Thread: Typing by drawings

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 somavision

Do not go anywehre from the thread. You provide very interesting insight. this is how the art-terapists work. They point to the expression of sub and un-conscious thoughts and feelings which are not noticed straight forward. They make the person think deeper and understand yourself better. The only problem with that this is the private matter because everyone not just the person in question starts to see something in the picture. I would imagine that the insight provided as a subjective interpertation can be also not true in the eyes of the author of the picture. This does not however mean any failure on behalf of the art-terapist. It is the effect of a new perception of the picture is interesting in itself and gives interesting ideas for socionics typing. If you wish you could also open your own thread and so the people who will come to you they will get rather infromation about their subconscious level of thinking and feeling, sort of a art-psycho-therapy. You have got a talent for it. But if you stay here and if Cathie would not mind it would be even more interesting, because we could relate it to socionics typing as well.
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    What type do you think this picture is?
    This one is very religious, if you know what I mean ...

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I was interested in that picture... because I once drew something that looks exactly like that a while ago (don't ask me why, I just did, as it was in my head), and lo and behold, I stumbled upon that image on the Internet...

Is that picture based on a famous painting or something? Because I'm pretty sure I've never seen a picture like that before... So... could it be type-related?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well I was interested in that picture... because I once drew something that looks exactly like that a while ago (don't ask me why, I just did, as it was in my head), and lo and behold, I stumbled upon that image on the Internet...
    I would be interested meself. You will "stumble" upon many more things to come and be perplexed, and that's a good thing.

It is purely religious. You may get fooled at the beginning because it was later incorporated into Christianity.

Is that picture based on a famous painting or something? Because I'm pretty sure I've never seen a picture like that before... So... could it be type-related?
    Do not know, if it is type related. Based on a famous painting, sure. There were many depictions and alterations of that ritual.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The picture is Superid type without any questions for me. Dark colours and death are present. The dead tree and the empty space. It symbolises the end of something. May be somebody wanted to express the end of whatever it was (feelings, state of mind or the situation) in a picutre so that you could move on as a new person. The sun is coming as a new hope is. The end of something means often the beginning of somehting new. Rituals and symbols help on the way to accept the lows within ourselves and reach the healthy balance again. So we need at least symbolic death and we need Superid (smile) to carry on to enjoy life.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olga View Post
    Rituals and symbols help on the way to accept the lows within ourselves and reach the healthy balance again. So we need at least symbolic death and we need Superid (smile) to carry on to enjoy life.
    I meant ritual sacrifice, but okay, this is indeed, a socionics forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Olga!
    Many thanks for helping!

2Absurd
    I don't think it's a religios picture, because suicide is a lack of faith and hope. This picture is called The_Betrayal... Maybe the self-betrayal, self-ruining...Or someone killed him...

So, if it's Superid picture we have I**p...I don't know how your picture looked like and this picture is a computer graphics...If to choose, I would choose IEI or ILI. Just by the theme of picture.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Absurd
    I understood what you meant. I do not know why you thought about a sacrifice? It could be anything, no?

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I drew this:

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally would not type the picture as one of the 16 types. I do not see anything wrong with that but I would think that all people have got all 4 psychic energies present in their psyche. It is to a certain degree natural to be sad or depressive from time to time. If we are sad we can turn to sad pictures. If the majority of pictures would be in Superid -theme then I would think that the person could be a Superid type.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cathie View Post
    2Absurd
    I don't think it's a religios picture, because suicide is a lack of faith and hope. This picture is called The_Betrayal... Maybe the self-betrayal, self-ruining...Or someone killed him...
    Yes. From a Christian standpoint. It doesn't matter how the picture is called

2 Absurd
    I understood what you meant. I do not know why you thought about a sacrifice? It could be anything, no?
    If you really understood what I meant by ritual sacrifice/death, why are you asking what made me think about sacrifice ?

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally would not type the picture as one of the 16 types. I do not see anything wrong with that but I would think that all people have got all 4 psychic energies present in their psyche. It is to a certain degree natural to be sad or depressive from time to time. If we are sad we can turn to sad pictures. If the majority of pictures would be in Superid -theme then I would think that the person could be a Superid type.
    What is a superid type? Going by DCNH subtype model, RSV3's expression strength vs value theory, Ashton's Model X, and others, everything seems to point to the fact that the most conscious functions receive the most feedback and thus are the most conditioned and developed...id functions are the least conscious and the least inhibited.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not know why but I do get silly thoughts quite often. Looking at the picture of Huitzilopochtli I wonder if the mushroom is actually poisoned? The snake has a really big mouth and looks scary. But the mushroom does not look like a flower pot eather. The grass looks like horns or spikes. And for some reason it is floating in the air. snake must feel some agreesion comes from the mushroom. May be she does not want to eat it bit the mushrom is attaking the snake or in some way bothers her with spikes.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not know why but I do get silly thoughts quite often. Looking at the picture of Huitzilopochtli I wonder if the mushroom is actually poisoned? The snake has a really big mouth and looks scary. But the mushroom does not look like a flower pot eather. The grass looks like horns or spikes. And for some reason it is floating in the air. snake must feel some agreesion comes from the mushroom. May be she does not want to eat it bit the mushrom is attaking the snake or in some way bothers her with spikes.
    :wink:

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gosh, I need to go now. Just a quick answer.

2 Absurd

I did understood that you meant ritual sacrifice but I did not understood why it came to your mind. It did not come to my mind. But if you do not know, thats ok. We do not know always why certain thoughts come to mind.

2 Huitzilopochtli
    I do have my own model and my own theory. It is a different level of consideration of blocks. I relate it the psychoanalytic concepts of ID, Ego and etc. There is an artical about Associative Model here on the forum. I can tell very briefly another time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    I drew this:
    Why did you write your type!
    But at least now I have a sensor's drawing, I reary see them...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

2 Absurd

I did understood that you meant ritual sacrifice but I did not understood why it came to your mind. It did not come to my mind. But if you do not know, thats ok. We do not know always why certain thoughts come to mind.
    I actually know, that's why I said what I said. I do not speak of things I have no knowledge about.

EDIT: Everything one speaks of, paints, scribbles, etc., has a meaning itself. The fact, someone doesn't know why he's doing that, is another story. I can see "what, when and why". It's a puzzle, subtle clues and pieces just waiting to be molded together or unravelled.
    Last edited by Absurd; 11-26-2009 at 05:58 PM.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe this mushroom represents my subconscious IM and the snake my conscious IM: I see the physical drawing itself as very typical of process; I did not know what it would be until I drew it, and the the rough sketched lines imply more specifically a tactical process where sense is created rather than accepted (); the mushroom is subjectivity and subconscious knowledge () and possibly -demonstrating; the grass is the underlying uninhibited unconscious, the source of the LSI persona. The prevalence of concepts over patterns is very static, the implicit concepts of power are very autocratic and the specific references to the snake seem decisive (which also represents the most conscious elements of the picture, the ego...to me snakes are usually represented as ENFj and evoke the reciprocal archetypal instinct of space-capturing and emotion-creating), the simplicity and the lack of perceptual content in general to me represents a rational type...the fact that there are 2 competing objects of focus represent space-occupation () and also subjectivist understanding of 2 perspectives simultaneously (); the internal arrangement, where neither focus seems to yield, is possibly stubborness and the lack of external influence represents a carefree attitude, both of which lead back to an NF us vs. them autocracy...interestingly enough, stubborn, carefree, and autocratic form a small cycle, where the presence of any two implies the third...

2 Absurd

2 Huitzilopochtli
    I do have my own model and my own theory. It is a different level of consideration of blocks. I relate it the psychoanalytic concepts of ID, Ego and etc. There is an artical about Associative Model here on the forum. I can tell very briefly another time.
    Cool thanks

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Huitzilopochtli
    Very interesting perspective. All Superego types, which are rational introverts, are rational analytics. We like to explain things so it makes sense to us and we try to base it on theory. Irrational types are better at perception and see what rational types do not see instantly. Logical types are not easy to understand sometimes when they realgte to theory. I think I grasped the general idea of what you said. I liked what you said:
    .... the simplicity and the lack of perceptual content in general to me represents a rational type...
    Picture does look static and concept is simple, thats true. Powerstrugle or just opposition. Not sure why it shoull be oposition at all. Snake is usually symbol of wisdom. Mushroom is also quite a good symbol and it is central to you. Why is the snake not happy, what is going wrong between sub- and conscious?

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Huitzilopochtli
    Very interesting perspective. All Superego types, which are rational introverts, are rational analytics. We like to explain things so it makes sense to us and we try to base it on theory. Irrational types are better at perception and see what rational types do not see instantly. Logical types are not easy to understand sometimes when they realgte to theory. I think I grasped the general idea of what you said. I liked what you said:
    .... the simplicity and the lack of perceptual content in general to me represents a rational type...
    Picture does look static and concept is simple, thats true. Powerstrugle or just opposition. Not sure why it shoull be oposition at all. Snake is usually symbol of wisdom. Mushroom is also quite a good symbol and it is central to you. Why is the snake not happy, what is going wrong between sub- and conscious?
    I guess the mushroom is more central; maybe it is internal and the snake is external, in a balance of power?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cathie View Post
    You've got very interesting thoughts. Maybe unfinished picture is the sign of processer?
    About your picture. It seems like an idea in his head, but he is sad. Prob. intuit and negativist. I'd say introvertion...
    Yes, Intuitive and negativist. Not Introvert though. IEE.
    The pictures from a series for an animation, they end up looking happy.

2 somavision

Do not go anywehre from the thread. You provide very interesting insight. this is how the art-terapists work. They point to the expression of sub and un-conscious thoughts and feelings which are not noticed straight forward. They make the person think deeper and understand yourself better. The only problem with that this is the private matter because everyone not just the person in question starts to see something in the picture. I would imagine that the insight provided as a subjective interpertation can be also not true in the eyes of the author of the picture. This does not however mean any failure on behalf of the art-terapist. It is the effect of a new perception of the picture is interesting in itself and gives interesting ideas for socionics typing. If you wish you could also open your own thread and so the people who will come to you they will get rather infromation about their subconscious level of thinking and feeling, sort of a art-psycho-therapy. You have got a talent for it. But if you stay here and if Cathie would not mind it would be even more interesting, because we could relate it to socionics typing as well.

Thanks Olga, I'll bare it in mind.

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post
    well it looks like a load of rubbish falling on to a heart to me.
    Including an upturned rose falling straight down.
    I'd guess it cfould represent the pain of a failed relationship.
    Feelings that all the crap relating to that are stopping the heart from beating freely.

very good description. I could add more. But I don't want to. The rose among rubbish basically represents how superficial the relationship was.

as about the little girl I have never finished...mhm I don't know really... I just remember I left it unfinished with the thought "gonna end tomorrow" but never did that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ guessing INTj and turning out ESFp

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just finished this.

Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to try. Because everything is so rationally organised and there is a space in the list I would think of a rational introvert. Static and intutive. Not sure ethcial or logical but may be ethical.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    I guess the mushroom is more central; maybe it is internal and the snake is external, in a balance of power?
    Yes, could be. We could associate a bit more. Subconscious is leading or wish to be leading but conscious is not happy. If snake is representing Ego and snake is a symbol of wisdom, that means you consider yourself as intellegent enough person to live your life without intervention of something which does not even looks as intellegent or powerfull -just a mushroom floating. It would be interesting to look into the concept of a mushroom as well as to understand the reason of power imbalance. In what way and would it be possible at all to reconcile the mushroom and the snake?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to try. Because everything is so rationally organised and there is a space in the list I would think of a rational introvert. Static and intutive. Not sure ethcial or logical but may be ethical.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, could be. We could associate a bit more. Subconscious is leading or wish to be leading but conscious is not happy. If snake is representing Ego and snake is a symbol of wisdom, that means you consider yourself as intellegent enough person to live your life without intervention of something which does not even looks as intellegent or powerfull -just a mushroom floating. It would be interesting to look into the concept of a mushroom as well as to understand the reason of power imbalance. In what way and would it be possible at all to reconcile the mushroom and the snake?
    Perhaps the mushroom represents a girl? I drew this in college 4 or 5 years ago and I was very depressed at the time...

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see. I feel good about mushroom. However, I found some possible meanings of mushromm as a symbol and a snake.
    In literature, a mushroom is considered to be a symbol of immorality and eccentricity. As it lacks leaves and flowers but still resembles a plant it is also considered to be a symbol of peculiarity or strange things. The mushroom symbolizes the occurrence of a situation which will be unexpected and have long lasting effects that are very strange and unthinkable.

The spiritual interpretation of the image transcends time and is obvious. No wonder that word "bemushroomed" has evolved to reflect the devout mushroom lover's state of mind.
    Mushrooms and Man
    And here about the snake:
    Snake Symbolic Meaning

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mushrooms and Man
    Snake Symbolic Meaning
    The next step would be asking yerself the question why did it come to represent what it represents. Is it Freudian, is it Jungian, etc. The devil is in the details. There is much to learn and there is much to discern in above interpretations.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see. I feel good about mushroom. However, I found some possible meanings of mushromm as a symbol and a snake.
    In literature, a mushroom is considered to be a symbol of immorality and eccentricity. As it lacks leaves and flowers but still resembles a plant it is also considered to be a symbol of peculiarity or strange things. The mushroom symbolizes the occurrence of a situation which will be unexpected and have long lasting effects that are very strange and unthinkable.

The spiritual interpretation of the image transcends time and is obvious. No wonder that word "bemushroomed" has evolved to reflect the devout mushroom lover's state of mind.
    Mushrooms and Man
    Snake Symbolic Meaning
    Interesting...the species of mushroom in that picture is psilocybe cubensis... lately I have been making 3D art - here is a picture that is much less archetypal, but still meaningful nonetheless - it is called, Manifest Destiny

Last edited by Nexus; 11-29-2009 at 12:15 AM.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am reading the book of the healer Barbara Brennan. She is writing about hollographic principal of our reality and universe. How much psychic energy is important to us and lots of other things. You have got little circles of light present in the picture and she says that we have something very similar in the centre of our body whcih looks like a star. She can see it all as a healer. She talks about importance of energy balance and my model and theory is pretty much in agreement with what she is saying and what she is doing- trying to balance the individual on all levels of energy, to make him stronger in many different ways. I guess your picture is also a reminder of what we are, of our connection with Universe.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Absurd
    There is not always necessary to go deeper although it could be interesting to know everything...but we can not know everything and may be we should not. It is not also important to relate to theory because each and everyone of us has got a connection to architypes and to the resources of Universe. I have noticed so many times that what i think some other people think may be formulate a bit different. We need to activate the resources within ourselves in order to be productive and creative, to trust innner self. And what we do not know yet will be possible to reach by hand. No matter how much I studied in life I do not have that knowledge ready available as if my mind decides what to keep and what to chuck it away. But when I need the knowledge I can find it.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

2 Absurd
    There is not always necessary to go deeper ...
    Okay

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am reading the book of the healer Barbara Brennan. She is writing about hollographic principal of our reality and universe. How much psychic energy is important to us and lots of other things. You have got little circles of light present in the picture and she says that we have something very similar in the centre of our body whcih looks like a star. She can see it all as a healer. She talks about importance of energy balance and my model and theory is pretty much in agreement with what she is saying and what she is doing- trying to balance the individual on all levels of energy, to make him stronger in many different ways. I guess your picture is also a reminder of what we are, of our connection with Universe.
    We both have creative extroverted sensing ;P ... You are a holographic type (static result) so I guess I can see where you coming from, I kind of see the color divisions as a compartmentalization of the mind; anyway, this picture to me represents my dream when I am asleep, so most of these things I have dreamed of before...

left half: unconscious (weak functions in black sector, strong functions in red sector), perspective of superid
    valued symbols dark () in 3D space (), unvalued symbols light () and in color ()
    superego tries to make superid forget ego, ego is too far to do anything, superid tries to control id
    superego: the colored angel () / white halo () represent my unvalued conscious
    id: the colored puppet () / guitarist () represent my unvalued unconscious
    superid: the uncolored puppeteer () / glowstick dancer () represent my valued unconscious
    ego: the uncolored distant supernova () / evil eye () represent my valued conscious

right half: conscious, perspective of ego
    huge overwhelming supernova is (), uncolored highway map of interconnected stars above represents beta empire ()
    huge overwhelming black hole () sucking in color (), rocket ship () escaping bright light ()

top: unvalued
    delta angel halts expansion of beta empire

bottom: valued
    the satellite in the left bottom corner is Se
    the planet in the bottom center is Fe
    the rocket ship in the right bottom corner is Ni
    Ti appears to be missing, but is represented by stars that are not yet connected and have not exploded all over the sky

*the Einstein Field Equation in the stars relates space and time to mass and energy, and represents my Ti when I awaken within my superid and lucid dream away from my superego...
    Last edited by Nexus; 11-29-2009 at 02:55 AM.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, here is another one called, Emergence of Multicellular Life:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post

very good description. I could add more. But I don't want to. The rose among rubbish basically represents how superficial the relationship was.

as about the little girl I have never finished...mhm I don't know really... I just remember I left it unfinished with the thought "gonna end tomorrow" but never did that.
    Cool. It was a bit weird for me seeing your picture. I'd recently been getting some issues resolved... from previous relationships... childhood etc.

And I kept dreaming of these rooms in my house beeing filled with rubbish. But gradually over many, many months, I started to dream of the rooms being cleared or cleansed with water etc. and I knew as that happened that things were getting better and I started to feel better. And well, there just seemed to be such a strong parallel with your drawing.

Have you heard of a book called 'the secret', another one I liked was called 'a little light on the spiritual laws'. Anyway I thought they were great and well I'm just mentioning it really because you picture reminded me of my dreams.

Anyway... I don't know how recently your picture was drawn, but maybe if it was drawn recently it could represent how you are feeling now. Maybe (and it's up to you of course... but you could find it useful)...maybe if you redrew the picture, but perhaps think of how you want your heart to be again. draw it not how it is now but how you want it in six months or a year or two years.

Think of the rubbish lifting away and how you will feel then. Bit random... I hope I havn't been too intrusive or anything. I would highly recomend those books. They were recommended to me by people who had gone through a lot a crap and I think the same with them. Anyhoo all the best.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 somavision
    I wonder, who is the author of the books you reccomend? By the way you talk I see the intuition is strong in you. I noticed similar talk-style in EII, ILI and possibly IEE. Are you a psychotherapist? If not, you surely have got a natural quality to be the one. I am not like that. I do try but still can be intrusive with my judgement and teachings.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    N, p, may be introvert.