Thread: IEI or ILI?

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face IEI or ILI?

I've always thought I was IEI, but after some thinking I might actually be an ILI but still not quite sure, any ideas? you can see my pic by clicking on my name, I greatly appreciate the help

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i cannot see your picture.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should be able to see it now. If you need info. let me know

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They will distrust and dislike bossy people, and will avoid people who will assign them routine work like chores. They will even avoid their friends and family when they expect that they will be assigned such work, and do not enjoy fulfilling daily chores. I can relate to this

If IEIs prefer, they can also generate and communicate their feelings of sadness and loss. They are adept at communicating depth of feeling. This sounds like me

An ILI may demonstrate perfectionistic tendencies most conspicuously in such situations where they can work out the details in their head or on paper. this sounds like me too

Sometimes ILIs perceive the real-world occurrences around them, such as the daily tedium of work or school, through the lens created to understand the information that they care about most, although they may choose not to share this perception with others. They often have little to contribute in many social situations, but when the topic of their interest comes around they may tend to be the center of attention, disseminating the information of their expertise. this is me in a nutshell

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ILIs I know are like repositories of information. They have all kinds of facts and figures memorized, and it's all useful, but not very interesting to me. Numbers and statistics kinda bore me. I knew one IEI who knew a lot, and it was all interesting, but not very useful.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so it basically comes down to if I'm full of useless info. or not? that's hilarious

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol it's just something I noticed, don't use it to determine your type
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well I'm just as lost as I ever was haha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you need to be focusing on, primarily, are two IM elements (functions) and how you relate to them. Extroverted Ethics, Fe, - vs. - Extroverted Logic, Te, .

In IEIs appears as their second function. This means it is something the IEI is relatively comfortable using as it is one of the IEI's two strongest functions. appears as their fourth. This is significant because the fourth function represents the PoLR (Place of Least Resistance), the weakest function. This means that it is an area of insecurity for the IEI.

For ILI, these two functions are in the exact opposite location relative to IEI. So is their second, strong function, and is their fourth, weak function. Wikisocion.org has a lot of material about both.
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can you give any examples of how these two functions would manifest themselves? As far as if they are your creative function or place of least resistance?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, how about we see some examples of this, huh.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are in between, just leave it at that.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do other people describe you...?

ever been told to be to businesslike?
    ever been told that you are like an encyclopedia?
    ever been told that you are a drama queen?

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply. I guess going by what you posted, I would be ILI. I think that growing up with my grandparents, they expected me to act like a girl: prim and proper, always happy and stuff like that. I think society can make you act like someone you are not.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hm, I just realized I don't know any female ILIs.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I knew one IEI who knew a lot, and it was all interesting, but not very useful.
    Sorry toots, but you alone do not get to determine what is "useful" and what is not, and also hello! Talk about general.

I love being on this forum for the sheer joy of correcting everybody's thinking errors.

The truth is, every piece of information is relevant because it is all connected with each other, any new piece of knowledge = information, anything has the potential to help (or harm) somebody out and be connected with something else. The reason why most criminals get away with their crimes is because they understand this all too well.

For example, have you ever had somebody say something to you that you shrugged off as 'useless' but then a unique circumstance popped up in real life, and then you found it to be useful? There is no such thing as 'useless' information. Of course ideally you would never think it's useful until you get into a situation where the information actually is useful. But that's the difference between thinking and living IMO. If it wasn't useful, it wouldn't exist, it would be sucked up in a negative black hole vortex like anything else that is a true anomaly.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you, a persons idea of useful information differs on just that. Someone might think your idea is useless for a number of reason. For example, if you throw something at a person who is sensory driven they might find that what you say is useless. My mom, a sensor, talks about different types of plants all the time. I have no use for her knowledge, but it is knowledge none the less.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fear of sleep View Post
    hm, I just realized I don't know any female ILIs.
    I don't know any IRL life either, but this girl has become my benchmark one (ILI-Ni)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hah. She's definitely Ni. She reminds me of my sister though in the judging aspect, more than me. She is an EIE, and for the video girl I'd lean towards Ni-IEI. I see more of an Ni/Fe/Ti focus, but her Ni lifestyle and focus is just like mine. The only major difference is I come out J in MBTI.

Just for perspective's sake, why do you think she's ILI?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Hah. She's definitely Ni. She reminds me of my sister though in the judging aspect, more than me. She is an EIE, and for the video girl I'd lean towards Ni-IEI. I see more of an Ni/Fe/Ti focus, but her Ni lifestyle and focus is just like mine.

Just for perspective's sake, why do you think she's ILI?
    I'll answer your question with another question; If you decided to type her as anything else other than ILI or IEI, which one would you type her as, out of these two options; LII or EII?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post
    I'll answer your question with another question; If you decided to type her as anything else other than ILI or IEI, which one would you type her as, out of these two options; LII or EII?
    LII. But these are really bad choices.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    LII. But these are really bad choices.
    Crap, you should have said EII :/

Perhaps you are right and she is IEI. What is your attitude towards her? Can you follow her train of thought easily (watch other videos if you need to)?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see a real value for Fi in her
    Could you expound a little?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Sorry toots, but you alone do not get to determine what is "useful" and what is not, and also hello! Talk about general.

I love being on this forum for the sheer joy of correcting everybody's thinking errors.

The truth is, every piece of information is relevant because it is all connected with each other, any new piece of knowledge = information, anything has the potential to help (or harm) somebody out and be connected with something else. The reason why most criminals get away with their crimes is because they understand this all too well.

For example, have you ever had somebody say something to you that you shrugged off as 'useless' but then a unique circumstance popped up in real life, and then you found it to be useful? There is no such thing as 'useless' information. Of course ideally you would never think it's useful until you get into a situation where the information actually is useful. But that's the difference between thinking and living IMO. If it wasn't useful, it wouldn't exist, it would be sucked up in a negative black hole vortex like anything else that is a true anomaly.
    Duuuuude I'm an LII--I live to eliminate superfluous knowledge. That said, I differentiate between useful knowledge, interesting knowledge, and excess/useless knowledge. If it's useful, that means you can use it to accomplish something, like when you learned to write or type. If it's interesting, but not useful, that doesn't mean it's useless, that just means you don't know what to do with it--yet, like if someone told you the altitude at which a nuclear bomb detonation produces the greatest EMP (10,000 feet). If it's interesting, that means it can provide interest, but that alone doesn't make it useful. Useless/excess knowledge is just more information than you need to understand something, like saying 2 + (2 - 2) = 2 you don't need the (2 - 2) in there because it doesn't contribute anything.

So yes, I reject your useful/useless dichotomy and jam a 3rd category in there: interesting, but not very useful.
    Last edited by electric sheep; 09-26-2009 at 12:29 AM.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morcheeba.. what part of the IP temperament do you resonate with?
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well now I'm really confused because I have another thread going and someone says that I may be so who the hell knows
    As for my innermost emotions, I don't feel very connected to them, like I'm almost indifferent to most things, very aloof.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    As for my innermost emotions, I don't feel very connected to them, like I'm almost indifferent to most things, very aloof.
    If IEIs prefer, they can also generate and communicate their feelings of sadness and loss. They are adept at communicating depth of feeling. This sounds like me
    ?

This is a key difference between Beta NFs and Gamma NTs.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i guess what we can determine is i am typeless

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well.. try telling us something about yourself.. answer the questions in this thread.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, too be honest I am quite shallow with the expressions of my emotions. For instance, I will get upset and angry if something doesn't go my way. But when it comes to deeper emotional stuff that really gets to my core, I have difficulty expressing that because I feel like perhaps others won't understand and therefore shrug off something that is very meaningful to me. I don't have strong likes/dislikes, I'm not the type of person that sees things in only black and white. I can be for abortion or against it depending on circumstances for example.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one thing that tells me my logic is weak though was when I recently started working in an insurance co. we had a lot of info. thrown at us at once and I felt like I was choking on it. My memory wasn't as quick as the other people in my class and their were just certain things I couldn't grasp so I ended up leaving.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-[B] Can you pick up subtle nuances in a conversation? eg. if you're listening to two people talk, can you tell if they secretly hate each other? Can you feel that horrible moment when someone says the wrong thing? Or do you tend to be oblivious to that?
    I do this all the time, very good at it actually.
    The other part of her question in regards to if I can make people feel sorry for me if something is going wrong in my life; I would say no, I'm not good at receiving pity from others.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm usually energized in the morning, but as far as energy throughout the day it is hard for me to answer that question because I have depression so that obviously gets in the way of many things. When I'm not depressed I talk easily with anyone, but since I am depressed most of the time this inhibits my abilities to do much of anything.

TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post
    I don't know any IRL life either, but this girl has become my benchmark one (ILI-Ni)

YouTube - INTP
    ooh my god she reminds me so much of niff.

oh wait... imagining the sea?... hm... i spoke too fast.

but mostly yes-- niff.
    "If you can find out little melodies for yourself on the piano it is all very well. But if they come of themselves when you are not at the piano, then you have still greater reason to rejoice; for then the inner sense of music is astir in you. The fingers must make what the head wills, not vice versa."- Robert Schumann

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is done, I am ,case closed.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

i think she's isfp or esfj

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stop being weird Mercutio or my dog will attack you! haha
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    stop being weird Mercutio or my dog will attack you! haha
    bring it on

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    How do other people describe you...?
    ever been told that you are a drama queen?
    this is funny....you're revealing your values jarno. Fe=drama queen? IEI doesn't come across like a drama queen...they like to lift people up and give them hope, calm them down.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

beta NFs in general are more dramatic than most types. If there was a drama queen of the socion it would be ENFj followed by INFp imo. INFp's vary from drama queens to calming introverts.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast