Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VI Meh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    If I were to go on socionics.com descriptions alone I would be 100% I'm INTj.
    Some people on this forum confuse nearly everyone with their stupid functional analysis. The reason for this disaster is the influence of socionics.us which is a completely miguiding website about socionics. You should trust your own intuition and type yourself by descriptions. Model A is just a model.

Thanks to you all for clearing an atomic shitload of confusion. Now can anyone lead me to a more precise view of the J/P dichotomy?
    Judging people have a rational base function, perceiving people have an irrational base function. That's the socionics definition.

You certainly noticed that the J/P dichotomy doesn't appear in the 3-letter-names. In MBTI types are defined by dichotomies whereas they are defined by their order of functions in socionics.

Perceiving people are often more spontaneous, more tolerant, less reliable. But there are INTps who are not really spontaneous, not really tolerant and quite reliable. That's why you shouldn't type anyone only by dichotomies.

Also, is being an INTj in socionics ANY indication of being an INTj under MBTI/Kiersey/Others. I understand the importance now of throwing away MBTI while entering socionics but if I go back and read more MBTI material, is it safe to classify myself as INTJ there?
    Yes, because you are Ni-INTj in socionics. If you were Ti-INTj you might think of yourself as INTP in MBTI. The best MBTI descriptions can be found on personalitypage.com.

Also, I'm not at all interested in politics or religion, but does INTj match up well with Agnosticism and Libertarianism?
    Libertarianism? Not really. It rather matches up with Anarchism. Maybe you will be interested in religion or politics in 10 or 20 years so it is not an important aspect for typing.

btw: are you sure your Enneagram type isn't 5w4? That confuses me a bit...
    Last edited by CheGuevara; 12-02-2009 at 10:59 AM.
    Ni-INTj --- Harmonizing Analyst --- -
    DCNH rox

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it's perfectly normal for a judging type to almost never clean his room? That was always a big speed bump when regarding myself as a J
    From what I've read so far, I feel equally close to 5 and 6 and 4 doesn't seem like me at all. The only website I've read a lot of on enneagram is the enneagraminstitute though. Is there better material than that?
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was this article on wikipedia which was unfortunately removed because of unsourced material
    DCNH rox

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I don't think there's any way I'm a 4. I'm most likely a 6w5 but possibly a 5w6. Phobic and Counter-phobic 6 switches off quite a bit in me if I understand it correctly.

Wow... http://www.personalitypage.com/INTJ_rel.html
    INTJ Weaknesses
    # Tendency to believe that they're always right
    # Tendency to be unwilling or unable to accept blame

Those two weaknesses have caused a great number of minor problems in my life.
    Now I'm 100% sure that I'm a MBTI (Or at least a personalitypage) INTJ
    Is this major evidence that I'm for sure Ni subtype?
    Last edited by Crispy; 12-02-2009 at 09:13 PM.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tentatively think you have your sig type right.

I'd say INTj from that pic, and from a general sense I've gotten reading this thread.

I agree with JuJu that if you posted more media of either sort we'd be able to pin it down and provide more substantiation.

At this point I could buy either of the Alpha NTs.

Talking live I'd probably be able to tell for sure, so either go on stickam sometime or PM me and we can AIM or something if you'd like.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow... INTJ Relationships
    INTJ Weaknesses

Those two weaknesses have caused a great number of minor problems in my life.
    Now I'm 100% sure that I'm a MBTI (Or at least a personalitypage) INTJ
    Is this major evidence that I'm for sure Ni subtype?
    It's a bit more complicated. Some MBTI-INTJs think they are INTp in Socionics. There are even people who think they are MBTI-introverts but socionics-extraverts. In my opinion they just should learn more about subtypes.

You said you are 100% sure you are INTj on socionics.com and 100% sure you are INTJ on personalitypage.com. So I am 100% sure you are harmonizing subtype.
    The problem is that many or most INTjs and INTps are called Ti-ENTp on this forum. This problem is called the ILE-bias...
    DCNH rox

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet, I'll add the subtype to my sig. I don't really have stickam or aim, but I'll try to post more often on these forums so my type will be more exposed as time goes on.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Frankly, asking most people at this forum to type you via VI is like asking a blind person to type you via VI.
    Fixed

TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You definitely look like an Ni type to me. Most likely Ni-INTp, but Ni-ENTj is also possible. You seem slightly to focused to be INTp. You sure don't look like an INTj to me. Their focus is quite different, a Ti focus with an Ne sparkle. Your gaze is cold to the core, looks Ni.

Arctures: delta just produces boring people
    Arctures: but that's how we like it

vero: who needs a real person
    vero: That's why I date an SLI

dolphin: someone tell gulanzon adjusting shower water to the right temperature is not si

Kraezz: you just have to do the ****** thing sometimes

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shindaiwa21 View Post
    You definitely look like an Ni type to me. Most likely Ni-INTp, but Ni-ENTj is also possible. You seem slightly to focused to be INTp. You sure don't look like an INTj to me. Their focus is quite different, a Ti focus with an Ne sparkle. Your gaze is cold to the core, looks Ni.
    Why not Ni-INTj then?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Ni-INTj supposed to be closer to Ne-INTj or Ti-INTj?
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDo View Post
    Why not Ni-INTj then?
    Hi Che. I thought it would take an infinite sum to express the number of times you'll have to be banned before you're gone

dolphin: someone tell gulanzon adjusting shower water to the right temperature is not si

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shindaiwa21 View Post
    Hi Che. I thought it would take an infinite sum to express the number of times you'll have to be banned before you're gone
    What do you mean?

I don't even know who I am! I woke up and thought: "Where am I? And who am I? And what am I doing here? I still don't know my real name so I call myself JohnDo...

But then I realized that the16types.info was my home. I still don't know my identity but maybe it will return some day...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crispy, I dunno, something about the INTj thing doesn't feel right (not to say you aren't -- what do I know as some random internet person).

However...

I mean, for the following, it could apply to ISTp or ISTj also. Or even INTp.

"INTJ Weaknesses

Those two weaknesses have caused a great number of minor problems in my life."

I dunno, something about the vibe I get from the few posts I've read seems more, I dunno, jumpy almost. Like, impulsive. And that could be coming from Si or Se (so ISTp or ISTj). Or maybe just because you're young. Hard to tell, but something about INTj doesn't make sense to me.

Also, this line you wrote "
    Recently given up on Computer Science (FUCK PROGRAMMING) to take on Chemistry (Hope I like it)." doesn't sound INTj to me.

I say that because the INTjs I know will make a solid decision and then not doubt it -- they won't even consider if they'll like it or not because they've already decided to do it for various reasons. And the part in caps also doesn't sound INTj.

So I dunno, but might wanna consider that. If you're INTj I'm sure you'll have lots of reasons why I'm wrong though . But I'd go with ISTj or ISTp or even INTp.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDo View Post
    What do you mean?

I don't even know who I am! I woke up and thought: "Where am I? And who am I? And what am I doing here? I still don't know my real name so I call myself JohnDo...

But then I realized that the16types.info was my home. I still don't know my identity but maybe it will return some day...
    Well, if this is your home, it's no wonder you're so dysfunctional.

Also, my feelings about you are static, does that make me an Fi-ENTp?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I seem jumpy/impulsive in any of my posts it's the weed. I never doubted my decision to major in computer science until I started dreading doing the programming assignments. It lost my interest, and it's almost impossible to work on something I'm not interested in. Next semester I'm taking Chemistry and Economics so I have another option to fall back upon if I fucked up again. I'm pretty dead set on chemistry though since science is all I can see myself doing for the rest of my life. Economics is very easy for me but Chemistry amazes me.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After a lot of re-re-reading I think my sig may be correct. Do any of these types seem to not match? (Is enneagram 5w6 consistent with INTP with INTj-Ti? etc)
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    You look ISTp to me. I have that same crease between my brows, that says, "I doubt everything." You also have the downturned lips, characteristic of ISTp, but i doubt the whole VI thing.
    That was my first thought too actually.

But i'm not totally sure on this particular one--doesn't readily jump out at me.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12