Thread: Type me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type me

Hello I'm new here! I'd appreciate if you could help type me.

Here's a description of myself. I'm a laidback person who tries to survive by doing the least possible work. I take about 1 year in a new environment before opening up to make friends. Once I open up and relax, I make friends very easily. I also have a tendency to hop from cliques to cliques and I am close to different cliques.

However, I'm very bad at answering the phone or replying messages. I do not like people to rush me and when that happens, I have a tendency to tune them out. I am also very wary of nice people because I think they can manipulate people better.

I love to play classical guitar, relax at the pool, check out restaurants, Wong Kar Wai films and listen to Radiohead. I have no problems hanging out alone or going shopping alone. I sometimes do that because I am lazy to call my friends out.

Thanks!

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My first instinct was infp, your wariness of nice people sounds Delta-phobic. (I have the same fear actually..... like it's just all a ruse and if they really cared about me they'd risk something dangerous to be with me, or something)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI. The "not wanting to be rushed" sounds typical of devalued Ni/Se/Te.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First choice - SEI

If not that, then SLI, but that's less likely than SEI
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this sound like you?

Sensing ethical introvert - Wikisocion
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello all, thank you for responding!

The description in the website doesn't really sound like me. I'll just try to analyze the ego block because it seems to be the best indicator of my type.

1. Introverted Sensing:
    It is possible that I can recognize internal physical states well. I have a tendency to make myself feel as comfortable as possible, in whatever surroundings I find myself in.

However I'm not really artistic, although I really want to be because I think artistic types are so cool. I tried water color painting once and it was a disaster. All my friends laughed at all my paintings and said it looked like some kid painted it.

Also, my living space is really messy. I have to leave things lying around to be
    able to use them. If I don't, I forget entirely about their existence. I've only started to file my notes very recently.

2. Extroverted ethics:
    Not really good at influencing the surrounding atmosphere. I could be cheery and talk to everybody but I cannot keep up with it. After a while, I just fade into the background where I just sit and absorb the atmosphere.

LOL what a long post. I hope that helps!

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lfdyoung View Post
    Hello I'm new here! I'd appreciate if you could help type me.

Here's a description of myself. I'm a laidback person who tries to survive by doing the least possible work.
    IP Temperment.

I take about 1 year in a new environment before opening up to make friends. Once I open up and relax, I make friends very easily. I also have a tendency to hop from cliques to cliques and I am close to different cliques.
    Practically the story of my life friend-wise, although I wouldn't say I take a whole year.
    However, I'm very bad at answering the phone or replying messages. I do not like people to rush me and when that happens, I have a tendency to tune them out.
    I was phone-phobic for SO LONG. I got over it, but I still prefer to email people I don't know rather than call them, if possible. The only thing here that would classically indicate not-Ni-ego is that "don't rush me" bit, (generally attributed to Ni-superegos, at least in some descriptions I've read), but that really doesn't matter. I don't particularly like to be rushed either, although I do secretly like being in a hurry, as long as I know that I can accomplish the goal by hurrying.

I am also very wary of nice people because I think they can manipulate people better.
    I agree that this sounds delta-fearing. But it's also just wisdom period.

I love to play classical guitar, relax at the pool, check out restaurants, Wong Kar Wai films and listen to Radiohead. I have no problems hanging out alone or going shopping alone. I sometimes do that because I am lazy to call my friends out.
    The only Radiohead song I know is "Creep," but I really love that song. Actually, that's not true. I also know "Reckoner." I don't like that one as well, but it's still good. And that hanging out alone bit is SO me. So, you sound like a potential IEI to me, although it's good to be wary with IEI typings, because, as someone pointed out, it's often the default typing people start with. Still... you seem pretty IEI.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello all, thank you for responding!

2. Extroverted ethics:
    Not really good at influencing the surrounding atmosphere. I could be cheery and talk to everybody but I cannot keep up with it. After a while, I just fade into the background where I just sit and absorb the atmosphere.
    That's what Fe creative is like. It's there when you need it, but you're not able/willing to keep it up long-term. I also default to a more passive position, especially when I'm among extroverts who can keep up the conversation without me, whereas I tend to act like an Fe-leading extrovert around more introverted people, because it's preferable to being bored.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you everybody! I've read the SLI description. It sounds more like a friend I used to travel home with. I think I will settle with IEI until I learn more about the various functions.

The survivor who, by maintaining good relations with all factions simultaneously, always survives political or corporate upheavals.
    I like this description best. Basically, it was how I survived high school.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks but no thanks. It's 40 qn long!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks but no thanks. It's 40 qn long!
    Uh, okay. It's a pity because the test is pretty good, and as you have just arrived (I presume), the chances of you being self-deluded into thinking you are another type than the one you really are, are slim. It's like that vaccine for cervical cancer that you must be given when you are still a virgin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha! I like the way u put it! Thanks! I shall do it when I'm done with all my school work. They're piling up in the corner.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah I think you are IEI too. We have a lot of IEIs here, because IEIs tend to like shit like this.

I just don't really sense her alpha values, and 'make friends easily once I relax' - everybody in the WORLD is like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry guys, I really wonder if I'm IEI? I don't react well to people bursting out in crazy emotions.

There was once this girl who lost her cool and ranted continuously about some impending "crisis". I suspected that she was doing that to try to get me to do something I didn't want. My first reaction was to tell her that she was over-reacting.

Of course I didn't because there was a possibility that she was genuinely stressed and anyway that would have been plain nasty. So I waited till she was done ranting, then firmly said that I would not give in but I will try to improve circumstances if it was within my means. Then I left. I didn't know how else to sit through it because I was worried that if I stayed any longer, I might have said the wrong things.

What does this kinda scenario say about my type?
    Last edited by lfdyoung; 11-02-2009 at 02:22 PM.

TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sound vaguely alpha to me, writing definitely is not like an alpha NT, but consistent with an alpha SF. Given the other things you've said I'd guess you're an ISFp/SEI.

Si doesn't mean you can tell when you have a bloody cold and when you crave chocolate. If that's all it did I would fire it and replace it with Ni. Actually I'd still probably do that if I could. I would say Si is about taking in atmospheres. What you take in of your surroundings or mental input will be sort of, translated into a overall vibe or feeling. An Se will be like event, color, event, event, color, movement, etc, registering individual things. Si will receive a sort of abstract feeling that is a composite of their sensory input.

Fe is sort of a dynamic perception. The way you view people will shift as you interact with them in different situations. You might think someone's nice to spend time with but becomes a total jerk when you play games because he becomes competitive and nasty. Fi is more like you have a core perception of the person that is relatively unchanging. Fe socializing tends to be more expressive and playful, where Fi's communicate non-verbally more and tend to be more directed.

I think ISFp is a very good bet. I'd be really surprised if you're IEI, I don't here any Ni in your writing at all. There's no plan, no angle. The feel is just wrong for beta.

If you put up a picture, alpha SF's are usually easy to accurately VI.

P.S. Tests aren't usually that accurate, though a lot of the times they'll get SF/NT/ST/NF right. But you're asking people to put their time into typing you based on a bunch of fairly generic statements, the least you can do is take a test.

Arctures: delta just produces boring people
    Arctures: but that's how we like it

vero: who needs a real person
    vero: That's why I date an SLI

dolphin: someone tell gulanzon adjusting shower water to the right temperature is not si

Kraezz: you just have to do the ****** thing sometimes