Thread: help an ILE stop procrastinating

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default help an ILE stop procrastinating

I took this dumb course in real analysis and we had an assignment due this morning, only I started it a couple of hours before it was due and got 2/3 done before I had to hand it in. This is how I feel about that stupid assignment now.
    :hump::hump:

Even though we had a whole week to finish it. I just couldn't make myself start on it because I was too immersed in other, really stupid non-educational crap. What the hell can I do??? Please help.
    Last edited by xerx; 10-20-2009 at 07:27 AM.

Creepy-male

Get your nuts out of their vice.

That must be a really painful distraction.

-Si

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    Get your nuts out of their vice.

That must be a really painful distraction.

-Si
    Si is what got me in this mess in the first place. Maybe I should put my nuts in a vice for next assignment.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discipline? (I don't know the answer to this problem.) My IEE friend used to always develop relationships with his professors and that way he could write asking them for more time to complete something... I think his always had him doing as many interesting things as possible per unit of time and then he felt like he never had any time. So it wasn't that he was trying to "play the system" just that he wanted to do an excellent job and pursue a lot of interests at the same time, and was asking for help in the form of bending the rules (so to speak) so that time/schedules would change to match his interests... this worked because he had established raport with the professors in the first place.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    I took this dumb course in real analysis and we had an assignment due this morning, only I started it a couple of hours before it was due and got 2/3 done before I had to hand it in. This is how I feel about that stupid assignment now
    :hump:

Even though we had a whole week to finish it. I just couldn't make myself start on it because I was too immersed in other, really stupid non-educational crap. What the hell can I do??? Please help.
    what's done is done. you fucked up. take your shitty grade on the assignment and use it to motivate you to start earlier next time.

as a little help, thread stickied to keep the shame fresh

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually i don't know yet if i got a shitty grade. i might still have passed.

fyi, that class is only worth it for the hot teaching assistant.

Creepy-bg

actually i don't know yet if i got a shitty grade. i might still have passed.

fyi, that class is only worth it for the hot teaching assistant.
    tell her you left the other 1/3 of the assignment at home and she can come over to pick up tonight around 8:00

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    tell her you left the other 1/3 of the assignment at home and she can come over to pick up tonight around 8:00

Make sure to be dressed up like that.

Notice also how that panda is SLI.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I wonder why pandas have been having such a hard time reproducing in recent times?

Creepy-bg

one of the most common causes of death amung male galopagos tortoises is rolling off onto their backs while attempting to mount the females.
    Last edited by bg; 09-29-2009 at 11:23 PM.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    I wonder why pandas have been having such a hard time reproducing in recent times?
    Maybe because there's no such chainsaw model as "Psychologist"?

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by posting here im procrastinating.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took this dumb course in real analysis and we had an assignment due this morning, only I started it a couple of hours before it was due and got 2/3 done before I had to hand it in. This is how I feel about that stupid assignment now

It's sometimes sadly true that the academic world isn't as interesting as other intellectual realms. I seriously wish I could get my Ph.D. by reading books by Clifford Pickover and Michio Kaku...

Jason

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anal(hehe)ysis.. Here is some real analysis: the only way is to do it. Maybe you should try some imaginary analysis. I mean so you won't lag behind on your gaming skills.

actually I am also procrastinating right now, (got analysis and linear algebra(yay)) I've spent most of my time going to lectures and watching star trek voyager but I got a good feeling about the tests.
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I just couldn't make myself start on it because I was too immersed in other, really stupid non-educational crap. What the hell can I do??? Please help.
    Get off the 16types forum.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    actually I am also procrastinating right now, (got analysis and linear algebra(yay)) I've spent most of my time going to lectures and watching star trek voyager but I got a good feeling about the tests.
    haha I remember doing that at uni. I only semi procrastinate with stuff that's dead boring by interweaving eps of anime or sci-fi between milestones. It's true that the academic world can be uninteresting, but everyone has a different idea of interesting.*
    In the end, things will get done or partially done out of obligation (such as a deadline), however, you need some kind of motivation to get you started. I guarantee that if your assignment was something like, I don't know, sex, you'd be starting that assignment as soon as you got home (or in the class room if Your assignment involves your hot TA ). *
    LII kthnxbai!