not si

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id-block functions? Kinda clutching at straws aren't you? Bottom line ENFp is an Fi-ego type and ESFj is an Fe-ego type, and it should be obvious which one is valued. Of course since I'm basically on model-X, you basically clutching at nothing. Even in model A, I think just cause they aren't opposites means they will appear similar is a pretty terrible argument. Still I will submit that sometimes I do get vibes for types being one of two things that are totally unrelated. That said, it usually means I'm lost.
    My apologies, I did not realize you were one of those Model X people. I assumed your objections were based in standard socionics, and therefore worth discussing. Won't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by hotasphyxiation View Post
    Okay, I'll definitely look more into those 2 types (especially ESE) and take that into consideration. What is giving you that impression, though? Is it my overall vibe, particular features, expressions, etc.? I'm only wondering because I have little to no idea how VI actually works, haha.
    The main thing I look for in V. I. is the gaze. Intuitives tend to have a sort of unfocused and "spacey" gaze, while sensors are more focused on the things immediately around them. Ethical types tend to have a softer, more emotional look, while logicals have a colder, harder gaze.

Mainly, though, it's little things that are hard to describe. Once you've typed enough people of each type, you begin to notice certain similarities between them, and you can sometimes see those similarities in others you haven't typed. Sort of like how some people can tell if someone's been in the military by their posture and general demeanour.

V.I. is really not very reliable. You have to have studied socionics for many years and become skilled at the other methods of typing to be any good at it. It's an interesting place to start, but it's not good enough, in my opinion, to come to a definite conclusion about somebody's type.

The main thing to keep in mind is that at least half of the people here have no idea what they're talking about. It's up to you to figure out which half.
    Quaero Veritas.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp-Ne can be more reserved than ENFp-Fi in many ways. If you elaborated on why you are doubting your type we may be able to get to the bottom of this. Nothing else will be gained from pictures. From pictures, you are ENFp-Ne.

TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My apologies, I did not realize you were one of those Model X people. I assumed your objections were based in standard socionics, and therefore worth discussing. Won't happen again.

The main thing I look for in V. I. is the gaze. Intuitives tend to have a sort of unfocused and "spacey" gaze, while sensors are more focused on the things immediately around them. Ethical types tend to have a softer, more emotional look, while logicals have a colder, harder gaze.

Mainly, though, it's little things that are hard to describe. Once you've typed enough people of each type, you begin to notice certain similarities between them, and you can sometimes see those similarities in others you haven't typed. Sort of like how some people can tell if someone's been in the military by their posture and general demeanour.

V.I. is really not very reliable. You have to have studied socionics for many years and become skilled at the other methods of typing to be any good at it. It's an interesting place to start, but it's not good enough, in my opinion, to come to a definite conclusion about somebody's type.

The main thing to keep in mind is that at least half of the people here have no idea what they're talking about. It's up to you to figure out which half.
    I lean more model-X, but whatever model you're using, ENFp and ESFj are going to be vastly and obviously different (by Temperament, Quadra, Merry/Serious, Ego Function, valued functions) and trying to use Id-block functions to justify how two completely different types can be similar is an incredibly weak excuse. I mean shit, all 16 types have the same 8 functions, they must all be similar.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the more you say others have no idea what they're talking about, the more you misunderstand socionics.

TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    the more you say others have no idea what they're talking about, the more you misunderstand socionics.
    But will the Silver Parrot alight upon your shoulder on a moonlit night in Cairo? I don't think that so...

If you want to argue how IEE's and ESE's, go for it. I can't see her being an Fi-type though.
    Last edited by shindaiwa21; 12-10-2009 at 07:49 AM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also keep in mind, that people here generally don't know what the fuck they're talking about (relevantly that is, on more VI related things). Based only on trends I've seen. So that is to say, taking even a consensus with a grain of salt would be recommended. VI is just generally crap, so although some might be correct about it, it is usually the case that they draw wrong conclusions. It's hard to really say that VI has anything to do with Socionics, or traditional Socionics. It is a very lazy mind's way of looking at things, with low accuracy levels. Sort of like when people say "you're exactly like this person, because you do exactly this, and therefore you have to be this type." How more ignorant and irrational do you want to sound?

I might however stop mentioning this factor. I'm being sort of a Buzz Killington.

What you see is what you get.

TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Also keep in mind, that people here generally don't know what the fuck they're talking about (relevantly that is, on more VI related things). Based only on trends I've seen. So that is to say, taking even a consensus with a grain of salt would be recommended. VI is just generally crap, so although some might be correct about it, it is usually the case that they draw wrong conclusions. It's hard to really say that VI has anything to do with Socionics, or traditional Socionics. It is a very lazy mind's way of looking at things, with low accuracy levels. Sort of like when people say "you're exactly like this person, because you do exactly this, and therefore you have to be this type." How more ignorant and irrational do you want to sound?

I might however stop mentioning this factor. I'm being sort of a Buzz Killington.

What you see is what you get.
    I don't claim to be that fantastic at VI, I'm relatively new, but I do believe it is the best way to type people. I don't think it's lazy, in fact it's really quite difficult. The problem with socionics by description is that it is tainted by deductive thinking to the point that it's almost unworkable. I could make good arguments for me being INTp, ENTp, and INTj. There are elements of the description of ENTp that are flat-out wrong for me. The elements of socionics are too subtle to be easily quantified, and when they are, tend to become so generic as to apply to many or so specific as to apply to too few. VI is rather fundamentally far less biased, although it is quite tricky, especially separating physical attributes from type related factors (from time to time.) I do, to some extent, also trust analysis of writing, as certain types have characteristic styles. Of course you always need a place to start VI-ing from, reference attributes, so in this sense it is susceptible to having people expressed in different coordinate systems so to speak, but this is really an underlying flaw of socionics not of VI. When it's done well, VI tends to be extremely consistent, and the intertype seems to be obeyed pretty well.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While this isn't necessarily true, it's at least the image that is projected. Haughtiness in that respect isn't only disrespectful or rude, it also creates an implication that there is one correct interpretation in a field where almost nothing is set in stone.

As for your VI, I'd guess EXFj.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I could see Beta NF. Fe valuing fo sho (IEE being a fallback). You've got this sort of inner vivacity that comes out in your photos or something. Maybe if you made a video we could tell more? No pressure.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe leading. you could be alpha or beta. but your friends look alpha, so maybe you are alpha also. tentative assessment.

so...thinking about your creative function...are you more Si or Ni?

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Yeah I could see Beta NF. Fe valuing fo sho (IEE being a fallback). You've got this sort of inner vivacity that comes out in your photos or something. Maybe if you made a video we could tell more? No pressure.
    Videos are orders of magnitude better for typing than photographs. If you have video capability, hotasphyxiation, that's probably your best bet for getting any sort of reliable typing out of us.

For what it's worth, at this point I don't see Beta NF being very likely. I think Ne/Si valuing is pretty clear from the photos and posts, however, with so little evidence I am by no means conclusively decided on anything.
    Quaero Veritas.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the point that VI is both a lazy and difficult attempt is a good one. If Socionics were just handled a bit more carefully, we wouldn't have to come to demanding conclusions about our sociotypes. But instead we generally just have people that are "sure" about things based on little evidence, more importantly, these things often have nothing to do with Socionics.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the point that VI is both a lazy and difficult attempt is a good one. If Socionics were just handled a bit more carefully, we wouldn't have to come to demanding conclusions about our sociotypes. But instead we generally just have people that are "sure" about things based on little evidence, more importantly, these things often have nothing to do with Socionics.
    All of this is true.

* #1) Regarding VI -- typing someone via video, generally can be more accurate than typing via only photos... Videos can show more information than photos can--a person's conversational emphasis, as well as a person's natural gaze/demeanor. (Many photos are posed, obviously.)

Over years of typing ppl, I have noticed some correlations between demeanor/gaze and Socionics type. So I don't dismiss VI out-of-hand, as some do. (This is probably the only area in which I agree with those who proffer Socionix. I don't, however, agree with the amount of weight those ppl place on VI... For example, I've seen strrrng dismiss typings b/c two subjects' bearings, so he thought, showed different degrees of "control" in photos... I think that that is silly.)

I should note that one Socionics type can have more than a handful of demeanors/gazes that are common to it... One needs to study Socionics for YEARS and have sufficient experience with people/relationships to make accurate use of VI in this way--it is, however, possible.

* #2) The only way to get good at Socionics typing, as with anything, is via continual application... Whether it takes a year, or couple of years, or many years will probably depend on how quickly:

A) you find out your own correct Socionics type,
    B) find out correct benchmarks for each of the Socionics types, and then begin
    C) assessing your own personal relationships (and others) via the inter-type relational system.

For various reasons, so far in the English-speaking community, there aren't many who've gotten all of these ducks in a row, so to speak.

(My guesses as to why have to do with: relationship/work experience of many who frequent this forum... Some, for example, have never been in sexual relationships. Others have not been in college or at jobs for lengths of time that would help them in their understanding of relationships, etc.)

All of this said, what I can take from these photos is that you probably value Fe rather than Fi... Again, it's tough to type someone via only photos... I'd bet you are an ENFP in MBTI; however, in Socionics, I believe that ENFj and ESFj are more likely. (Even ESTp is more likely than a delta type.)
    Last edited by JuJu; 12-10-2009 at 10:42 PM.

TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that's fair to say. You start with a point of reference, say people who are positively ENTp, since we are generally so bloody obvious about it, and try to find common characteristics between them. Then you say, look at INTj's, see what the common characteristics are there. What is common to both is characteristics of Alphas and Alpha NT's. What is different is due to their temperaments and leading functions for the most part. Anyway, you basically keep applying this reductionist approach. It's the scientific method through intuitive data analysis.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that's fair to say. You start with a point of reference, say people who are positively ENTp, since we are generally so bloody obvious about it, and try to find common characteristics between them. Then you say, look at INTj's, see what the common characteristics are there. What is common to both is characteristics of Alphas and Alpha NT's. What is different is due to their temperaments and leading functions for the most part. Anyway, you basically keep applying this reductionist approach. It's the scientific method through intuitive data analysis.
    Well yeah, I agree that is how it tends to be performed.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also think it's rather hilarious saying that a personality is best judged by looking at how someone looks, versus spending thought deeply analyzing their actual personality, which barely anyone here does with any confidence!

Think about it.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its not "judged", it's identified.

and it is not "personality", it is IME (socionics) type.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so I finally got around to making a video as a couple of you suggested:

Movie2.flv video by like_stripes - Photobucket

If you guys want, feel free to take a look and let me know if it confirms/changes your initial typings of me... thanks again for all of your insight thus far. I know there're more to figuring out your type than just going on what people speculate based on physical attributes but it's interesting, at the very least. So while I'm still not sure of my type, I've been taking all of your opinions into consideration and will continue to do so as well as try to understand socionics better. Im still a long way off lol, but it's all good.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're an ENFp-Ne and that is final. why can't you accept this fact? You remind me of an ENFp-Ne black girl I know who spends a ton of her husbands money on clothes. Also I walked into her house one day and she was stoned, and it surprised me because I didn't think she would smoke weed. But then again she is black

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're an ENFp-Ne and that is final. why can't you accept this fact? You remind me of an ENFp-Ne black girl I know who spends a ton of her husbands money on clothes. Also I walked into her house one day and she was stoned, and it surprised me because I didn't think she would smoke weed. But then again she is black
    lol @ your story... that's random but sort of funny. and i never said i didn't "accept" anything, but then again- you sound pretty sure of yourself, there, buddy, especially for something so subjective. i'll take what you have to say into account, but no way would i regard it as the be-all and end-all of the matter. thanks for the input, though.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya kinda remind me of Implied lol
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    ya kinda remind me of Implied lol
    who is Implied lol ?

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a user here.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you on speed?
    If you are this may distort how you are perceived and thus typed by others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i am... shit, you really think it's gonna mess it up that bad??

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crazedrat is right, I think you're pretty clearly IEE. The video confirmed it for me; there is no longer any doubt in my mind.

While you seem open and outwardly-focused, you don't display much Fe. Your tone of voice is level, with no significant voice modulation to display emotion. At the same time, you always seem cognizant of possibilities and things that could be -- you talk about what other people might think, what possible effect makeup might have on VI, etc., which I believe indicates Ne.

Your difficulty in typing yourself, as you describe it, also tends to make me think you are IEE. Your weak Ti makes it difficult for you to objectively categorize things, including yourself, and your strong Ne makes it even harder due to the fact that you're always aware of the different possibilities and potential ways each type description could apply to you.

At this point, I wouldn't bet a month's pay that you're IEE, but I might bet two weeks' pay.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah could be IEE. I think NF is the clearest thing for me, but I don't put a lot into VI anyway.

You seem pretty cool.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crazedrat is right, I think you're pretty clearly IEE. The video confirmed it for me; there is no longer any doubt in my mind.

While you seem open and outwardly-focused, you don't display much Fe. Your tone of voice is level, with no significant voice modulation to display emotion. At the same time, you always seem cognizant of possibilities and things that could be -- you talk about what other people might think, what possible effect makeup might have on VI, etc., which I believe indicates Ne.

Your difficulty in typing yourself, as you describe it, also tends to make me think you are IEE. Your weak Ti makes it difficult for you to objectively categorize things, including yourself, and your strong Ne makes it even harder due to the fact that you're always aware of the different possibilities and potential ways each type description could apply to you.

At this point, I wouldn't bet a month's pay that you're IEE, but I might bet two weeks' pay.
    You sure you wanna bet that two weeks' pay on that?

Lol I'm just kidding. Actually, your breakdown as to why you think I could be IEE is very convincing, so thanks for explaining it like that! I still have pretty much no clue as to how each information element manifests itself in behavior and that kind of thing, so that was really helpful- and the way you wrote it makes so much sense! (I feel enlightened now, lmao.)

So anyway, while I'm still not totally sure, I'm feeling a lot more confident in the possibility that I'm IEE after getting these opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Yeah could be IEE. I think NF is the clearest thing for me, but I don't put a lot into VI anyway.

You seem pretty cool.
    Thanks bud... and I guess I'm pretty cool (not super cool or anything extreme like that, but I'll agree with that statement to a moderate degree ). You seem pretty cool yourself- from the little I've interacted with you. But hey, we can be even more cool by coexisting as cool entities together in this place.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hotasphyxiation View Post
    But hey, we can be even more cool by coexisting as cool entities together in this place.
    Stay frosty.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast