Hybrid View

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation 9

Has anyone noticed that the new Tim Burton film 9 that came out 09/09/09 has 9 main characters that embody the 9 nine enneagram types?

I tried typing them socionically with some success:

1 EII
    2 alpha NT (ILE?)
    3/4 dual pair, democratic perceivers (alpha?)
    5 Ne-base (IEE?)
    6 IEI
    7 SLE
    8 EIE
    9 ILI

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2, 7, 5, and 9 were awesome, in that order. Not positive on the typings you've got there or if the enneagram stuff is supposed to be a number to number direct correlation or whatever.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    2, 7, 5, and 9 were awesome, in that order. Not positive on the typings you've got there or if the enneagram stuff is supposed to be a number to number direct correlation or whatever.
    it was -

1 - 1w9
    2 - 2w1
    3 - ?
    4 - ?
    5 - 5w4
    6 - 6w7
    7 - 7w6
    8 - 8w9
    9 - 9w1

I am not sure so much about 3 and 4 because they were somewhat auxiliary characters, but I believe the ILE was 3 and SEI was 4, not sure about wings

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh wow I didn't know about this movie. Gotta watch it.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    Has anyone noticed that the new Tim Burton film 9 that came out 09/09/09 has 9 main characters that embody the 9 nine enneagram types?

1 EII
    2 alpha NT (ILE?)
    5 Ne-base (IEE?)
    6 IEI
    7 SLE
    8 EIE
    9 ILI
    Wait did burton intentionally make the character the 9 enneagram types..... or is this just your observation about the characters?

Because if it was intentional, I am seeing it without second thought.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I've seen from the brief descriptions of the characters it does seem intentional.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by from Wikipedia
    * 1, the oldest of the stitchpunks and their self-proclaimed leader of the tribe. He is clever and sly, but also domineering, irritable, quick-tempered and slow, if not unwilling, to trust 9. The Scientist described 1 as struggling out of his hands after his creation, and being stubborn and defiant. 1's skin is fastened by many metal snaps. He wears a tall hat and holds a peculiar staff with a small bell on it. Voiced by Christopher Plummer.

* 2, a kind, delicate old inventor. He is fascinated by junk, and he loves to explore the wastelands and look for parts for his inventions. His health is fading, is always walking with a cane, and can only see with a lorgnette. The Scientist wrote that after 2's creation, 2 began tinkering with the loose parts of the Scientist's workshop. 2's skin is fastened with many knotted strings. He wears a helmet that he built himself. Voiced by Martin Landau.

* 3 and 4, curious but shy twin stitchpunks. They are unable to speak, using flickering lights to communicate with each other, but when they need to explain things to someone else, their eyes turn into film projectors. They instinctively run and hide at the sight of danger. Both wear hoods. After the Scientist created them, they playfully romped around his workshop and read all of his books. It is possible that they are made from gardening gloves.

* 5, a healer, tutor, and skilled mechanic/engineer. He is the journeyman of 2, the great engineer and inventor. He is a diligent worker, a meek spirit, and a devoted friend. He is missing his left eye (lost years earlier in a Walker attack), instead wearing a metal plate. The Scientist remarked that 5 was the first of his creations not to run off or explore the workshop; instead, 5 was very trusting of the Scientist. He has buttons on his front to fasten his skin. Voiced by John C. Reilly.

* 6, an artistic, wild and impulsive stitchpunk. 6's fingers are made of ink pen nibs, which he uses to draw. He has prophetic visions of the past and future, channeling his visions through drawings to interpret them, which are accurate in predicting events and help solve mysteries that puzzle 9. The Scientist described him as being peculiar and unable to naturally fit in to his surroundings, judging from his expressive artwork that he sees the world differently from the other creations. One of his eyes is slightly larger than the other, and paintbrush bristles sprout from his head. Voiced by Crispin Glover.

* 7, a warrior. A rebel and a loner, she is willing to take many risks for the good of the stitchpunks. She is impatient and can be reckless and stubborn, but makes up for it with mobility and grace, caution of her surroundings, and calmness in dangerous situations. Her color has been bleached away by the sun. She uses a blade mounted on a long staff for fighting, and wears a helmet made from a bird's skull. The Scientist described her as being fiercely independent and created her to be a mediator that could manage the stitchpunks with ferocity and keenness. Voiced by Jennifer Connelly.

* 8, a giant, mean brute. He is 1's personal bodyguard and would die for him, though he is crude and mocking towards everybody else. He is strong and fierce, wielding two masterful weapons, half a pair of scissors and a kitchen knife used as a sword. The Scientist deemed him to be all muscle and intimidating, though none too bright. He uses a magnet to entertain himself. Voiced by Fred Tatasciore.

* 9, the protagonist. Good-hearted, thoughtful and sincere, he is always willing to risk his life to save others. Despite being a newcomer to the group, he displays leadership qualities that can help the others survive. He seeks truth in the history of the world and the stitchpunks, and wishes to know the meaning of life. 9 has a zipper on his body to fasten his skin. Voiced by Elijah Wood.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whoa, that is awesome! and I love Tim Burton!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-bg

I noticed it... but the movie was still weak for me

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post

1 EII
    2 alpha NT (ILE?)
    5 Ne-base (IEE?)
    6 IEI
    7 SLE
    8 EIE
    9 ILI
    Given the character descriptions from WP/# and the E types the characters are supposed to be, these sociotypes don't make a lot of sense. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm a bit skeptical.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fear of sleep View Post
    Given the character descriptions from WP/# and the E types the characters are supposed to be, these sociotypes don't make a lot of sense. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm a bit skeptical.
    What's more interesting is that at the end the scientist that created them says that each one held a different piece of his personality...the last transfer (9) killed him.