Page 113 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,520 of 6489

Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Ah ok. I'm not sure if you can collect unemployment for seasonal employment, and I think it varies by state. Good luck though. Did you hear back about the possible interview?
    The manager I need to speak to is proving difficult to get a hold of at this time. I'm going to go in tomorrow.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My current interest and project has been to build a cigar box guitar, but I decided to start with a one stringed one. So yesterday I bought the listed hardware, some boxes from joanns crafts, and some red oak for the stick.

Impatient as I am, and also I wanted to make it myself, I had richard show me how to use the drill before he left. So then, I sawed the wood...but it took a lot of effort. I mean..alot of effort for every measely quarter inch of a 2" piece. Then i'd have to take a break before getting another measely quarter inch. Five minutes later I finished the saw thru.

I was frustrated by the time I had finished that part. Then came drilling time...and oh my god...that was taking forfuckingever. I could smell the wood burning, and the ittybitty hole was hot to the touch, as was the drill bit. I'd have to stop, let it cool down, try again. I swear it took me a freakin hour to get the hole done...and i had five more holes to go!?!

So I stopped, upset, frustrated, venting on facebook, kinda depressed about it not working out like I'd seen on the numerous videos I had watched about it. I decided to try some regular oak next, cuz the piece i had leftover from another project was easy to drill and cut. I couldn't understand what was so hard about the red oak.

Then richard came home. I showed him the problem i'd been having. He looks at me holding the drill, showing him what I had been doing...

...and then calmly points out to me that I had had the drill in reverse.

*headdesk*
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    My current interest and project has been to build a cigar box guitar, but I decided to start with a one stringed one. So yesterday I bought the listed hardware, some boxes from joanns crafts, and some red oak for the stick.

Impatient as I am, and also I wanted to make it myself, I had richard show me how to use the drill before he left. So then, I sawed the wood...but it took a lot of effort. I mean..alot of effort for every measely quarter inch of a 2" piece. Then i'd have to take a break before getting another measely quarter inch. Five minutes later I finished the saw thru.

I was frustrated by the time I had finished that part. Then came drilling time...and oh my god...that was taking forfuckingever. I could smell the wood burning, and the ittybitty hole was hot to the touch, as was the drill bit. I'd have to stop, let it cool down, try again. I swear it took me a freakin hour to get the hole done...and i had five more holes to go!?!

So I stopped, upset, frustrated, venting on facebook, kinda depressed about it not working out like I'd seen on the numerous videos I had watched about it. I decided to try some regular oak next, cuz the piece i had leftover from another project was easy to drill and cut. I couldn't understand what was so hard about the red oak.

Then richard came home. I showed him the problem i'd been having. He looks at me holding the drill, showing him what I had been doing...

...and then calmly points out to me that I had had the drill in reverse.

*headdesk*
    *cracks up* I have so been there. (In my case, I couldn't get the valve cap off my bike tire with tools or fire - yes, I tried to melt the plastic. My dad later fixed the problem easily and asked if I had tried turning the cap in the other direction.) Glad you were able to find out what was wrong.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GemOfTroy View Post
    I was just thinking that's a lot of friends to have full stop. You must be exhausted.
    I have a few more than that

I've made good and long term friendships through various hobbies, interactions, work, etc. Yes, they all have my number and some live just around the corner . My door is usually open for them when they need to seek support.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-24-2013 at 02:28 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    *cracks up* I have so been there. (In my case, I couldn't get the valve cap off my bike tire with tools or fire - yes, I tried to melt the plastic.
    You're not the only one that cracks up.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The manager I need to speak to is proving difficult to get a hold of at this time. I'm going to go in tomorrow.
    So yeah. After being told on Monday to call back later in the week and finally reaching the person I need to speak with, I'm told that since the head manager is on vacation (something she informed me would happen and therefore had prior knowledge of), and since they have a lot of trainees they want to finish training, she can't make any hiring decisions until at least June 1st, when he returns. It's been three weeks since I first submitted my application. I have been on them consistently, checking back when I'm supposed to and coming in when I've felt it necessary. I have tried harder with this job than I've ever tried with a position, and it's quickly becoming not worth the effort.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So yeah. After being told on Monday to call back later in the week and finally reaching the person I need to speak with, I'm told that since the head manager is on vacation (something she informed me would happen and therefore had prior knowledge of), and since they have a lot of trainees they want to finish training, she can't make any hiring decisions until at least June 1st, when he returns. It's been three weeks since I first submitted my application. I have been on them consistently, checking back when I'm supposed to and coming in when I've felt it necessary. I have tried harder with this job than I've ever tried with a position, and it's quickly becoming not worth the effort.
    Ouch. So what are you going to do? Will you be looking for a different employment option while you are waiting those three weeks? Or will you try to ride it out and hope for the result you want?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the16types View Post
    That looks like one of those "what we eat in a week" pictures. Week or month, I don't remember. There are a couple of books that goes through different geographical locations, showing a typical family's food for a week or so. And a companion book that had a typical family from each region pull out of their house all of their belongings for an overshot image of it all. It was quite eye opening. (I checked them out from the library here.)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That looks like one of those "what we eat in a week" pictures.
    Yep. I don't think the food costs are that high in Germany, though (I'm guessing the comparison is a bit off).
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    Yep. I don't think the food costs are that high in Germany, though (I'm guessing the comparison is a bit off).
    Ooh, thank you for the link.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ouch. So what are you going to do? Will you be looking for a different employment option while you are waiting those three weeks? Or will you try to ride it out and hope for the result you want?
    I can call them back in about a week. The entire process, from submitting my application up until this current point, has taken three weeks. I am going to look around in the meantime. I have an application to a nearby frozen yogurt shop that I can easily fill out and drop off.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Ryene Astraelis, I hope you get the job you wanted...AND that it's worth the effort and frustration you've gone through for it.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    ooo this is awesome. thanks.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Ryene Astraelis, I hope you get the job you wanted...AND that it's worth the effort and frustration you've gone through for it.
    Thanks.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*kicks feet up on desk*

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice avatar.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    *kicks feet up on desk*
    I'm assuming you're joining Delta? Welcome
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    How's the job hunt going? And even though that place may be frustrating - don't quit now. You're so close to having your frustrations pay off. Although it may be wise to look for other places in the meantime as well.

My current job, it was a constant hassle through the interview process - took like 2 months I think total? But it's one of the best jobs I've had now that I'm working here, so it was well worth it.
    It's going. I went and saw the manager yesterday, to let him know I'm still interested. Now the hiring manager is on leave for a couple of days. She's supposed to talk with him soon, though, and then be back on Wednesday. Still hoping it works out.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I'm assuming you're joining Delta? Welcome
    I am fairly settled on thinking myself SLI.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    I am fairly settled on thinking myself SLI.
    Great. Some of us need plenty of Si and Te
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I Love my SEI friend who I run with everyday. I am usualy reluctant to go out and run with her because I'm busy doing other things that need to be done and I take too much time, whatever, she kinda beats me down gently to go run.

When we leave, I'm so happy and I sing to her to show her my love; at the start of the first mile I sing

"I love you baby" by Frank Sinatra

She says "I love you too Maritsa, see how much better you feel now that you're out?"

At the second mile I sing, I'm feeling the pain but I know I can go another mile...so I sing..

some blues or another

She's cursing too.

At the third mile, I'm about to dye and I don't know I'm running on, so I sing...

Blurred Lines by Pharrell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv4yLM-ysqU

I changed the lyrics a little so I sing

"you're a good girl,
    I tried to domesticate you
    but you're an ANIMAL
    BABY IT'S IN YOUR NATURe
    oh lord please liberate me

She thinks i want it
    Oh lord I don't want it"

She rofls when I sing this to her

LOL
    -

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally got my job about a week ago. I'm going through the pre-training process at the moment, and I start actual training tomorrow evening. I was very happy to discover that our pay system is on a one-week delay (and on Tuesday instead of Friday), which means I'll have money sooner than I thought. Being almost broke sucks, and I'm glad it's nearly over. My infection is also doing a ton better. I was on Bactrim for ten days and have been on Prednisone since then (that was... not a fun story). I'm not 100% better, but I am vastly improved.I can actually put some weight on my right side without hurting.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey all! Thought I'd join the thread.

I don't have much to say at the moment, other than that I'm genuinely happy to have found this forum. Thank you for all your insight!

EDIT: this was post #69. Hee hee!
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think my boss is ESE. First day of training, and it's occurred to me that I'm basically working for my mother.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think my boss is ESE. First day of training, and it's occurred to me that I'm basically working for my mother.
    Well that sucks, except that you are getting paid.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    Well that sucks, except that you are getting paid.
    Nah, he's cool. He makes things amusing. I don't dislike ESEs as a whole, anyway.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't ever offer a person facial surgery for cash after you had a drink.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This season's central and southern american dancing has officially begun and kicked off with Columbian music...

So, I went with my dual cousin and we relaxed and eased our way into the crowd, just trying to enjoy the moment (me taking her lead on this because if she weren't around I would circle the room mindlessly). During the dance lesson session, I teamed up with the ONLY other LSE there; a 60ish woman dressed all in black with a short hair cut and lovely jewelry. She was standing next to me and I just turned around and teamed with her. We learned to dance together and since I am the taller one of us I took the lead and she did such a good job following my steps. Later on, she came and found me to go over the steps again, then I also introduced her to my cousin.

I had a really good time.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-12-2013 at 05:17 AM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

8 women (me, my sister, and 6 cousins) went to see Pink Martini in concert at the Hollywood BOWL

the finishing number was a faster and livelier version of this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlARCwdYJuU
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This thread never felt very Delta to me.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not enough action, DA.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absurd, tell me more about you.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Not enough action, DA.
    Lots of action in gamma?
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    Lots of action in gamma?
    I would rather have you speak English or any other of four I can. I can't speak troll no matter how hard I try. Nor Finntroll - there are many troll languages if you didn't know, even dialects...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would rather have you speak English or any other of four I can. I can't speak troll no matter how hard I try. Nor Finntroll - there are many troll languages if you didn't know, even dialects...
    I don't know how to speak English or troll Can you show me how?

-Krishna

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes dear and sweetheart, pumpkin. Post more pics and I'm sure as hell going to show you. Oh and about you not trolling, I happen to have those PMs of some member called chriscorey that say otherwise, by this member's mouth. I'm not really sure whether you and chriscorey are the same person though, a lot of foul play on the Internets these days...

How is that possible, though, I don't know, so before you throw meat at me in visitor messages area again, think again. I'm sure ILIs are the thinking type, so it shouldn't be a problem for you...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes dear and sweetheart, pumpkin. Post more pics and I'm sure as hell going to show you.
    Honey, don't be daft, you've already showed me.

-Krishna

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    Honey, don't be daft, you've already showed me.
    Redundancy at its best then - why don't you ask more questions the answer you already know to?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Redundancy at its best then - why don't you ask more questions the answer you already know to?
    Why were you at Ross?

-Krishna