Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IEEs what do you do for a living? Occupations and jobs for ENFps.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah Jewels I definitely relate to a lot of what you said (except maybe the wanting to be on TV as a journalist. . .dont know if i would be eloquent enough for that, though I AM always excited about the prospect on being on TV, just not in a role like that ).

One thing i am starting to notice a few months after completing my medical residency now is that I am suddenly starting to get original entrepreneurial ideas about what I want to do with my career. Especially towards the end of my residency I felt like I had sort of a mental block that way. I thoroughly enjoyed most things that I did, and picking one subspecialty over another seemed sad because I would never get to deal with all the other specialities again. And yet, I felt like sometimes doing primary care would get tedious, boring, in a way of just going through a checklist once things become routine, and having to see 10000 patients to make ends meet.

My one HUGE pet peeve about residency and the typical medical practice is the huge push by the industry to make physicians see tons of patients per day--an obvious money generating mechanism. I prefer to spend time with each patient, hear out everything they have to say, really think about things, make sure i dont miss anything, and really explain to them what i'm thinking and answer questions etc. I HATE being under time pressure for anything, but especially when it comes to my interaction with patients.

This is what has made me hesitate about choosing just general medicine or any field that would require me to see tons of patients per day. I have also realized that I like being in charge of my own time and, like jewels said, having free time to pursue my interests and passions and recharging.

So essentially, for a variety of reasons including those I listed above, I couldn't decide about doing any of the "usual" options that my colleagues tend to go into, but being so burned out I feel like I sort of had a mental block (possibly from all the superego use that I was compelled to employ to get through medical training). Right around now, I am starting to come up with great ideas (which I will keep under wraps for now ). One thing I will say is I definitely want to be my own boss, so life can be as flexible as I want it to be, and I want my job to be original and have a meaningful impact in people's lives. Except I could really use an Si type right now to give me advice about how to best get there, practically.:frown: Kinda at a loss there. . .
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    I think anything having to do with psychology is really fun. However, I know a girl who is one and spends her days dodging pencils her psychotic clients throw at her, and one guy took off all his clothes and ran down the hallway. I would not like that. I prefer more or less healthy people.
    There's always the option of counselling psychology. That way you only deal with, at most, "moderate" mental health difficulties--people under a lot of stress, or experiencing depression or anxiety, or difficulty controlling anger... etc

Socionics type doesn't really have much say in what career you should pursue. Natural interests and talents are what you should look at, since it's possible to gain expertise in any field. Just think of any Ti PoLR mathematicians such as Bertrand Russel, John Conway, or our very own Rick DeLong (well, he never got past "star maths student in highschool").

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    I used to be a writer and liked it ok. However, it was too much time spent alone. I liked meetings, brainstorming sessions, etc., but those would usually only happen once a week or so. The rest of the week I'd be isolated in a little office and would go nuts trying to think of new things w/o a lot of people interaction.

Journalism can be fun, and I think lots of ENFps would like to be on TV, but it doesn't pay well and is a lot of work/not much free time.

I think anything having to do with psychology is really fun. However, I know a girl who is one and spends her days dodging pencils her psychotic clients throw at her, and one guy took off all his clothes and ran down the hallway. I would not like that. I prefer more or less healthy people.

But if you think about it, ENFps are all about creating new possibilities and building relationships. So that could be a lot of things. Business, entrepreneurship, etc.
    I think ENFp's are great at anything, as long as teams are involved. They make great facilitators, even when they are not great subject matter experts. The more detailed and structured the team, the greater the need for someone to help the team focus on end goals and interpersonal relationships. Sound corny, but the more "experts" you have in the room, the more you need someone to check the egos.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Creepy-Cyclops

Cool list. I think the teacher is quite an interesting one. Some ENFp's (and ESFp's) can be quite sensitive about their T, so they follow something to become an expert in it, even going on to become professors this way.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    I think ENFp's are great at anything, as long as teams are involved. They make great facilitators, even when they are not great subject matter experts. The more detailed and structured the team, the greater the need for someone to help the team focus on end goals and interpersonal relationships. Sound corny, but the more "experts" you have in the room, the more you need someone to check the egos.
    SO TRUE!!! That is one of the things I really miss about residency.:frown:

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics is unable to make a strong enough correlation to type and traits such as career potential. I think you will find every type in every field, especially on how broad the field is. For example, I'm a Creative Writing major, and I don't see much of a dominance of a particular type in my English classes. Specifically with being a writer, everyone has a different way of approaching writing, if their strength is in narrative, or imagery, or style, or just having an interesting enough persona to fit into writing circles. The MBTI can associate this sort of thing with their types because the types are actually personality inventories, while Socionics has to do with information metabolism, which may correlate but does not claim causation to actual traits. This goes the same for something like extroversion and introversion; the types don't claim to adhere to either in the personality trait sense. So, overall, questions like this will only run you in circles and doesn't really tell you much after all.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    Socionics is unable to make a strong enough correlation to type and traits such as career potential. I think you will find every type in every field, especially on how broad the field is. For example, I'm a Creative Writing major, and I don't see much of a dominance of a particular type in my English classes. Specifically with being a writer, everyone has a different way of approaching writing, if their strength is in narrative, or imagery, or style, or just having an interesting enough persona to fit into writing circles. The MBTI can associate this sort of thing with their types because the types are actually personality inventories, while Socionics has to do with information metabolism, which may correlate but does not claim causation to actual traits. This goes the same for something like extroversion and introversion; the types don't claim to adhere to either in the personality trait sense. So, overall, questions like this will only run you in circles and doesn't really tell you much after all.

Yes it can, I have personally VI'd many college students and given them their solid career option; it's fool proof so far unless by no fault of their own they have or experience a traumatic accident.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by missmeliss1124 View Post
    Just wondering what other ENFP's have decided as their career of choice. If so, why? Do you love it or hate it? Do you ever feel like you need more answers or want to further your education/knowledge?
    One ENFp I know is studying medicine, with music as a side; two others that I know seem to be going into film, though one is pursuing the more artistic side and the other seems to be going a more practical route; another ENFp is in charge of the children's ministry at her church. Opportunities for creativity as well as involvement with people seem to be a common thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanat View Post
    great... another discussion about typing skills in a random tread
    Heh, get used to it. It's a main staple of conversation around here, it seems. Though, with the appearance of Maritsa it's gained even more in popularity recently.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Yes it can, I have personally VI'd many college students and given them their solid career option; it's fool proof so far unless by no fault of their own they have or experience a traumatic accident.
    VI isn't cannon, and there is no way for someone to be 100% certain of their VI without a subjective influence. If all you have for reference for VI is what you've encountered in your life... It's very possible you're VIing people incorrectly since you're limited to only your experience. It's possible you're mixing Socionics and MBTI, because MBTI can provide stronger direction for career choices since the testing is actually based on personality traits, while Socionics shouldn't be.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

VI isn't cannon, and there is no way for someone to be 100% certain of their VI without a subjective influence. If all you have for reference for VI is what you've encountered in your life... It's very possible you're VIing people incorrectly since you're limited to only your experience. It's possible you're mixing Socionics and MBTI, because MBTI can provide stronger direction for career choices since the testing is actually based on personality traits, while Socionics shouldn't be.
    It is 100% accurate once you know the stains of morphological development.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is 100% accurate once you know the stains of morphological development.
    I have a hard time imagining that's correct, as you'd be at an anthropology conference right now revealing what you've found rather than arguing on an internet forum.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have a hard time imagining that's correct, as you'd be at an anthropology conference right now revealing what you've found rather than arguing on an internet forum.
    I'm getting there..
    -

Thank you to those who replied to my topic question! I found those careers off of http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFP.html and even though they aren't set in stone, I could see myself being interested in the majority of them.

Being an ENFP, I find myself wanting to find truth in everything. My creative side leads me to music, dance and story writing. My drive for truth, education and service, puts my career in health and wellness. Currently, I am a student studying Nutrition and Alternative Medicine. I will be done with my Bachelors in 3 months. If we ever move again it will be to attend Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine where I will finish 4 more years and become a Naturopathic Doctor. If not, I will pursue my Registered Dietitian's license here.

As of right now, having small children has allowed me to be at home and be flexible with my schedule which I like. My husband is completely supportive of all my endeavors. Reading about ENFP's makes me laugh because I do get bored easily and he loves adventure, so we make a great couple! We have lived all over the USA because of this.

As for some of the other careers listed, I do find psychology extremely interesting but would rather write about it and do lectures then do a clinical setting. In high school I took broadcasting and enjoyed that. Growing up I use to pretend I was a T.V. show cook, so that was a fun course. I also enjoy challenging exercise like boxing, running, spinning, hot yoga, etc.. I do love to volunteer here at our local church acting in plays and teaching various classes. Right now I am working on my website. I would love to do video tutorials of how to make raw food meals and the benefits of it. How to treat various ailments through alternative therapies as well as review different products. I think interviewing local doctors would be interesting too. I feel like by doing this, I get to do many things I love!

Sorry this is so long, I want to see if any other ENFP's have the same interests! I really enjoyed reading everyone's posts, thank you!
    ENFP sagittarius

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    There's always the option of counselling psychology. That way you only deal with, at most, "moderate" mental health difficulties--people under a lot of stress, or experiencing depression or anxiety, or difficulty controlling anger... etc

Socionics type doesn't really have much say in what career you should pursue. Natural interests and talents are what you should look at, since it's possible to gain expertise in any field. Just think of any Ti PoLR mathematicians such as Bertrand Russel, John Conway, or our very own Rick DeLong (well, he never got past "star maths student in highschool").
    Betrand Russell - ENFp? While I hadn't done too much research into his type, I always figured INTp.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting there..

Well then do some verifiable research, write your book and come back to us. Vecasue at the moment you havn't done anything more than say look for yourselves, vut considering you are also saying that every one is incapable of typing your suggestion becomes absurd.

The problem is anthropologists, scientistsand the people have a higher than average intelligence, and vecause of this it;s easy to see how unscientific your ideas are.

Anthropology conferences really aren't going to be your thing I'm afraid, your ideas could work but you're targeting the wrong market. Forget about recognition in the academic community, people there use their intellect and will see straight through your bullshit. Instead, try targetting stupid people.. make an infomercial, or start doing some course... create conspiracy theories explaining why scientists and psychiologists are scared of the truth or perhaps not yet ready for this amazing 100% accurate method...THE METHOD

and then maybe come back and tell everyone how it's going... until then maybe it's best if you concentrate on getting some real tangible results.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post
    Well then do some verifiable research, write your book and come back to us. Vecasue at the moment you havn't done anything more than say look for yourselves, vut considering you are also saying that every one is incapable of typing your suggestion becomes absurd.

The problem is anthropologists, scientistsand the people have a higher than average intelligence, and vecause of this it;s easy to see how unscientific your ideas are.

Anthropology conferences really aren't going to be your thing I'm afraid, your ideas could work but you're targeting the wrong market. Forget about recognition in the academic community, people there use their intellect and will see straight through your bullshit. Instead, try targetting stupid people.. make an infomercial, or start doing some course... create conspiracy theories explaining why scientists and psychiologists are scared of the truth or perhaps not yet ready for this amazing 100% accurate method...THE METHOD

and then maybe come back and tell everyone how it's going... until then maybe it's best if you concentrate on getting some real tangible results.
    EXCELLENTLY said soma.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by missmeliss1124 View Post
    Just wondering what other ENFP's have decided as their career of choice. If so, why? Do you love it or hate it? Do you ever feel like you need more answers or want to further your education/knowledge?

Here are a few that are recommended for us;
    Consultant
    Psychologist
    Entrepreneur
    Actor
    Teacher
    Counselor
    Politician / Diplomat
    Writer / Journalist
    Television Reporter
    Computer Programmer, Systems Analyst, or Computer Specialist
    Scientist
    Engineer
    To me, such recommendations are very 'MBTI'. In respect to career choices, I think Socionics puts more emphasis on choosing the right kind of social environment (i.e. stick with people of your own quadra if you want to find fulfillment in life) as a way of career success. Any of the above careers has potential for failure when an IEE tries to realize them in e.g. a business environment dominated by Betas and Beta-quadra values.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Cool list. I think the teacher is quite an interesting one. Some ENFp's (and ESFp's) can be quite sensitive about their T, so they follow something to become an expert in it, even going on to become professors this way.
    That's interesting! I can definitely see myself being insecure about it and wanting to pursue my field of choice to the fullest, cool post!
    ENFP sagittarius

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post

I thoroughly enjoyed most things that I did, and picking one subspecialty over another seemed sad because I would never get to deal with all the other specialities again. And yet, I felt like sometimes doing primary care would get tedious, boring, in a way of just going through a checklist once things become routine, and having to see 10000 patients to make ends meet.

My one HUGE pet peeve about residency and the typical medical practice is the huge push by the industry to make physicians see tons of patients per day--an obvious money generating mechanism. I prefer to spend time with each patient, hear out everything they have to say, really think about things, make sure i dont miss anything, and really explain to them what i'm thinking and answer questions etc. I HATE being under time pressure for anything, but especially when it comes to my interaction with patients.
    I understand how you feel! I've been a student for the last 4 years and I feel like I am getting burnt out in a way because of deadlines. I like to learn on my own time. I see myself having my own business so it gives me the flexability to be creative. Do you see yourself opening your own practice with a partner? Someone to bounce ideas off of?

I found "Detoxification and Healing, the key to optimal health" by Sidney MacDonald Baker, M.D. a wonderful book on exactly what you are talking about. In his preface he talks about how after graduating from Yale, he became a doctor but was constantly met with the frustration of having to follow these industry guidelines. He ended up having patients wanting to know what the underlying cause was to their diseases instead of just treating the symptoms, so he ended up going overseas to work in villages. He was mentored by a doctor who challenged him asking, "Have we done everything we can for this patient?" I think that is why I got into Alternative Medicine, because I was so tired of going in for one thing and getting sent home with a pill for something else. I wanted to know what was going on with my body and my questions answered.
    ENFP sagittarius

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Is someone asking for career advise here?

Please tell me your math capability, if that's the case, thanks.
    -

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default IEE as a lawyer?

Would this be a good fit for an IEE? I can see how it could work, but also not work. The ridiculous hours is very unappealing for me plus the tedious work involved. However, I'm sure there might be a field in law that could fit an IEE. Maybe working as a labor lawyer could fit well because you help protect the working class or an immigration lawyer because you help people get into a country. Perhaps working for the government might fit better than corporate for an IEE because of the livable hours. What do you guys think? Any ideas of what kind of lawyer fits well for an IEE if any?
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

yes albeit a bit boring.
    -

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

yes albeit a bit boring.
    You're a lawyer so you would know? Anything else to add?
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Alpha NT?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being a lawyer wouldn't be a good fit for anybody, much less an IEE. There may be a few good legal jobs (e.g., as a law professor, as a judge, working for a top-notch public-interest firm, etc.), but they are essentially impossible to obtain; if you do manage to obtain one of them, it's because you've successfully used a lot of at an elite law school. Outside of these jobs, you merely perform dull, repetitive tasks all day; if you look at surveys of job satisfaction among lawyers, you'll see lawyers are almost universally miserable. (I'm not a lawyer either, but I researched what being a lawyer might entail when I was vaguely considering law school.)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE as a human? Would this be a good fit for an IEE?
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

my friend i type IEE is a paralegal, she doesnt want to be a lawyer but she loves working in law. her thing is family law.

i think whatever you determine to be the best fit for yourself is best.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by No Longer a Dating Site View Post

I agree, I think an IEE could do just as well a job as any other type. In fact, many would benefit from an IEE's unique insight into human relationships, creativity, and drive to help people in need

As far as working long hours, I think it's can be potentially a siimilar deal as becoming a physician--maybe law school and internship(s) might demand long hours for a few years, but after you're done it's up to you to shape your career the way you want to. You might take a pay cut though.

As far as boring, Traveler, it all depends on what YOU personally find interesting. If you have a motivation to learn law for a particular goal, and if you enjoy reading through, analyzing, and discussing legal cases and text, then it probably wont be boring for you. One of my good friends from high school (not sure if IEE or not, maybe) just went through his first year of law school-- from his posts on fb he seems to be having a great time and finding it very fascinating..

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think EPs in general would find it a bit tedious.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by No Longer a Dating Site View Post

I agree, I think an IEE could do just as well a job as any other type. In fact, many would benefit from an IEE's unique insight into human relationships, creativity, and drive to help people in need

As far as working long hours, I think it's can be potentially a siimilar deal as becoming a physician--maybe law school and internship(s) might demand long hours for a few years, but after you're done it's up to you to shape your career the way you want to. You might take a pay cut though.

As far as boring, Traveler, it all depends on what YOU personally find interesting. If you have a motivation to learn law for a particular goal, and if you enjoy reading through, analyzing, and discussing legal cases and text, then it probably wont be boring for you. One of my good friends from high school (not sure if IEE or not, maybe) just went through his first year of law school-- from his posts on fb he seems to be having a great time and finding it very fascinating..
    I agree WA! It all comes down to personal preference and enjoyment and this matters even more for IEEs! I guess it would depend on the field of law that an IEE would be better at and find more intriguing.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default IEEs-ENFps as teachers

I feel as IEEs are almost made to be teachers if you think about it.

Our helps us think of creative ways of getting students to learn. Our helps us relate to students on a personal level. However, our weak can make it difficult for us to control an unruly class. Also, our weak may make it difficult for us to explain something in concrete terms. What do you guys think?

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Alpha NT?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think any particular type makes a good teacher; rather, each type is more adept at teaching certain kinds of students. For example, I've never cared to "relate on a personal level" with a teacher, but I've valued teachers who could present a cogent framework within which to place the information that would be learned (for example, by providing a broad overview, contextualizing things, highlighting major themes, etc.). I can always find details in textbooks -- the only possible purpose a teacher could serve would be to provide a particular perspective or make the information presented in textbooks more comprehensible somehow. Consequently, I wouldn't necessarily prefer IEE teachers to non-IEE teachers. Conversely, I don't think my teaching style would appeal to IEEs. No matter what type you are, there are going to be certain types that do and don't like your approach; and since there are an approximately equal number of people who value each information element, no type should have a theoretical edge. However, public speaking skills, intelligence, etc., contribute to making a good teacher, and these may be type-related.

Edit: Now that I think about it, all the good teachers I've had have been ILEs (although one of them might have actually been an IEE); teachers lacking tend to be boring.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I liked the IEE teachers I had, I did felt they were a good fit for the job. Especially because they didn't have that type of intellectual snobbery that many NT teachers often possess, or that excessive attention to detail of many ST teachers...so yeah, I think it can be a good choice.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really enjoy being in a teaching role. However, I do find it hard to explain things sometimes, and i do have some insecurity that my students might think i dont know enough. Am actually going through that right now...

Ultimately I do agree with what begoner said-- people of different sociotypes make better teachers for different people of other sociotypes. A Ti-seeker might find a Ti-ego's way of explaining things to be crystal clear, but not a Te-ego's way, and vice versa. I know that an LSI teacher I had would explain and explain things, but his explanations would just confuse me worse than the understanding i came in with. I actually liked the guy, but this drove me to utter frustration with him.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You'll do fine because is actually not that weak, it's a role function and you'll be good at getting your message across, unlike me. It's just that information in Se form is not preferred by you and is quite boring and the information processing is slow from your end; it appears in sudden action.
    -

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I really enjoy being in a teaching role. However, I do find it hard to explain things sometimes, and i do have some insecurity that my students might think i dont know enough. Am actually going through that right now...

Ultimately I do agree with what begoner said-- people of different sociotypes make better teachers for different people of other sociotypes. A Ti-seeker might find a Ti-ego's way of explaining things to be crystal clear, but not a Te-ego's way, and vice versa. I know that an LSI teacher I had would explain and explain things, but his explanations would just confuse me worse than the understanding i came in with. I actually liked the guy, but this drove me to utter frustration with him.
    Yes I agree, this is why you ask one student if they like the teacher and another student if they like the same teacher and you could get radically different responses. I also think some types are better suited to teach certain types of courses.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KUMBAYAAAA
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post

Yes I agree, this is why you ask one student if they like the teacher and another student if they like the same teacher and you could get radically different responses. I also think some types are better suited to teach certain types of courses.
    Oh yeah along those lines, i forgot to mention that this particular LSI teacher was constantly a big favorite among students, which I why i signed up for his class. He always wins awards for Best Teacher... unfortunately was no good for me.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFps can be whatever the fuck they want to be.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Hell Yeah! Rock on brother!

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Hell Yeah! Rock on brother!
    ERRATA: this applies to every other type as well.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast