Page 137 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,480 of 6489

Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey all. This song just popped in my mind after reading Minde's location.

Peace out.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @Aylen, I agree with your comments about @End. I'm pretty sure he is ILI, and he seems to be surprisingly candid on here, more than a typical ILI would reveal. Probably, irl, he'd look perfectly normal. Conservative-appearing, even. Very button-down and logical, get the job done right with a minimum of fuss and errors.

However, one thing he seems to share with all the ILI's I know irl, is his very strong attraction to extroverted party girls. He's probably also super-tolerant of crazy female behavior, and is probably really good at managing his finances.
    Adam, you're hitting the nail on the head. Which is pretty easy for you to do given how LIE's are my mirror. If one wants a good book to read on finance I'd recommend "The Richest Man In Babylon" by George S. Clason. The secrets of wealth are timeless, it is very easy to become wealthy... but only if you have the patience to do so. There is no "quick" way to wealth that is both moral and not based on large amounts of luck. Yeah, you can win the lotto, but, well, the house always wins in the end. Those few people who hit the jackpot? Yeah, they exist to suck in the suckers who will lose it all to he who runs the gambling racket. The jackpot winners also tend to not be those gifted in , for the masters of the gambling pits fear a better master of said pits displacing them .

The same can be said of the established political order. Oh yeah, they can get ya rich quick, but boy oh boy, the things they'll make you do to prove you are worthy of being admitted into "The Big Club". By the time you are granted your first million you will have made any common criminal look like an ordained saint! Jesus H. Christ are those fuckers evil. They should have been hanged yesterday.

Also, candidness comes with the degree of anonymity I'm being granted. If I thought my comments here could feasibly reach people I know even as acquaintances without plausible deniability I would never say the shit I'm saying. I mean fuck, sexual kinks are golden blackmail material in the US. If anyone knew I was a sub they'd call me a cuck and laugh at me and any potential employer would either fire my ass or just toss my application aside outright. I have a life on the net, and a life IRL. Never shall the two meet anywhere except in an NSA server that they relegate to minuscule threats. The bureaucrats ain't paid enough to care about my crazy ass and I rather much like the fact that that is the case for me .

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    What else is on this helpful red flag checklist of yours?
    -getting uncomfortable and angry about you spending time with other people or doing things you enjoy but he doesn't
    -wanting to save you, be your financial benefactor, help you become a 'better' person
    -getting angry when you can't read his mind and placing responsibility for his own feelings and actions on you
    -if you say how you feel its always about how much that expression bothers HIM or how you're trying to manipulate him
    -"the world is against me, nobody understands me"
    -if you feel confused, on guard, like you're walking on eggshells, like you vaguely owe them something, or start questioning your own memory
    -preoccupied with innocence in women or their superior spiritual qualities, quick to divide them into virgins or whores
    Last edited by ashlesha; 04-28-2016 at 01:46 PM.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Hey all. This song just popped in my mind after reading Minde's location.

Peace out.
    I played it twice in a row.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    I want to delete that

I feel sad now because we're all going through a very tough time. I'll take her out and maybe contact with nature will make her feel better
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saturday, while hiking, Bunter (my dog) slipped and fell down a steep, rocky valley. I helplessly watched as my sweet companion, who has gotten me through many a rough moment, skidded further and further down loose gravel toward the sea. It's probably the most frightened I've been since a little over a year ago.

A member of our hiking party got this video as Bunter carefully and persistently worked to make his way back up to us. I'm the black speck at the top of the ridge to the left. It seemed impossible from my vantage point and after observing how little solid footing there was. But he didn't give up, didn't panic, used his little brain, kept moving. (An angel might have given him a boost, too, it's hard to tell. I definitely prayed!)

I'm sharing this because it has a happy ending and it's a good lesson in not giving into fear and keeping on going even when the way forward seems impossibly difficult.

In the off-chance you don't know, this is what Bunter looks like close up:

141030bunter-0035.jpg

And this was him earlier in the day:

Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Minde, my heart literally stopped after reading your first paragraph. What a nightmare. So so so glad all went well! <3
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    But nothing is certain except that I am swooning my little heart out regardless of what type he is. Super-exciting, cool, smart, driven, sexy, hard-working, sweet (in a Fe-PoLR-ish way) guy. With the most incredible eyes. INCREDIBLE EYES <3
    You know him IRL? You have a crush? What's going on here, haha.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    You know him IRL? You have a crush? What's going on here, haha.

Oh wait, are you talking about End? Haha I think we talked past each other there. Sorry about the confusion. My mind is a bit uni-directional at the moment.
    Last edited by Kim; 06-10-2016 at 07:37 AM.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Yes, my brand new budding romance. Gush gush gush. <3

Oh wait, are you talking about End? Haha I think we talked past each other there. Sorry about the confusion. My mind is a bit uni-directional at the moment.
    ... I was totally talking about End, haha!
    Ne problems...
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

For now my verdict for the new man is ILI 9w8 sp/sx or sx/sp (social blindspot makes sense). Ni-leading and Fe PoLR sort of stand out to me at this point. I might have stereotypes in my head, but he does not seem nerdy enough and too "dj/skater swaggy" to be LII. He also responds well to straightforward "hey, do this" or "I don't like that, cut it out." I can't quite see him enjoy ESE Fe. He is somewhat bratty, but in a charming way (charming to me because I "brat" back and it's fun).

But nothing is certain except that I am swooning my little heart out regardless of what type he is. Super-exciting, cool, smart, driven, sexy, hard-working, sweet (in a Fe-PoLR-ish way) guy. With the most incredible eyes. INCREDIBLE EYES <3

In other news, my university's library brings in dogs for students to relieve stress during finals week. <3
    I have to weigh in now since I suggested ILI. After those picture comparisons to an ILI, and what we have talked about so far, I think you have found yourself a dual. Sx/sp still sounds good and after seeing his pics I know why you find him so attractive. He is even more attractive than your soldier (to me ).

I think he is SLI and the soldier is LSI. That is why you are so smitten, kitten.

ILI would be my second choice.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes, I think you are right. I thought he is intuitive, but I think it's because of his interest in mysticism and mythology. I think now, after hanging out more, that that stems from growing up in a Native American community and other things rather than necessarily being an intuitive type. He certainly looks SLI and he is very smooth and fluid when it comes to immediate surroundings (a certain cool swag that I find typical for well-adjusted and confident SLIs). He is totally zen, which suits me very well haha. Nothing really phases him except when people are disrespectful and entitled.

SLI 9w8 sx/sp works well, but whatever he is, I can ramble and flit about and sing badly and have really bad hair and look like the walking dead in the morning and be drunk and ridiculous and snappy and he rolls with all the punches and makes me feel like I am just all around perfectly good for him.

Last night I went over and he was scratching, so for two hours I sat on his living room floor, played with his baby kitty and watched him. It was absolutely mesmerizing. He is so so so good. <3

So yeah, I am officially in love with this guy.
    Can I see a photo, pretty please ?

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Can I see a photo, pretty please ?
    What's your verdict?
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What's your verdict?
    SLI 9w8. no ILI. for sure gurl

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Last edited by Kim; 06-10-2016 at 07:38 AM.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Energy permitting, I may go see this this weekend

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...htmlstory.html
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the nice little Delta narrative in this clip.

Are you feelin' the Bern, Deltas?
    Last edited by Park; 05-15-2016 at 02:02 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little while ago I offended someone without having the slightest intent to do so. I was called "aggressive", "insulting", and was blamed of ruining her Friday. I apologized, clarified my position and intentions, but that didn't seem to change much. What started off as a really pleasant encounter ended up in the other side getting butthurt reactive.

I was taken by surprise, but I didn't feel indifferent about it. Two questions remain with me:

1) Why do some people take things personally when disagreeing about factual, technical, objective, provable stuff?
    2) Why do I care about hurting someone's feelings when I know I'm right and the evidence is on my side?

I might have an answer for #2, but #1 is still pretty weird and unclear to me.

P.S. One more, actually:

3) Was she on her period?

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    I love the nice little Delta narrative in this clip.

Are you feelin' the Bern, Deltas?
    Beautiful, man! It is so true and shit...I mean, Trump's funny and whatnot, but his ideas are BAD(they do have potential, but NO practical implementation). We should move towards Star Trek and not towards Warhammer 40000 wtf...

/teardrop

edit: maybe we should move towards Tau ways from 40k? lol There's a spark even in the sea of darkness, let me tell you

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    I know shyness isn't socionics type related.

But this is my second time post something at lounge, and it feels like, watching people log in and log out, walking around, studying Socionics, or talk about anything.

And my heart just said to me, "Why you are just sit here? Go and enjoy this forum."

Yes, I actually enjoy being something invisible and unexplainable here.
    enneagram 9 ?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    I just discovered Mahalia Jackson.
    and How does that Make you Feel ?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    and How does that Make you Feel ?
    Like painting her. She was an amazing, strong, principled, brave woman. Did you know she was the springboard for MLK Jr.'s "I have a dream" oration? "Tell them about the dream, Martin!" she called out, and he did.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

These Are the First Dates Most Likely to Lead to Marriage (If You're Into That)

We went on a 3-hour walk for our first date. Bring on the ring, I say.
    Oh very nice.
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The biggest heartbreak is when you realize that you still love each other and you find yourselves slipping up and dreaming up adventures together, but reality catches up and you know that now is not the time because of all the damage war and conflict have done to him. So you try and fail and try and fail and finally say you are friends, but then there is all this heartbreak in the final hug because it's not what you want, it's just what is wise. Meh.

battle on.png
    Last edited by Kim; 06-04-2016 at 04:30 AM.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom scheduled a week long family reunion which starts in a week. It's on an Alaskan cruise ship. Initially I didn't want to go. R can't make it cuz he's helping his dad with dr visits for cancer. I'm also not a big fan of being around a large group of people. I've also got so much going on, with so little time to do it in. But, I finally gave in. Mostly because of all the horrible scenarios and what-ifs that kept springing to mind regarding my daughter. But also because this may be the last time i get to see my mom. When I told her to use the money she'd be paying for my cabin etc for her to visit us later this year, she made it clear to me that she might not be going anywhere after this cruise. She's having surgery on her back, and a lump has returned in her stomach.

After helping my daughter with her constant emergencies, and making sure my brother would be able to go (warning: NEVER let your I.D. expire past 5 years!! You may not be able to get one again!!), I finally got to settle down and sign up for the massages I wanted (instead of the excursions my mother was paying for). But it was one day too late. Hopefully I'll be able to get one or two in once we're there.

This whole thing has been a huge hassle for me. Worse, I'll be away from R for a whole week. In 12 years we've only been apart a total of 4 days. He has been such a help! Doing the driving to seattle and back when I panicked, helping me make sure i have emergency funds available, and will be driving us to the pier in seattle, then picking us up. This on top of busting his butt making a chicken coop, pen, and runs for me for chickens he didn't really want in the first place. I'm worried that the week he'll have alone will lead him to deciding he prefers it that way...alone.

I'm not going to take my ipain with me, nor any other internet item. I'm going to try using this time to get some healthy habits going, and hopefully get some massages. There's also been something I've been wanting to do, but always felt guilty due to all the chores I'm behind on. I'll spend time getting familiar with the basics. This trip I refuse to feel responsible for helping my loved ones, and refuse to feel guilty for not helping them. This trip will be about me. Well...and spending some time with my mom, I'll help HER. I've already experienced the guilting attempts to get me to sign up for excursions because someone didn't want to go alone. And I'm sure I'll have some trouble getting some alone time. My mother (EII) understands me, but my daughter and brothers don't. (SEE, IEI, SLE, all with SO instinct) I'm sure there'll be family drama, and a couple of spats between me and SLE bro. At least now I've gained enough internal strength that I won't be cowering to him.

Ugh, I just wanna stay home with R!!
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    My mom scheduled a week long family reunion which starts in a week. It's on an Alaskan cruise ship. Initially I didn't want to go. R can't make it cuz he's helping his dad with dr visits for cancer. I'm also not a big fan of being around a large group of people. I've also got so much going on, with so little time to do it in. But, I finally gave in. Mostly because of all the horrible scenarios and what-ifs that kept springing to mind regarding my daughter. But also because this may be the last time i get to see my mom. When I told her to use the money she'd be paying for my cabin etc for her to visit us later this year, she made it clear to me that she might not be going anywhere after this cruise. She's having surgery on her back, and a lump has returned in her stomach.

After helping my daughter with her constant emergencies, and making sure my brother would be able to go (warning: NEVER let your I.D. expire past 5 years!! You may not be able to get one again!!), I finally got to settle down and sign up for the massages I wanted (instead of the excursions my mother was paying for). But it was one day too late. Hopefully I'll be able to get one or two in once we're there.

This whole thing has been a huge hassle for me. Worse, I'll be away from R for a whole week. In 12 years we've only been apart a total of 4 days. He has been such a help! Doing the driving to seattle and back when I panicked, helping me make sure i have emergency funds available, and will be driving us to the pier in seattle, then picking us up. This on top of busting his butt making a chicken coop, pen, and runs for me for chickens he didn't really want in the first place. I'm worried that the week he'll have alone will lead him to deciding he prefers it that way...alone.

I'm not going to take my ipain with me, nor any other internet item. I'm going to try using this time to get some healthy habits going, and hopefully get some massages. There's also been something I've been wanting to do, but always felt guilty due to all the chores I'm behind on. I'll spend time getting familiar with the basics. This trip I refuse to feel responsible for helping my loved ones, and refuse to feel guilty for not helping them. This trip will be about me. Well...and spending some time with my mom, I'll help HER. I've already experienced the guilting attempts to get me to sign up for excursions because someone didn't want to go alone. And I'm sure I'll have some trouble getting some alone time. My mother (EII) understands me, but my daughter and brothers don't. (SEE, IEI, SLE, all with SO instinct) I'm sure there'll be family drama, and a couple of spats between me and SLE bro. At least now I've gained enough internal strength that I won't be cowering to him.

Wow, your family reunions must crazy insane every time.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    Wow, your family reunions must crazy insane every time.
    Her 2nd husband's family is the one who does family reunions....every year. Only one of those family members do I like. The husband died two years ago. My (EII) mom's using the money he left her to do one last reunion for them, but invited her own kids as well this time. The SLE bro is crazy intense and loves to push people's buttons. We can't be in the same room for more than 10 minutes before he starts trying to push mine. I've usually tried to leave the room, but he usually blocks the exit or corners me. We talked about it a number of years ago, and he said he wouldn't do it again. I don't know what to expect there, but I've since grown some balls after hanging out in this forum for so many years. The IEI bro lives near my daughter (the SEE). I see them about once a week or two. I'm the only one of us with a car. So mostly i'm driving half an hour to town, driving them around to do errands, then driving half an hour back home. I hate driving. We don't really get to do anything fun together. So, maybe we can now since I won't be responsible for anything, nor drained from driving.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her 2nd husband's family is the one who does family reunions....every year. Only one of those family members do I like. The husband died two years ago. My (EII) mom's using the money he left her to do one last reunion for them, but invited her own kids as well this time. The SLE bro is crazy intense and loves to push people's buttons. We can't be in the same room for more than 10 minutes before he starts trying to push mine. I've usually tried to leave the room, but he usually blocks the exit or corners me. We talked about it a number of years ago, and he said he wouldn't do it again. I don't know what to expect there, but I've since grown some balls after hanging out in this forum for so many years. The IEI bro lives near my daughter (the SEE). I see them about once a week or two. I'm the only one of us with a car. So mostly i'm driving half an hour to town, driving them around to do errands, then driving half an hour back home. I hate driving. We don't really get to do anything fun together. So, maybe we can now since I won't be responsible for anything, nor drained from driving.
    Sad that your mother's family reunions are coming to an end. It's always sad when good things come to an end. At least you'll have an opportunity to meet them and have fun on the last one. Back when all but one of my grandparents were alive we used to do family reunions all the time. I'm IEE, my male cousins are IEE, IEE, ESE, SLE and SEE from oldest to youngest and my female cousins I have no idea, they're all crazy though. My sister is the only sane woman in our family on the dad's side. lol All of my mom's side live in Korea except for my EII cousin who's considering working for Microsoft or Google when he graduates or possibly AMD. We're all a huge mix of types even though we all still know the old Chosun marriage system. In fact, after the implementation of it, there was even more mixing between Quadras going on. lol I guess there you have it. The US is olden day Chosun in the 1700s then in the 23rd century is when the US as a nation will be able to begin forging our own destiny again.

IEE Ne Creative Type

!!!!!!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The biggest heartbreak is when you realize that you still love each other and you find yourselves slipping up and dreaming up adventures together, but reality catches up and you know that now is not the time because of all the damage war and conflict have done to him. So you try and fail and try and fail and finally say you are friends, but then there is all this heartbreak in the final hug because it's not what you want, it's just what is wise. Meh.

battle on.png
    you'll be alright, love. Remember, love doesn't come just romantically
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That does sounds a bit stressful, but perhaps the landscape can make up for it a bit. I find that sometimes it's easier for me to remove myself from people drama when I can focus on new sights and sounds (which does not come natural for an intuitive....). In any case, I hope you can get good things out of this, with the family or otherwise. R is not going anywhere, of that I am very very sure.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    you'll be alright, love. Remember, love doesn't come just romantically
    Thank you
    It's been emotional turmoil these past few weeks. I am not entirely sure what it means yet, but for now I have to do me and work on Operation California.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thank you
    It's been emotional turmoil these past few weeks. I am not entirely sure what it means yet, but for now I have to do me and work on Operation California.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I've been sleeping over at my parents to care for my father lately. He has a broken hip, which we declined surgery for, as he will probably not make it out alive. In excruciating pain he topples and turn all night in moans and cries. I am for a few nights now as I massage him, administer his pain meds, give him a goodie, which I will not mention, that has been helping with pain and keeping him relaxed until a subbone is formed by the body which will heal the site of the injury.

I like to be in good spirits when I take care of someone I love.

Romantic styles anyone?

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...otic-Attitudes

This article was very touching. It reminds me of my sister teasing my dad. "Dad, what do you want..money? We'll get you money!!!" Dad, "what am I going to do with money? (He says in pain) I want your hand."

http://expandedconsciousness.com/201...m-a-dying-man/

"Don’t waste your time on work that you don’t enjoy. It is obvious that you cannot succeed in something that you don’t like. Patience, passion, and dedication come easily only when you love what you do.
    It’s stupid to be afraid of others’ opinions. Fear weakens and paralyzes you. If you let it, it can grow worse and worse every day until there is nothing left of you, but a shell of yourself. Listen to your inner voice and go with it. Some people may call you crazy, but some may even think you‘re a legend.
    Take control of your life Take full responsibility for the things that happen to you. Limit bad habits and try to lead a healthier life. Find a sport that makes you happy. Most of all, don’t procrastinate. Let your life be shaped by decisions you made, not by the ones you didn’t.
    Appreciate the people around you Your friends and relatives will always be an infinite source of strength and love. That is why you shouldn’t take them for granted."
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-09-2016 at 05:46 PM.
    -

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Maritsa, I'm really sorry about your dad. The poor guy (and his family) have gone through so much already. I hope ya'll get a GOOD break soon. Please remember to take care of yourself, too.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Maritsa, I'm really sorry about your dad. The poor guy (and his family) have gone through so much already. I hope ya'll get a GOOD break soon. Please remember to take care of yourself, too.
    I second this!
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thank you. I get a break starting Friday evening
    -

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa, I am sorry too. What you are going through brings back to me my Dad's last months. It is still feels sad to remember that time, but I am glad for every bit of very sad time I spent with him, and I know you will be too. It is the best thing in the world to be doing right now, and you will always be glad for how you spent these bittersweet days.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dh and are are completely absorbed in our big room redo, the room that was supposed to be modest but we have a lot of great ideas that take a little bits of money (that do add up) and a whole, whole lot of work, and this project is going on forever and we are both getting sort of sick of it. We discuss every single part of it, and are happy with our designs, but then we feel like slaves to these ideas we were so happy about when we conceived them, because bringing them to life is a lot of work.

We are now into painting, which is mostly my job, and I decided, and my thrifty husband reluctantly agreed, to use Fine Paints of Europe. Its not happening anywhere in the rest of the house because that's all been done by us in Ben Moore water-based - we did the whole interior, even closet interiors - so I could assure him that there is in fact an END to the pricey FPE. Its just this new room and new portico. Er - inside and out. But this stuff is "bullet-proof" oil-based and it will last and last. We won't have to paint again.

Yes, I am doing most of the painting but Dh is doing all the parts I don't want to do, mainly, the stuff on ladders and where you have to hang off the roof to do the soffits, etc. I am grateful for that. We actually saved the old asbestos siding from the two porches that we already enclosed and are applying it to the outside of this enclosed room, so it will match the rest of the house and we save. Its very paint-able and someday, not this year or next, we will paint it some nice color. Now the house body is parchment-colored asbestos, with our nice cream trim. Its the trim I am painting now. This means a coat of primer, then it must dry, then hand sand with 220 grit paper, then the first coat of finish paint, then let dry hard 2-3 days (I learned not to rush that wait) and hand sand with 220, then 320 grit (for inside I will add 420, 620 grits to this sanding for a mirror finish) and then final-coat it with a brush that is perfectly clean.

This link is my inspiration colors in Hollandlac Brilliant. http://www.marshalljohnsonpainting.c.../IMG_18721.jpg I am not yet sure if the blue color will go on door as I ahve alwways wanted or instead jsut the floor. After seeing the portico more finished I am thinking it "wants" to be cream. So after it is all primed in cream, I will be able to tell what the portico and door "ask" for, and that will determine it.

This week Dh will bleach the siding pieces that are lined up on the driveway waiting for surfactant to come in the mail, as these did not get bleached when we bleached the house (CT is woods, and house get a lot of black algae) last year. Yes, pretty much like this (not my house) and this (that's our roof color, but the black streaking was on ours was worse, AND it was on the siding). The difference is amazing but boy was it a lot of work last year. Every two years we will rinse the house with copper sulfate so we will never have to clean it again.

I have learned to spin a brush clean with an attachment on the drill. Its a fast, easy perfect brush cleaning! Dh built our attachment from a 2 minute youtube video I found, using some plastic tubing and bolts for a total of $3.25. That's a twenty dollar savings on $23.50 mechanical hand-pump one that Home Depot has that people complained in reviews rusted. I was glad for that savings because when I read that you should use centrifugal brush cleaning I was not happy about another investment. But I looked it up, and I am glad I did. And the drill does the spinning for you so this is easy. If you have to paint a lot, you should really get one for your drill. Its amazing, fast, effortless, whether you use water or oil-based paint. And I know I can keep my too-expensive brushes I bought for this painting project forever, now that I can clean them perfectly with such ease.

Lordwilling we can get the outside finished this month. Its possible. But things don't always go as planned so I am not holding my breath...
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found out today that my daughter is already a proven leader. She takes after her father perfectly.

IEE Ne Creative Type

!!!!!!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My father just passed away
    -