TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What is this guy?

Creating a Simple and Balanced Life

Just a little blog action by him. I know the guy and have an opinion on his type but I kind of waffle on it a lot. Penis for your thoughts?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol Stinking Thinking, I have heard that before.

It's one of those things that mean well, but I think it makes too many leaps. The writer seems almost angry and inexperienced when he preaches to people. =/ I see this all the time in 'self-help' manuals.

In short if you want honest help you have to pay a professional, either buy their material and study it diligently from the experts who have really gotten over depression, or spend a long time in therapy and change very slowly, but naturally- and permanently. People's expectations of what therapy can do for them have to be lowered down.

Also he's idealizing great leaders. It's like he doesn't know what he's talking about I'm sad to say. Just because somebody leads or is rich, doesn't mean their inner life is all gravy. I'm not saying that money is bad, but look at all the people who have a lot of money and are miserable, rude to others, etc.....they lead great nations but they themselves seem rather rotten on the inside.

He also doesn't understand that pain is inherently transformative, if you just allow yourself to feel it, sometimes for as long as you need to. If it takes 5 years, then it takes 5 years. The suffering you have will pay off. He assumes that people want the same things. That is incorrect. Authentic relationships? What's that? Why so generalized? I feel discriminated against.

All in all too generalized anyway.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh I agree a lot. He's REALLY idealistic and positive about life, to the point that even *I* want to tell him it's not all sunshine and rainbows lol. Some advice he gives I think is helpful but it grinds on me when he talks about controlling/being in charge of your emotional life, particularly the negative aspects of it. He's pretty much my best friend since I know I can confide anything with him but when he wants me to just drop the painful stuff because it's not useful to think about, I just sigh. Not much of my emotional life revolves around what good it does me, it is what it is for better or worse.

Anyway, he's a big The Secret/Law of Attraction guy, probably because he's led a charmed life.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

EII I have a feeling he might be a closet homosexual.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... Alpha something? Probably an irrational.... perhaps ILE (in his down moments), or even IEI.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best guess is probably IEE at this point.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Stupid secret rules.

1. Know exactly what you want.
    2. Ask the universe for it.
    3. Feel, behave and know as if the object of your desire is already yours (visualize).
    4. Be open to receive it and let go of (the attachment to) the outcome.

1. Fi
    2. Ne
    3. Te
    4. Si-ish/Ne-ish

My rules
    1. What you want doesn't matter, what you get does
    2. Ask the universe stuff, see if it answers
    3. Don't panic and carry a towel
    4. Duck!

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    My best guess is probably IEE at this point.
    I thought his writing seemed Fe/Ti, but I might be wrong. IEE doesn't sound far off at all (especially if he's Ne sub) and I can imagine someone like tereg relating to this guy's introspective thoughts.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think he's Delta tbh. It's like if somebody was being negative one time he'd go ballistic and start ranting how that person 'has to be positive and their 'BETTER SELF.' It's like he doesn't understand negativity or just basic snarky humor. Like everything has to be PERFECT or it's UNACCEPTABLE. That's the impression I'm getting from him. I sense that we wouldn't get along. My campy, aggressive and passionate gay humor would clash with his not-campy, passive and rational 'calm center' Delta dorky humor.

Law of Attraction is okay. It has some truth to it. But letting that stuff go to your head, you belong in a mental ward.

I like people who are specific. It's more humanizing. Like, one time in 4th grade this girl, to be a real bitch to me, made me shake a can before opening it. And I shook it and open it and it spilled all over my desk! She then laughed at me, the bitch. I shoulda punched that whore in the face.

UH-OH. SAM IS PLAYING THE VICTIM AGAIN!