Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor Swift

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I keep coming to this thread in an attempt to understand why she is popular. I do not recall one of her songs. If I heard one it never sounded good enough to make any of my playlists. I have no desire to listen to one even while perusing this thread. She is so generic to me that she just disappears into sea of pop stars I will never listen to on purpose. I just see nothing unique, compelling or mysterious about her.

I ran across this article, on thought catalog, that kind of explains my lack of interest in Taylor Swift.

Taylor Swift Week, an informal celebration of the release of her new album, is almost over. Thank God. Before we continue, let me state clearly and for the record that I do not hate Taylor. I also don’t like Taylor. Taylor Swift exists in a squishy pocket of the universe occupied by other curiosities that baffle my pop culture palate — Harry Potter, Justin Timberlake, Bollywood movies, The Big Bang Theory, and all foods containing bananas just don’t make sense to me.

I don’t begrudge anyone their right to enjoy any of those things. I just can’t find a way to explain to myself the reasoning behind what makes someone obsessively affectionate toward Taylor Swift.

Based on her carefully crafted public persona, she seems to be kind, generous, emotionally present, and oddly humble for someone who has a very obvious genetic leg up on 99 percent of the rest of the world. I can see that being appealing. Who doesn’t want their pop icons to embrace transparency and social graces?

Not every famous person can be as unapproachable and eccentric as Lady Gaga. Maintaining a hyper-sexual cartoon character like Nicki Minaj is probably exhausting. I have a hard time pretending I’m paying attention when my mom calls.

That still doesn’t explain why rational people become irrational when Taylor Swift is mentioned. I don’t just mean those who love her. I’m also referring to the mania that accompanies any negative think piece about her work or her dating life. It certainly doesn’t stem from her music, which is well-produced and catchy, often with confessional, on-the-nose lyrics designed to appeal to as many people as possible.

There is literally nothing offensive about what she does. She doesn’t push the envelope of good taste like Miley Cyrus. She doesn’t make critics question her sanity like Britney Spears. She’s not brash or outwardly confident the way Beyonce is. Maybe that generic quality is exactly what makes other people love her (and hate her.) To me, it just makes me shrug.

I’m hard to please in a very noticeable way. It takes quite a lot of effort for me to get attached to anything, be it a movie, a TV show, or a pop star. I think the last time I truly got excited about something was the release of Blade Runner on Blu Ray. What does that say about me? What does that say about my potential Taylor Swift fandom? Is 1989 going to be the record that finally gets me on the Swiftie bandwagon? No, it’s not.

If I’m going to be passionate about something, it has to be difficult. That’s not to say that I only consume things that aren’t popular or make people mad, but that is to say that I appreciate art that gets messy. There’s nothing messy about “Welcome to New York.” It’s a good pop song performed well. There’s a lot of money riding on it. Corporate sponsors have to be satisfied. Tour dates have to be sold out. A Taylor Swift album has to be huge. These mainstream pop stars are like real-life Avengers, and Taylor Swift is like Hawkeye — just kind of around, no superpowers, no fancy costume. She’s just someone who does one thing very well, and that is be charming and seemingly real. And make no mistake, Taylor Swift is so charming. She’s the kind of person you want to hug for no apparent reason. I’m baffled by her appeal, but I also recognize that some success is just a mystery of human chemistry. Her last album, Red, speaks to listeners in a profound way, even if her sentiments are borderline generic.

I can admire the perfect, polished nuggets of mainstream brilliance for what they are: superior product. No matter how much you relate to Taylor Swift, she is still an object to be marketed to you in the same way as Robert Downey Jr., Old Spice, and The Beatles. She’s an avatar for every person who feels most at home living simply, loving someone, and being willing to exist honestly. There is nothing wrong or dangerous about that. I guess I just don’t see the need to have that avatar anymore.

Perhaps the next Taylor Swift album cycle will make more sense to me. Maybe as she grows as a human being and an artist, she’ll discover attributes I’ll find more exciting and I won’t think of her as though I’m some alien visitor trying to make sense of Earth culture. Or maybe she’ll make a rap album and totally freak me out. No matter what, I’ll be paying attention, even if I can’t figure out why.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    She's obviously a 4w3. Her entire motive is to "express herself" and transform all of her experiences, especially the negative ones into an artform.

She's trying to find herself by expressing herself. That's a 4. Also she's concerned with authenticity.
    Hahahahahhahaah fuck no you have to be literally retarded to think she's a 4
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    ESE's 3's (and 2w3's) are often slutty drama queens who party hard. Don't know since when these things are limited to Se valuers. Things one reads on this forum...
    Absolutely, and Swift is the definition of ESE 3w2 drama whore

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Aylen Cough... because she's not human. Her image is pushed onto her and everything is scripted...
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I keep coming to this thread in an attempt to understand why she is popular. I do not recall one of her songs. If I heard one it never sounded good enough to make any of my playlists. I have no desire to listen to one even while perusing this thread. She is so generic to me that she just disappears into sea of pop stars I will never listen to on purpose. I just see nothing unique, compelling or mysterious about her.
    Well to be honest, I don't really know why she's popular either. I wish that she was more talented or more genuinely nice-seeming. She's probably an so-first, which might be why she doesn't appeal to you. I kind of relate to her in some ways. Also I know some female IEIs that are a lot like her... and they're really, really cool. Usually a lot cooler and nicer than Taylor Swift. But they probably seem more like an EII or SEE at first, so they might get mistyped, but on a closer inspection it's obvious that they're IEIs.

Based on her carefully crafted public persona, she seems to be kind, generous, emotionally present, and oddly humble for someone who has a very obvious genetic leg up on 99 percent of the rest of the world. I can see that being appealing. Who doesn’t want their pop icons to embrace transparency and social graces?
    See well I don't really get this thing about her persona being "carefully crafted" or whatever. I don't really see it. To me, she seems pretty genuine and what you see is what you get. I just see her as someone who is not exactly genuinely nice, but tries very hard to be nice.

There is literally nothing offensive about what she does. She doesn’t push the envelope of good taste like Miley Cyrus. She doesn’t make critics question her sanity like Britney Spears. She’s not brash or outwardly confident the way Beyonce is. Maybe that generic quality is exactly what makes other people love her (and hate her.) To me, it just makes me shrug.
    Well see... this kind of sounds like an sx critique, especially against the more "boring" and bland so's. You just have to be so INTENSE all the time. I mean, I understand it. But I don't particularly see her as incredibly boring... just not very talented unfortunately.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

See well I don't really get this thing about her persona being "carefully crafted" or whatever. I don't really see it.
    I don't know if you can read this but at least others will be able to:

If you watch her eyes in photos or during interviews (24/7 really), they are always "dead". They never match up with what she's saying or trying to express with her body language (which is also usually pretty deflated).
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

And I'm not typing her Se-valuing because of those things. Actually she says that she doesn't party or even drink much. I would hardly think of her as "slutty" or even a drama queen really. I'm typing her based on her songs and her videos, and the fact that most of her friends seem to be Se egos and Se-valuers. If your friends are mostly Se egos, then you're probably not an EII. Also it reduces the chance of being Alpha/Delta.

One of the criticism against her is that she almost exclusively hangs around "powerful" women/people. I'd say that's more Se.
    My comment was not directed at you. All e3's like to hang around powerful people. And people can have all types of friends,
    I for example have EII friends and SLE friends -all the spectrum really.

Lets take for example a look at Tom Cruise - an e3 ESE - isnt he attracted to powerful people and positions?

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My comment was not directed at you. All e3's like to hang around powerful people. And people can have all types of friends,
    I for example have EII friends and SLE friends -all the spectrum really.
    Ok... and since when was that atypical for EIEs? It's not like you mostly hang around Si-doms.

Lets take for example a look at Tom Cruise - an e3 ESE - isnt he attracted to powerful people and positions?
    I don't know, is he? The point is, Alphas and Deltas are supposed to be more indiscriminate in who they befriend and so on. Well, Aristocracy has also to do with it.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ok... and since when was that atypical for EIEs? It's not like you mostly hang around Si-doms.

I don't know, is he? The point is, Alphas and Deltas are supposed to be more indiscriminate in who they befriend and so on. Well, Aristocracy has also to do with it.
    So...how did he present and reinforce that point in this thread? Ever?

Hmm I smell flounder...

(pretty sure Singularity has me on ignore btw for those who haven't been following)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

See well I don't really get this thing about her persona being "carefully crafted" or whatever. I don't really see it.

this just makes me think you're a dunce

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do you really think that a "super busy body" ESE would just sit around at home alone all day, playing with cats? No... She really doesn't have the energy of an EJ imo, she is rather lethargic, awkward and

ESEs usually have big toothy smiles, while Taylor Swift almost always only has a slight grin.
    Yes because ESE can seek comfort and be lazy and lounge around and seem like introverted because of it. Si
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Swift's type has always been controversial. I do think ESE makes most sense. She has strong Fe, Se, is very externally orientated (friends squad, constantly reaching out and connecting with fans, pap strolls) - I dont think any kind of introvert would handle fame as good as her -she's constantly trying to attract as much attention to her as possible and is too high energy for introvert. Se polr is ridiciulous for her imo. Beaides her being Fe leading imo, everything she does, how she moves etc. is an indicator of rational type, so she is not SEE.

Yeah, Tom Cruise is as power hungry and narcississtic as they come. Also control freak, tight grip on his image, wants to be seen as perfect human etc...just like many ESE's are. I don't understand why ESE's are seen as docile doofuses and nerds (although there exists a minority that is actually quite image retarted and uncool)-they're usually more like your average WASP who is the mouthiest on the school board comitee but also bakes perfect cookies and controls the whole neighbourhood with her gossip and drama.

Having different types of friends doesnt mean you're not picky, just that the ones you like are from different types.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swift's type has always been controversial. I do think ESE makes most sense. She has strong Fe, Se, is very externally orientated (friends squad, constantly reaching out and connecting with fans, pap strolls) - I dont think any kind of introvert would handle fame as good as her -she's constantly trying to attract as much attention to her as possible and is too high energy for introvert. Se polr is ridiciulous for her imo. Beaides her being Fe leading imo, everything she does, how she moves etc. is an indicator of rational type, so she is not SEE.
    Ok... and how is she at all "high-energy"? She hardly ever moves in most interviews. She is stationary, stays in the same position, doesn't even move her arms around all that much. Her movements are incredibly slow and lethargic.

Tom Cruise is almost always laughing or grinning widely in interviews, and he moves his hands around a lot.

Anyway, if she's really an ESE, then we should be asking ACTUAL ESEs, if they think that she could be an ESE.

Beaides her being Fe leading imo, everything she does, how she moves etc. is an indicator of rational type, so she is not SEE.
    That's interesting that you think that way. Have you seen this video? (skip to 2:00) :

Her movements, especially how she moves her arms, is ridiculously smooth and slow. I think those are IP movements, especially IXFps, like they're kind of like ballerinas.

Compare it to Mary J Blige, who is an EIE. EJs have more "heft" in them, like as if they're quite heavy. She is obviously a lot more rigid than Taylor Swift. Taylor Swift is very fluid.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SEEs fight with other SEEs all the time, feuds mean nothing. If anything feuds are Se v Se by their very nature. Further, any SEE on SEE drama accompanied with accusations of fakery should be considered mere well founded projection

taylor is just a slightly nuerotic, highly commercially polished SEE

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ok... and how is she at all "high-energy"? She hardly ever moves in most interviews. She is stationary, stays in the same position, doesn't even move her arms around all that much. Her movements are incredibly slow and lethargic.

Tom Cruise is almost always laughing or grinning widely in interviews, and he moves his hands around a lot.

Anyway, if she's really an ESE, then we should be asking ACTUAL ESEs, if they think that she could be an ESE.

That's interesting that you think that way. Have you seen this video? (skip to 2:00) :

Her movements, especially how she moves her arms, is ridiculously smooth and slow. I think those are IP movements, especially IXFps, like they're kind of like ballerinas.

Compare it to Mary J Blige, who is an EIE. EJs have more "heft" in them, like as if they're quite heavy. She is obviously a lot more rigid than Taylor Swift. Taylor Swift is very fluid.

I see nothing fluid (or genuine) about her at all lol. I would understand many types, but IEI 4w3 if I'm understanding correctly is well...unusual. Lets agree to disagree.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I don't really see her befriending a lot of Se egos (other than maybe one ESI). She seems to surround herself more so with Si and Fi egos, imo.
    Come on, this is clearly, and indisputably Se:

(on her "BFF" Kelly Pickler) What’s your favorite thing about each other?

Taylor Swift: My favorite thing about Kellie is that she’s the one person on the planet who has the nerve to delete a guy’s number out of my phone if she doesn’t think he’s right for me [laughs]. She will grab my phone and delete his number, because she does not want me to talk to someone who she thinks is bad news.

http://theboot.com/kellie-pickler-gi...-taylor-swift/

“It was really neat. Total blonde power. After the game, we pulled into a gas station and Carrie saw this guy talking to Taylor. We were like, This isn’t right! I said, ‘Get away from her, you old man. If you’re still around when we finish filling up with gas, we’ll make a hood ornament out of you!’” — Kellie Pickler on a girls’ night out at a hockey game with Taylor and Carrie Underwood.
    It's kind of how I would imagine your interaction with SEEs would be like.

As far as I know she's feuded with Se egos like Justin Bieber and Mily Cyrus (I think Mily is a clear Se-SEE). Apparently Mily has a similar opinion on Swift that @handjob does and thinks she's fake... and this is someone who actually knows her in person. I could actually see some supervision going on, tbh.
    Well she has feuded with many people, I think that has more to do with personality differences than types. I think the fact that she starts feuds so frequently with people that she was friends with, indicates that she's not Fi ego, especially not Fi-leading or rational.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you serious? If anyone deleted the number of a guy I liked out of my phone ( even if I intuitively knew he wasn't good for me), I'd be furious, put up a scene about it, and probably distance myself from that person. That just seems like controlling behavior that would genuinely upset me.

I agree that it's really nice when friends fight away guys who are trying to hit on me, but usually it's because they can tell that I'm uncomfortable with the attention in the first place.
    lol, weren't you saying that you have friends that protect you over those things? Anyway the point is, no matter how annoying it is, it's pretty Se, because well yes, Se is pretty controlling, not necessarily in an abusive way of course. And it's pretty aggressive. And if you won't put up with it... then you can be sure that an EII would put up with it even less.

The point is, it's likely that Kelly Pickler sees Taylor Swift as this kind of a defenseless person who is in need of "protection". That's usually how Se egos see Ni-doms tbh, like they act as their "bodyguards", or they will try to toughen them up. Se is about protecting territory. Taylor Swift probably has low Se, and Kelly Pickler sees that and tries to help her protect herself, and Taylor Swift is receptive to it instead of being repulsed by it.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Singularity not to be a bully (or I guess yeah to be one since you called me one anyways) but no matter how many great points several people point out as to why you're wrong you endlessly find new dumbass points to keep it going for as long as possible just to be contrarian if anything. Like as soon as multiple people made great comments on how her being a 3 affects her type majorly, you just say oh lol no she's OBVI a 4 (which no.... loool, no)

if you you want to see REAL IEI lethargy go look up Kurt Cobain interviews

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Yes because ESE can seek comfort and be lazy and lounge around and seem like introverted because of it. Si
    For once I agree with Maritsa. As much as ESEs can be very busy they also know how to relax a ton too.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by handjob View Post
    @Singularity not to be a bully (or I guess yeah to be one since you called me one anyways) but no matter how many great points several people point out as to why you're wrong you endlessly find new dumbass points to keep it going for as long as possible just to be contrarian if anything. Like as soon as multiple people made great comments on how her being a 3 affects her type majorly, you just say oh lol no she's OBVI a 4 (which no.... loool, no)

For once I agree with Maritsa. As much as ESEs can be very busy they also know how to relax a ton too.
    Same with LSE's
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently you didn't read these quotes...:

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Swift
    I feel the emotion that life conjures up and the songs I write get me closer to my feelings and realising who I am. It's a natural process.
    One of my big goals as a human being is to continue to write what's really happening to me, even if it's a tough pill to swallow for people around me...
    I never want to change so much that people can't recognize me.
    That's not the 3 that puts on social masks and tries to be whatever people want them to be.

To be honest, it's pretty pointless to "argue" with you, because you never actually bother to make any points.

And not every IEI is going to be like Kurt Cobain, acting like they're stoned and high 24/7, which seems to be your benchmark for typing IEIs. Try actually looking at some other IEIs than Kurt Cobain. I don't even think that Kurt Cobain is a good example of an IEI, because he was very unhealthy, and probably was doing a ton of drugs.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ESE's try to be perfect - even the funnest on a night out or relaxing with girls on a trip. They are lots of fun ime, when they're not in a annoying phase lol. Same goes for LSE-Si.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Are you serious? If anyone deleted the number of a guy I liked out of my phone ( even if I intuitively knew he wasn't good for me), I'd be furious, put up a scene about it, and probably distance myself from that person. That just seems like controlling behavior that would genuinely upset me.

I agree that it's really nice when friends fight away guys who are trying to hit on me, but usually it's because they can tell that I'm uncomfortable with the attention in the first place.

She also has a very wide social circle with tons of seemingly close relationships. Usually when she is feuding with someone it's because she overreacts to perceived aggression (like The Katy Perry dancer incident). Also, compare her to EII like Maritsa who has had many feuds and dramas with others on the forum throughout the years. It's like once they feel you have wronged them for whatever reason, they have this personal Fi related vendetta over you (it's a trait that I've noticed particularly in a few Delta rational types).
    If I feel like someone isn't being a loyal friend I just distrance them from me. No need for vendetta
    -

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not the 3 that puts on social masks and tries to be whatever people want them to be.
    Thats a very superficial way of typing, not all 3s are obvious with their 3ness and Taylor swift is imo even if she says otherwise

and btw if I'm so bad at arguing tell me why literally everyone here disagrees with you lol

And not every IEI is going to be like Kurt Cobain, acting like they're stoned and high 24/7, which seems to be your benchmark for typing IEIs. Try actually looking at some other IEIs than Kurt Cobain. I don't even think that Kurt Cobain is a good example of an IEI, because he was very unhealthy, and probably was doing a ton of drugs.
    Ok, there are plenty of IEIs here, and not a single one I've befriended reminds me of Taylor Swift. lol

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Given the past trends in your behavior, I'd very much disagree.
    Whatever think what you like as always you want to be right go ahead no ones going to give either one ☝️ f us a gold shinny star
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Apparently you didn't read these quotes...:

To be honest, it's pretty pointless to "argue" with you, because you never actually bother to make any points.

I would say that she doesn't come off brittle defenseless in need of protection like IEI do

She has defended her economic interests
    -

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well anyway, most people in the beginning of the thread seemed to be typing her as either IEI or SEI. The fact is, most of you simply don't like her and typing her in a certain way, or simply don't fucking know her at all. Or the actual female IEIs that are a lot like Taylor Swift.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say that she doesn't come off brittle defenseless in need of protection like IEI do

She has defended her economic interests
    Here's her "brittle defenseless", Kurt Cobain moment:

In the December 2009 issue of InStyle, she said about how she writes her songs:

I think in terms of metaphors a lot of the time. One time when I was hopelessly, helplessly, and tragically let down by a guy, let down to the point where I was so hurt and felt so abandoned, like a damsel in distress, like this girl who thought she found Prince Charming and then ended up in the pouring rain, I just wrote what I felt about that and I came up with the song 'White Horse.' ... A lot of times I'll be inspired by something and turn it into a picture that I can see in my head, and then I describe that picture.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Here's her "brittle defenseless", Kurt Cobain moment:

In the December 2009 issue of InStyle, she said about how she writes her songs:
    Feeling it isn't a call card for someone strong. It has to be consistent. It has to be they natural way a person is

She told Amazon that artists had to get paid for their work. I mean she really stood up for herself instead of playing the victim card right?
    -

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well anyway, most people in the beginning of the thread seemed to be typing her as either IEI or SEI. The fact is, most of you simply don't like her and typing her in a certain way, or simply don't fucking know her at all. Or the actual female IEIs that are a lot like Taylor Swift.
    What motivation could I possibly have typing her as ESE other than typing her that?

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What motivation could I possibly have typing her as ESE other than typing her that?
    Yeah. It's not like handjob is a Beta or IEI trying to push Taylor Swift as far away from him as possible. Taylor Swift just is an ESE. She has a decently-developed PoLR (hence -ESE rather than -ESE = stronger preference for Lead over Role, weaker preference for Creative over PoLR), but you can still tell it's quite devalued , definitely not leading .

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm confused...are you a fan of hers? You sound offended on her behalf.

ESE is not some shameful typing, btw. There are many cool ESE's around.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm talking to my IEI friend from college and she says "Taylor swift is more talkative and engaging than I am. I sit and smile more and look and absorb information "
    -

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feeling it isn't a call card for someone strong. It has to be consistent. It has to be they natural way a person is

She told Amazon that artists had to get paid for their work. I mean she really stood up for herself instead of playing the victim card right?
    That was Apple... and that would make her more Se-valuing.

I'm confused...are you a fan of hers? You sound offended on her behalf.
    Not really, I already wrote how I feel about her, she is just okay. And it's more to do with the fact that I actually took some time to do research... while some of you are simply typing based on "vibes" or whatever.

Anyway, there was nearly a consensus on her being IEI, and now suddenly she's an ESE! EII! Bullshit! That makes no sense.

ESE is not some shameful typing, btw. There are many cool ESE's around.
    Yeah, like Tom Cruise or Oprah, who are nothing like her...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Not really, I already wrote how I feel about her, she is just okay. And it's more to do with the fact that I actually took some time to do research... while some of you are simply typing based on "vibes" or whatever.

Anyway, there was nearly a consensus on her being IEI, and now suddenly she's an ESE! EII! Bullshit! That makes no sense.

Try my list of ESE women Jessica alba,

I just realized my list is at home
    -

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Try my list of ESE women Jessica alba,

I just realized my list is at home
    16types.jpg

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

There was never any consesus on her, typings have been all over the place. I think we're all quite familiar with her, she's shoved down our throats all the time. Particularly in last year or so public has gotten to know her a lot more. We just have different impressions of her and newsflash, impressions and opinions can change with time, they aren't set in stone. It's not like any of us knows her personally, we are exposed to limited info. Also, I wouldn't believe everything celebrities say - they have a certain image to present. Their songs are also mostly written by other people. Friendships and relationships can be strictly PR as well.

You apparently see her as fluid, IP temperament, genuine, authentic, melancholic (? as in E4), I see her as stiff A-type PR-genius attention whore. There are a bunch of other people who don't type her either ESE or IEI, so it's healthier not to get worked up .

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Also, I wouldn't believe everything celebrities say - they have a certain image to present.
    I would say this principle should be applied to all people when trying to type them or get a sense of their character, not just celebrities. It's important to look at the bigger picture and try to see what might have influence over how they act or what they say and try to present or see themselves as. But yeah, for celebrities it rings even more true.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    16types.jpg
    They both like emotionally charged environments
    -

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this whole idea that celebrities having this nefarious ring of advisers and PR-machines pulling the strings is bordering on conspiracy theories. I really doubt that most celebrities have the energy to keep up with the "act" for so long, and if they do without having anyone ever finding out about their "real them", then they must be geniuses.

Anyway, from what we know about people who knew her childhood, as well as people who went to high school with her, they seem to paint a consistent view of Taylor Swift.

I went to high school with Taylor Swift. She was endearing and awkward. Extremely kind and modest. A group of us saw her perform on Good Morning America one morning before anyone knew she was a musician. Went she returned to school later in the week and we were like “WHAT THE F TAYLOR?? Who are you?” Her bashful response, “Oh… umm… I really like to play guitar”. Few months later she performed “Our Song” at our annual talent show. There was a silence before the huge round of applause. It was the first time 90% of us ever heard her music. (I was a senior her freshman year. We had gym together)
    Sharon first met Taylor when she was 11 and auditioned for The Sound of Music. Impressed by Taylor’s “amazing” stage presence, Luyben gave her the part of Louisa. “She was very focused and determined to do what she wanted to do,” Sharon recalled of the adolescent Taylor Swift. “But she was not obnoxiously competitive; not pushy. Just a quiet leader; a pleasant, wonderful person.”
    Sounds like a hyper-competitive, attention whoring, Type A personality E3 person, alright.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a hyper-competitive, attention whoring, Type A personality E3 person, alright.
    Everyone has to start somewhere

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast