Thread: Delta STs: Long-Term Planning

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Delta STs: Long-Term Planning

How are you with long-term planning?

By long-term planning, I mean setting a goal that might not come to fruition for many months or even years, and then step-by-step working towards that by accomplishing all the little goals that come before. For example, if the goal is to become a european history professor, then the steps to do that would be determined and set down, starting at whatever point you are now.
    EII
    4w5, sp/sx

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It never comes out the way I wanted/thought it would be, so I avoid doing it. And I avoid setting goals that require too much focused attention & effort over a long period of time.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
    How are you with long-term planning?

By long-term planning, I mean setting a goal that might not come to fruition for many months or even years, and then step-by-step working towards that by accomplishing all the little goals that come before. For example, if the goal is to become a european history professor, then the steps to do that would be determined and set down, starting at whatever point you are now.
    I save for retirement and pay the mortage, but I have little use for a calendar. I just don't think very far ahead. Luckily I have a wife who does all that stuff for me, but I'm amazed at how friends seem much more aware of future events. I'm still learning the holidays!
    Last edited by Cyrano; 08-25-2009 at 12:58 AM.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.