Thread: What's my subtype?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's my subtype?

I hear a lot about subtypes but know very little about them. The whole thing makes sense though when I see just how different ENTps can act.

I thought it would be fun to figure out my subtype but I don't really know where to start. I know behavior wise, I can come off as an ENFp sometimes. I think ENFps are a little suspicious of me at first but are fine once they get to know me.

I did the enneagram test and can't remember what came up number wise but it was leader first and like to help second. Here are some examples of how I act different around different types and why I think I do and maybe that will help.

ISTj - act more like an ENFp. They can be pretty stubbhorn and I just find my thinking isn't appreciated by them as my creativity is. So I tend to downplay my thinking to give them room to be the thinker.

ISTPs - I can be myself but their pointing out of danger irks me.

INFj - I become a lot more introverted after prolongued exposure to an INFj. Their feelings kind of dominate the relationship and they can be very critical of me in their effort to "help".

ESTp - I act more like an ENTj around them. It's more of a self-protection thing. I find they don't tend to exploit me as a tool so much when I act ENTjish around them. Otherwise, I'm such a push-over I find many have tried to take advantage of me.

INTj - I am myself but a bit nervous at first. Conversations with them stimulate me but I'm a little intimidated by them at first.

INTp - Again, I am myself but argue with them over facts and spin on facts. But there is a lot I admire about them but in particularly, their drive to learn I think I admire the most. If I want some reliable information, an INTp would be the person I picked to get it from.

I tend to shy away from ESTps, ESFps, and ISFjs the most. I have found my values differ mostly from that group. I find them quite critical of me but in a very bad way. Like an INFj will criticize me, and regardless how wrong it is to criticize someone that much, at least its constructive critisicm so there is still a lot of respect there. I find the other 3 types criticize me over things that are very inconsequential to me...for example my lack of interest in clothes.

ESFj - I can completely relate to being the activity partner to this one. I think ESFjs are sweet overall but I appreciate them much more at a distance. Close up, after a short period of time they kind of annoy me. Other than our activities, we don't have much to talk about.

If there is anything else you need to know, ask away!
    Polly
    ENTP

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's my subtype?

According to the comparative/look-alike thing, you'd be more likely intuitive subtype since you seem to identify better with ENFps than ESTps.

When you say that you "act more like an ENTj" around ESTps, I would say that you're acting more like an ESTp yourself; your look-alike. However that seems to be less comfortable than acting as your comparative, the ENFp.

You seem to be a bit intimidated by the dominant types, ISTj and INTj. That could mean that you're less confident in the use of your own .

It's consistent with being ENTp that you'd have problems with ESFps, INFjs and ISFjs. The only odd thing is how you see look-alikes, ESTps, since look-alike is usually a comfortable and non-threatening relationshp. But perhaps ESTps threaten everyone

If that theoretical explanation by Cheerio is correct, an intuitive subtype would have stronger , and generally I can see that in you.

INTps are your contraries, but if you'd tend towards ENFp they'd be your illusionary and if to ESTp, semi-duals; so that doesn't say much I think.

So, based on that, you'd be intuitive subtype.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do rely heavily on my intuition. I do know that. The logic is there but on an unconscious level almost. It's hard to explain but I just seem to know stuff and am not always sure how I know it. But it makes sense and more often than not, I am correct.

My intuition is what tells me there is danger in a situation. Being around mostly non-intuitive types growing up, I doubted my intuition and tried to see the world in a sensing way (and always failed). Now that I know more about intuition, I trust it a lot more.

I don't really see the whole look-alike thing with ESTps. The biggest similarity I see between us is our positive attitude that we can accomplish tasks and will go at them with enthusiasm. But the way we approach a task is completely different. I'm also very conscientious of other people's feelings and don't often say comments that hurt people. Even with my own ESTp sister, I see this lack of tact and not being able to understand that some of things she says are hurtful and well...rude. She can undermine the confidence of people around her while I want to boost their confidence up.

Her and I value COMPLETELY different things. She is more about keeping up with Joneses while I'm more concerned at reaching my potential.

She actually values her ability to manipulate people. She thinks its a positive thing even though she doesn't talk about it much. On the occassion when I can get her to express how she actually feels, she often has a very superficial opinion of people. Which is the opposite of me again.
    Polly
    ENTP