Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default They should assign instructors by quadra

My microeconomics professor is ILE and my English professor is IEE.

He posted a topic on the class's online discussion board that says "Do Not Think Of An Elephant!", which is the name of a liberal book about how to debate conservatives. The topic contains nothing and you can't post in it. I have no idea why he put it there, or if he even knows that he's a teacher.

Luckily, he hardly makes us do any work besides read the textbook and take tests. He makes us keep a journal though.

My English teacher is scary as shit and the instructions she gives don't make sense. She wanted us to write her an intro essay, but she specified four paragraphs (instead of the typical five for a short paper) and in the first paragraph she wanted a listing thesis that previews the three main points of the essay. How am I supposed to preview three points if I am only given two paragraphs to write before having to write the summary? She also wanted specific questions to be answered in each paragraph. Then she said it wasn't graded. Then she said you will only get credit for it if you followed the instructions. Wtf. It would suck to have her as my calculus instructor.

Plus she brags about going to Penn and reading the NYT.
    Last edited by discojoe; 09-04-2009 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Removed pictures because SoapOfSapphire said it was wrong to post them.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have sexual fantasies involving them, don't you?
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    You have sexual fantasies involving them, don't you?
    Depends on what you mean by "sexual" and "involving".

Creepy-

I think it's hilarious and a little distressing that you actually posted their pictures. I would be horrified if my students did that lol... and also I hope they don't think I'm scary and confusing....

I'm wondering what you mean when you say your IEE English teacher is scary... do you mean bc she's so confusing/unclear, or something else?

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Sexual = sexual

Involving = you and them naked and barking
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's hilarious and a little distressing that you actually posted their pictures. I would be horrified if my students did that lol... and also I hope they don't think I'm scary and confusing....
    Eh, it didn't even occur to me that it would be inappropriate to post their pictures. It's not like you can actually identify them or find out who they are. I don't know... I wouldn't care if my students posted my picture on the Internet.

I'm wondering what you mean when you say your IEE English teacher is scary... do you mean bc she's so confusing/unclear, or something else?
    Well, ENFps often seem unpredictable to me. The ones I've had problems with tend to shift between being thoughtful and understanding one moment, to giving off strong vibes of condescension the next. It's mixed signals that make me perpetually unsure of what exactly they want or expect. They never seem to do things that I would strongly object to, but they just sort of set me on edge and cause me to feel self-conscious about everything I say and do.

It's like they want everyone to be relaxed, yet focused; friendly, yet formal; laid back, yet punctual. They seem to encourage self-expression, yet be openly annoyed and belittling when you say something they don't approve of. Sorry, but if you want people to express themselves, you have to learn to respond thoughtfully, even if it's your supervisee.

I deliberately learned to just "let it go" when my childhood SLE friend would unthinkingly cross the line with physical roughhousing (e.g., arm punching when you made fun of him, or shoving you when said something he thought was dumb) because I knew that he was a nice person whose friendship I valued, and that he didn't really mean anything by jostling us; it was just his SLE way of trying to sustain a fun Fe atmosphere.

Shrug. I guess I just wish that I'd get that kind of treatment from IEEs.
    Last edited by discojoe; 09-04-2009 at 09:44 PM. Reason: typo

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Eh, it didn't even occur to me that it would be inappropriate to post their pictures. It's not like you can actually identify them or find out who they are. I don't know... I wouldn't care if my students posted my picture on the Internet.
    Oh I wasn't criticizing you, or at least that's not what I intended. Sorry if that's how it came across.

EDIT: I just saw your edit, lol. I really didn't intend it that way.

Well, ENFps often seem unpredictable to me. The ones I've had problems with tend to shift between being thoughtful and understanding one moment, to giving off strong vibes of condescension the next. It's mixed signals that make perpetually unsure of what exactly they want or expect. They never seem to do things that I would strongly object to, but they just sort of set me on edge and cause me to feel self-conscious about everything I say and do.

It's like they want everyone to be relaxed, yet focused; friendly, yet formal; laid back, yet punctual. They seem to encourage self-expression, yet be openly annoyed and belittling when you say something they don't approve of. Sorry, but if you want someone to express themselves, you have to learn to respond thoughtfully, even if it's your supervisee.

I deliberately learned to just "let it go" when my childhood SLE friend would unthinkingly cross the line with physical roughhousing (e.g., arm punching when you made fun of him, or shoving you when said something he thought was dumb) because I knew that he was a nice person whose friendship I valued, and that he didn't really mean anything by jostling us; it was just his SLE way of trying to sustain a fun Fe atmosphere.

Shrug. I guess I just wish that I'd get that kind of treatment from IEEs.
    Hmm, I hate to admit that I see myself doing some of that. I'm glad you posted this - it's an interesting perspective. I probably do drive my XSI students crazy w the way I teach... I was just thinking about this the other day, actually. Unfortunately I don't have anything helpful to add atm. If I think of something I'll let you know. And good luck!

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I wasn't criticizing you, or at least that's not what I intended. Sorry if that's how it came across.
    I didn't think you were criticizing me. I just didn't consider that it would be bad to post the pictures. Ne PoLR, lol.

EDIT: I just saw your edit, lol. I really didn't intend it that way.
    Well, I mainly wanted to post the pictures for VI purposes, but I don't really think VI has much to do with what I was saying, so it doesn't matter.

Hmm, I hate to admit that I see myself doing some of that. I'm glad you posted this - it's an interesting perspective. I probably do drive my XSI students crazy w the way I teach... I was just thinking about this the other day, actually. Unfortunately I don't have anything helpful to add atm. If I think of something I'll let you know. And good luck!
    It's probably more of a supervision thing than a conflict thing. I tend to get on well enough with ILEs as long as they aren't pestering me to go along with some scheme (like trading in my cherished game collection so that they can get some boring submarine sim that they'll bore of after a week). LSIs probably aren't prone to worrying about "what to do" around someone, so they'd probably find you interesting but simply resolve one way or another how to act without much concern for having good relations.

I think you need to find some common ground on the supervisee's base function for supervision to be anywhere near comfortable, and this teacher seems pretty liberal (and I'm libertarian conservative) so it might be impossible unless I put on an act.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And what if your teacher was a conservative ILE who fantasized about sucking Thomas Sowell's cock as much as you do had done the same thing?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    And what if your teacher was a conservative ILE who fantasized about sucking Thomas Sowell's cock as much as you do had done the same thing?
    rofl

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

business majors. ha. btw; i'll help u with your calc hw. is it calc I?
    asd

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    business majors. ha. btw; i'll help u with your calc hw. is it calc I?
    Oh, no. I didn't mean to give the wrong impression. I'll be taking calculus either next semester or in the summer, but I am not actually taking it at the moment. I just meant that it would suck to have her teaching me calculus. I wonder how often IEEs teach math?

Lol, when I decided to go back to school I knew that I would have to improve my math, so I bought a few Schaum's Outlines math books and a graphing calculator and studied math for 2-3 hours a day for 7 months. I went from barely remembering how to do long division to getting the highest score (100%) on the algebra portion of the placement test that my counselor had ever seen.

/brag

/flex creative Se
    Last edited by discojoe; 09-06-2009 at 12:38 AM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, no. I didn't mean to give the wrong impression. I'll be taking calculus either next semester or in the summer, but I am not actually taking it at the moment. I just meant that it would suck to have her teaching me algebra. I wonder how often IEEs teach math?

Lol, when I decided to go back to school I knew that I would have to improve my math, so I bought a few Schaum's Outlines math books and a graphing calculator and studied math for 2-3 hours a day for 7 months. I went from barely remembering how to do long division to getting the highest score (100%) on the algebra portion of the placement test that my counselor had ever seen.

/brag

/flex creative Se
    funny you should mention IEE math professors. i have one now(he may be ILE) and he is very lively and an okay teacher. he likes talking and joking with the classroom, telling stories about his homeland, brazil, and talking about the beauty of math/calculus etc etc. as far as his instructing--IT'S OKAY. he teaches a lot of the basic formulations and how to derive specific formulas, but he has yet to have us work an example in class and check our knowledge(which is absolutely crucial, in my opinion. a good math teacher actually should present material briefly theoretically, and give many examples because the theory in most math is minimal, and the applications vast, giving rise to many types of problems where many examples would help). he also doesn't believe much in homework, but i think the university math department policy requires the use of this online homework application called 'webworks'(which is fucking lame because it doesn't emphasize basic concepts as much as it is all the 'trick' questions from the book). graphing calculators are the shit, my ti-89 is brilliant, but in calculators, everything is peanuts compared to the math computer program maple(i do my physics homework on it!).

also, congrats on the math comeback. funny how you forget all that stuff and it's not really much like riding a bike.

if your majoring in business/economics at my university, you only have to take a business calc class which is much more specific and less conceptual, but it may be different for economics majors.
    asd

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on what you mean by "sexual" and "involving".
    lmfao
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying