TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Smiling and T/F

Logicals smile with their mouth closed. Ethicals show their teeth

Is this just bullshit/a coincidence or it works?
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh, I never smile with my teeth unless I'm laughing, I think it looks obnoxious
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Creepy-bg

I never show my teeth.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Half the time when I think I'm smiling, or at least looking vaguely happy, people ask me why I'm frowning or why I look so serious. It's annoying.

I do sometimes show teeth when I smile, but only when it's a genuine, unconscious grin caused by something funny or awesome happening, not a deliberate "smile for the camera" smile.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see we are like-minded
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm the queen of big cheesy grins, smirks and half-smiles. I'm generally a happy person, and it shows. Shows when I'm angry too. In my observations, it's often the introverted ethicals that show the least exuberance in their smiles, obviously with exceptions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Logicals smile with their mouth closed. Ethicals show their teeth
    I don't think it's necessarily true, although ethical types are probably more aware of being happy or sad, so they might show it more. Avoiding a full smile may occur because one really isn't that happy overall, or because one's too worried about showing wrinkles. (Some people think they look better when they don't smile, which often is at odds with what people around them think.)

Curiously, in the Filatova pictures, all the extraverts smile, and all the introverts frown, except for the SEIs who sort of smirk.

I do think smiling vs. not smiling may cause people to mistype a person. This is also similar to other superficial traits; for example, if someone has long, soft hair and is smiling, people are more likely to think that person's an ethical type, whereas if the person has short, angular hair and wears glasses and doesn't smile, people will more likely think the person is a logical type.

A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My smiles are always: =D

I don't know myself what I look like when I smile, I don't pay any attention to it.

There was a thread about this earlier, and I was told it's mostly lips closed.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I almost always have my lips closed when smiling unless I'm SUPER happy for some reason. My SEI dad also smiles with his mouth shut and so does my IEI brother.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I smile with my teeth, but I used to have a discoloration on one tooth, and until that was fixed I smiled with my mouth closed.

My husband doesn't smile much, but he generally would keep his mouth closed I think. Unless he was being obnoxious or something and then he'd make a fake cheesy grin.

My daughter shows her very widely spaced buck teeth, and every time I find myself wondering how much braces cost these days.

Oh yeah, and my other daughter doesn't have teeth yet, and doesn't smile much. No data available.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.