Thread: Which IM element(s) do you see in this song?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which IM element(s) do you see in this song?

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He sings about mundane and common place conversations, his vision of romance seems to consist of a homely quiet life.

So, Ne/Si, I guess.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leckysupport View Post
    He sings about mundane and common place conversations, his vision of romance seems to consist of a homely quiet life.
    What about all the "what ifs" and how things could have been/could be? ?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    What about all the "what ifs" and how things could have been/could be? ?
    I'm not sure about that, maybe.

On one hand it does sound like something Slackermom might say, and on the other hand I remember hitta having a thread title "What if Niffweed was less dogmatic" (or some similar title). Personally it doesn't sound like the train of thought I would usually have, it comes across to me as if he isn't facing up to reality. Although perhaps if I was in a romantic gushy mood, something like that might come out.

Basically, idk.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leckysupport View Post
    I'm not sure about that, maybe.

On one hand it does sound like something Slackermom might say, and on the other hand I remember hitta having a thread title "What if Niffweed was less dogmatic" (or some similar title).
    Yeah. I was curious whether people would perceive that as more of an Ni or Ne (+ Fi) type of thing.

Personally it doesn't sound like the train of thought I would usually have, it comes across to me as if he isn't facing up to reality. Although perhaps if I was in a romantic gushy mood, something like that might come out.
    That's interesting. And what was your type, SLI? I do relate to the way he expresses his sorrow, but I don't think it happens very often to me either. I do tend to get into wishful-thinking mode quite occasionally though.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    That's interesting. And what was your type, SLI? I do relate to the way he expresses his sorrow, but I don't think it happens very often to me either. I do tend to get into wishful-thinking mode quite occasionally though.
    I self-type as a LSE.

Idk, when I do get into romantic moods I do tend throw all reason out the window and do things such as agree with my partner uncritically and uncharacteristically have whimsical lovey-dovey thoughts to the point of just insane.

But I guess its a hormone and weak ethics thing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it shows + , in that order. The theme of the song is of course about a relationship that could have been.

The reason I say that it is more than is that most of the song is about his own feelings about how things went, how the relationship went, his guesses at her own feelings, and the general sense I get that he sees the relationship as a mix of emotions, both good and bad, that need to be faced head-on and worked through. This is all mixed together with the sense that the relationship could have been and all the ways it could have been, if only, according to him, they would face their feelings for each other as they really are (creative ). Also, this line:

"How can you be sure that things are better, if you can't be sure in your heart?"

I think clinches it. It shows how much confidence he has in speaking for her, and that he wants her to realize, how he imagines, her own true feelings for him. I'd attribute that to very strong .
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone View Post
    I think it shows + , in that order. The theme of the song is of course about a relationship that could have been.

The reason I say that it is more than is that most of the song is about his own feelings about how things went, how the relationship went, his guesses at her own feelings, and the general sense I get that he sees the relationship as a mix of emotions, both good and bad, that need to be faced head-on and worked through. This is all mixed together with the sense that the relationship could have been and all the ways it could have been, if only, according to him, they would face their feelings for each other as they really are (creative ). Also, this line:

"How can you be sure that things are better, if you can't be sure in your heart?"

I think clinches it. It shows how much confidence he has in speaking for her, and that he wants her to realize, how he imagines, her own true feelings for him. I'd attribute that to very strong .
    I think you're right. The repetitive use of "What if" and "That could be" possibilities used in the song reeks of
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired