Thread: How do I develop and demonstrate Ni?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do I develop and demonstrate Ni?

Hi guys, I've been reading over a lot of the socionics info on different sites, and I'm somewhat confused on how to develop Ni and how to demonstrate Ni to others.

I read about the importance of developing your main function, but I'm at a loss on going about developing Ni.

And in the same vein, how do I go about demonstrating Ni to others?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Breathe
    ILI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, how does one display Ni to the world? What are some examples?
    Breathe
    ILI

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Ni as a leading typically manifests itself as an outlook on life as though it doesn't really matter because there is nothing in the end,or typically viewing actions as meaningless unless somehow leading toward your HA.

Expressing Ni imo is the most non-verbal. Because it is internal, introverted, and irrational, it isn't exactly readily verbalized. Although there is this: Vocabulary - Wikisocion

Ni especially for Gamma NTs is expressed as everything being meaningless, maybe even as anti-action for Ni leading, especially since they aren't good at seeing something worth doing(Se DS).

Ni base are inclined to see no reason for doing anything, and Ni creative are inclined to do everything for a reason. Ni isn't really expressed in the way I think you want explained.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Ni is bet illustrated in supervising xSE and dualization of SxE.

IxIs supervise xSEs by telling them that all the work they are doing is unnecessary. xSE purposefully take every step in order to reach their goals, they feel inadequate when everything they planned turned out to be useless. SxE is constantly chasing after their goals without any clear cut plan or system of doing things. They happily accept any criticism that allows them to save time and energy that would have otherwise been wasted.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the responses guys. But it's not really getting to what I'm looking for. I guess my real question would be: How would one display Ni to a SEE in order to show worth in the beginning/meeting stages of a relationship/friendship?

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    SxE is constantly chasing after their goals without any clear cut plan or system of doing things. They happily accept any criticism that allows them to save time and energy that would have otherwise been wasted.
    This seems like more of something that would take place after a relationship has already been established, but defintely interesting.

And then, am I actually an ILI? I feel like I'm second guessing my type a lot. What's the best way to determine my type from an expert?
    Breathe
    ILI

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The page Breathe linked to is about developing the habit of helping other people with problems that your base function is suitable for solving. It is only possible to consciously develop this habit if you understand what sort of problems your base function cans solve (the best way to unconsciously develop it is to spend time with your dual - but even this can be helped by conscious focus).

is related to the flow of time, that is, the unfolding of events - so assistance with is related to foreseeing how things are likely to unfold, and perhaps explaining how to see how specific things are unfolding.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by breathe View Post
    This seems like more of something that would take place after a relationship has already been established, but definitely interesting.
    You can't help a person arbitrarily, unfortunately - you have to find out about a problem they have first. This can be difficult without a relationship, though it's easier with Xe functions.

I'd suggest talking about some government problem or such and how it could be solved - this will show the SEE what sorts of problems you're able (and willing) to help with, in case he/she might happen to have a problem of that sort. Yes, that sounds good - find a problem in real life, that you can't be criticized for bringing up, and solve it in front of the SEE (explain what the people with the problem should do). That will show value, even though it won't cause the SEE to be grateful or any such thing.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just start by asking what the SEE wants to achieve and then theoretically it should turn into a trade off of Ni/Se.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are dominant Ni you aren't looking to make Ni stronger. You are looking to come to terms with the other functions, perhaps from the perspective of Ni. So.. uh, make conscious effort to understand things. That's as far as I can take this idea of 'developing Ni' ..

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    If you are dominant Ni you aren't looking to make Ni stronger. You are looking to come to terms with the other functions, perhaps from the perspective of Ni. So.. uh, make conscious effort to understand things. That's as far as I can take this idea of 'developing Ni' ..
    Read the rest of what he said... he doesn't mean "developing" as we usually use it around here, that is, making our ability to think that way stronger. He wants to express it better.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so develop the other functions to help facilitate that expression.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    Okay, so develop the other functions to help facilitate that expression.
    Basically.

Just get to a point in which it is easier for you to just be you. It all comes down to self-development.

But if this is just another boring theory question, then there are a lot of threads to look at to get opinions of Se and Ni, like this recent one http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...s-exactly.html But yeah, this one is aimed more towards Ni opinions of Se, not the other way around. Keep looking!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by breathe View Post
    Hi guys, I've been reading over a lot of the socionics info on different sites, and I'm somewhat confused on how to develop Ni and how to demonstrate Ni to others.

I read about the importance of developing your main function, but I'm at a loss on going about developing Ni.

And in the same vein, how do I go about demonstrating Ni to others?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    instead of criticizing LSEs, do their bidding. That will help develop your Ni.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way I've starting developing my Ni is to read obituaries and cover the cause of death while I stare into their eyes for a few minutes. I guess really close sometimes!
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can ask ESE how to develop and demonstrate Ni
    I'm SEE. 2w3.