Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anybody wanna type this person?

He is E4 type. In my eyes he is quite weird but very interesting. I thought he was LSI because he has very high expectations on people.
    Later I thought SLI because he is very attentive and caring but I gave him to read about functions and he said he is more intuitive than sensing.
    Another thing, he cares about his looks a lot tho he doesn't look outstanding. He dresses mostly in earthy colors: black, green, brown...
    Not highly energetic. After one night out he could sleep like whole day...
    Very easily offended...for example..if you call him asshole even in a joking way.
    Interested in philosophy, psychology and arts.
    Is a programmer by profession.

Some things he said:
    "Feelings make people unhappy"
    "I need to sleep a lot to function properly" yet he sleeps like 5 hours a day and is quite often late to work. My fault.
    "i hate when people don't show any emotions and are too cold" even tho he is quite unemotional himself.
    "I used to be very antisocial at school. Now I try to change this by communicating with as much people as possible"
    "there was a period in my life when i was impudent and maximalist. not so long ago i discovered that saying beautiful, nice, gorgeous is also the expression of opinion"
    "im small soft and kind"
    "i want to dominate..in a passive way"
    "i prefer to be "taken" than to "take" when it comes to long term relationships"

add:
    Is interested in some crazy theories for example like Freuds 'unconscious mind' shit.
    Is not pushy at all.
    When he was with me he would try to satisfy all my 'wants' even not serious ones( for example in the middle of the day I just simply blurted something like "I wouldn't mind having some wine now" and he was like "then we should go and get it") until I felt seriously uncomfortable even tho I liked it. So I asked him why he is doing this... He replied "Well if somebody wants something I don't mind I do it. I am like this with all my friends."
    Said he likes giving pleasure to others maybe more than getting it.
    Said he doesn't know how to spend his money so he just saves them. Also he likes rare and crazy stuff so he ends up paying a lot for them.
    Said while interacting with somebody he often has thoughts that he might seem boring to that person.
    Said it's almost impossible to make him shout.
    Said he often has destructive thoughts inside.

Your opinions are highly appreciated
    Last edited by sarinana; 10-03-2009 at 06:11 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My first instinct was LII, for some reason.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think SLI, maybe EII.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not much to go on, but maybe EII or ESI?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I took both EII and ESI as possibility. Gave him to read ESI description. He said that's not like him at all.
    About EII I just thought only once cause his most favorite author is Dostoyevski who is EII... but EII programming bank systems? Seemed quite funny.

Also when he did a socion test there was a question if he was a materialist. so he stopped at this question for like 5 minutes then turned his head to me and said "how do I know! shouldn't the test results tell me this? ....well I am materialistic but I know many people that are more materialistic than I am....mhm I think I will need a lot of time so I can analyze this test" and quited it.

Also he use lots of Te(or maybe Ti?) when talking. For example I say something that totally doesn't make sense and he makes a system out of it so then it starts to make a sense... At least to me.

My last thought about him was ILI. But he is very different from how ILIs are described in descriptions.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband works in computer systems and has hired IEEs and an EII to work with him. And they are there, doing the work. Anyway, I know Delta NFs who work in computers. Tereg is good at computer systems and he's a Delta NF, right? I wouldn't rule it out for that reason.

Not sure about where you said he uses a lot of Te (or maybe Ti) when talking. Maybe give specifics. I mean, maybe he's using Fi. Who knows. Can you give any examples?

If he's using Te or Ti, maybe ILI or LII. But ethical people do actually think, so him being able to carry on a conversation and make sense of things doesn't mean he has to be strong in Te or Ti.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will add something more:
    Is interested in some crazy theories for example like Freuds 'unconscious mind' shit.
    Is not pushy at all.
    When he was with me he would try to satisfy all my 'wants' even not serious ones( for example in the middle of the day I just simply blurted something like "I wouldn't mind having some wine now" and he was like "then we should go and get it") until I felt seriously uncomfortable even tho I liked it. So I asked him why he is doing this... He replied "Well if somebody wants something I don't mind I do it. I am like this with all my friends."
    Said he likes giving pleasure to others maybe more than getting it.
    Said he doesn't know how to spend his money so he just saves them. Also he likes rare and crazy stuff so he ends up paying a lot for them.
    Said while interacting with somebody he often has thoughts that he might seem boring to that person.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII would be my guess, too

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I don't see Fi dominant at all, especially these parts

"i hate when people don't show any emotions and are too cold" even tho he is quite unemotional himself" - sounds Fe seeking and weak Fe

"i want to dominate..in a passive way" - Ti+Ne>Fi+Ne
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Likewise.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I concur, but I can see SEI too.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"i hate when people don't show any emotions and are too cold" even tho he is quite unemotional himself" - sounds Fe seeking and weak Fe

Interesting.

When I copied him this:
    :emotions and emotional expression, passion, mood, excitation, exuberance, romanticism, imitation, acting

: like/dislike, decency and niceness, morals, good/evil, etiquette, humanism, attraction/repulsion, sympathy, compassion
    and asked which one does he prefer he said Definately .

Also he told me like 10 times this month "I like your energy".

Could he be my conflictor?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have him take rick's test:

Mizami: Registreer jezelf nu!

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post
    Have him take rick's test:

Mizami: Registreer jezelf nu!
    I already tried this...well not exactly this one...But as I replied to somebody else "When he did a socion test there was a question if he was a materialist. so he stopped at this question for like 5 minutes then turned his head to me and said "how do I know! shouldn't the test results tell me this? ....well I am materialistic but I know many people that are more materialistic than I am....mhm I think I will need a lot of time so I can analyze this test" and quited it. " He isn't so into socionics yet so I think it will end up the same.

Also I am too lazy to wait like 2 hours until he would finally finish the test. I already seen how he analyzed every question he was asked!
    In real life he is like this too... analyzes everything and everyone...and rarely takes a real action.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see. I think he is probably a Si ego, but that's all I'm sure of. I was thinking SEI, but if he relates to Fi better, I guess not.

Here's another really simple one, but it's not bad(just in case): Socionics Test

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 questions?

mhm he got IEI. But I met too many IEIs to believe that he is just another one...

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    Interesting.

When I copied him this:
    :emotions and emotional expression, passion, mood, excitation, exuberance, romanticism, imitation, acting

: like/dislike, decency and niceness, morals, good/evil, etiquette, humanism, attraction/repulsion, sympathy, compassion
    and asked which one does he prefer he said Definately .

Also he told me like 10 times this month "I like your energy".
    I imagine most people would choose Fi over Fe based on the descriptions. A lot of people will probably only think of the exaggerated use of Fe, not the more tone-down aspects of it, like showing positive feelings, a sweet warm demeanor, etc

The quote of his, "i hate when people don't show any emotions and are too cold" is a preference for Fe, as Te types rarely show emotions and often convey a cold exterior
    From an Fi perspective, I don't link lack of exterior emotions with coldness, nor do I seek emotional displays in others

Could he be my conflictor?
    What type are you (or do you think you are) if I may ask?
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the first could simply mean he likes extraverts. It depends on what "acting cold" means to him. Most of the LIEs and LSEs I know have a lot of energy. If he means cold as Fe, then yes, but it isn't necessarily what he means. That's what WE all mean when we say "cold" but people who haven't read about Socionics wouldn't necessarily define it that way. Though I agree that Fe-seeking and weak Fe is a strong possible explanation for that quote.

And wanting to dominate in a passive way also depends on what he means by that. I know some very passive-aggressive EIIs.

He could be LII too. I'd say between EII and SEI, EII is more likely.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What type are you (or do you think you are) if I may ask?
    I am closest to a SEE.. And relationship I have with him is VERY COMFORTABLE for both of us. Actually for the first time I could be truly myself with anybody...
    After the first time we talked he said something "wow everything you said it was so new for me. i really liked how you understand world"

Also he said my impulsion shocked him but then added it may not be so bad after all.

More..he likes bragging about his work/study related achievements...for example how he was the smartest one in the university.

Mhm he dated this girl for 3 years, and he said about her "she wouldn't let me go anywhere without her" when I asked if this annoyed him he answered "a little then...but now I think I liked it"

I would like to believe he is ILI but there are some things that make me think he cannot be one...

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When I copied him this:
    - emotions and emotional expression, passion, mood, excitation, exuberance, romanticism, imitation, acting

- like/dislike, decency and niceness, morals, good/evil, etiquette, humanism, attraction/repulsion, sympathy, compassion
    and asked which one does he prefer he said Definately.
    You (unintentionally, of course) further confused the issue for him because that's not really what Fe and Fi is; those descriptions are shitty. Fi is emotions just as every bit as Fe is. Emotional wells and pools are in everything, including thoughts. Especially thoughts. Everything is emotional as far as humans are concerned, it's the world's most shitty descriptor. And furthermore it's innately contradictory. Romance is a lot to do with what you subjectively like, so how can Fi be 'like/dislike' and NOT also be romanticism? They are really describing the same thing when you use your brain and think about it.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When I was a noob to socionics, I thought I was Fi-valuing (Fi-ego in fact) as well, but then after looking at myself more accurately, and genuinely understanding the functions and what they truly mean (Instead of trying to warp them into something they were not because infjs sounded 'humanitarian' and it appealed to me), I eventually reached the conclusion of my accurate type, IEI. I'm not really happy with any of the descriptions of the functions thus far because they both really are describing the same thing, in different words, and they also contradict themselves and have all sorts of thinking errors.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    When I was a noob to socionics, I thought I was Fi-valuing (Fi-ego in fact) as well, but then after looking at myself more accurately, and genuinely understanding the functions and what they truly mean (Instead of trying to warp them into something they were not because infjs sounded 'humanitarian' and it appealed to me), I eventually reached the conclusion of my accurate type, IEI. I'm not really happy with any of the descriptions of the functions thus far because they both really are describing the same thing, in different words, and they also contradict themselves and have all sorts of thinking errors.
    Ok.. well I'm not so good at typing people. That's why I made this thread and want to hear opinions of others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a LII. I'm not sure why, have to think more on that.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also his best friend is 100% SLE. In my opinion he uses him a lot. He doesn't notice this tho.