Thread: type my neighbor based on this description/what happened last night

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default type my neighbor based on this description/what happened last night.

my new next door neighbor is this guy doing his master's in physical education. he's a pretty healthy seeming guy, likes to drink/go to bars, and i see him basically every day outside with his dog playing catch. he's really nice, looks a little severe/pissed at all times, but is sort of like, "we watch out for each other here." in that sense he's very "neighborly." does things like walk our other neighbors' great dane while they're out of town.

anyhow, we live in a really crowded area of town. it's near a lot of bars and the park gets really overcrowded on the weekend. parking gets very difficult to find. so we have our private driveway which is essentially for our cars and no one else. it isn't marked explicitly as such, but you can tell it's very obviously a driveway.

so he has been really like, "this is my parking space and this one is yours." i've parked in the same spot.

last night there was some out of town plate mercedes in our front yard, parked on the driveway in his spot. he comes over to my apartment late, knocks on the door, and asks me if i know whose car it is. i said, "no, i thought it was one of your friends or something." he says, "that's all i needed to know! thanks!"

i thought he had called the towing company, but i came outside and the car was toilet papered and shaving creamed. i seriously thought this was an incredibly creative method for getting back at someone haha.

let me know what you think.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol ..i don't think he's isfj, how about esfp? ep temperament?
    Last edited by Trevor; 08-01-2009 at 10:01 PM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i seriously thought this was an incredibly creative method for getting back at someone haha.
    Such a brilliant mind.

Maybe he's a beta or delta, when you said "neighborly" correlating to aristocratic. I don't know (about the relevancy of dichotomy and about the definition of aristocratic here.)
    Last edited by 717495; 08-01-2009 at 11:07 PM.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE/LSI
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds Se to me -- "this is my parking space and this one is yours," sounds like Se territorialism, plus his revenge involved defacing the Se qualities of the car with shaving cream and toilet paper. Based soley on the information provided I would agree with tereg, SLE or LSI. If I had to guess, I would guess SLE, but there's really not enough information to decide that.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say definite Ep, but most likely SLE.

I would imagine an Ij would be more likely to call the tow company.
    LIE-Ni, i think, but maybe ILI

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I agree with Polikijum and Krig the Viking. This guy sounds aristocratic and territorial. Probably in his ego. I'd tentatively guess SLE.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeros View Post
    Considering I don't think one of the SLEs I know would do this, I don't think it. But I think some SEE would.
    I can see an SEE doing it, but for different reasons from that implied in the story. An SEE would do it for personal revenge, this guy seems to have done it in an "us against them" sort of spirit, which as polikujm pointed out, does seem like an aristocratic mindset.
    Quaero Veritas.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see myself in a situation doing exactly this out of personal revenge. I never have done such a vigorous stunt, so you would think it would be easier for an aristocrat to find motivation not only by an internal sense of duty to the "group" territory in this case, but motivation by being backed up by and represented with this same group, his "neighborhood."

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

delta st?
    asd

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    I agree with Polikijum and Krig the Viking. This guy sounds aristocratic and territorial. Probably in his ego. I'd tentatively guess SLE.
    sounds like something I would do....SLI
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps some ST. Beta > Delta

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i thought he had called the towing company, but i came outside and the car was toilet papered and shaving creamed. i seriously thought this was an incredibly creative method for getting back at someone haha.
    That's such a stupid (and pointless) thing to do, considering the circumstances. I'd never waste my time on such idiocy. Well, unless I had a greater purpose or a defined target.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Perhaps some ST. Beta > Delta

That's such a stupid (and pointless) thing to do, considering the circumstances. I'd never waste my time on such idiocy. Well, unless I had a greater purpose or a defined target.
    you think? i actually thought it was less harmful than calling a towing company, which is really what i would have done. i'm not sure i would have done nothing because i like having my own parking space/it's rather necessary.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

other small interactions i have had with this guy:

came over to my house one night asking if i had any ice cubes/if he could borrow ice trays. said he was not looking forward to drinking warm jack daniels & coke. returned them promptly by putting them on my windowsill, asked if i found them.

has various tattoos that i haven't asked about.

when i told him i was in a linguistics program he said he pretty much failed both spanish and french with flying colors.

also sits up on the neighbor's porch and watches tv (there's a tv outside,) like it's a communal porch i guess. the idea of a communal porch is really strange to me but whatever. "it's too nice to stay inside."

looks a little like seth green? really totally irrelevant. maybe i'll get some pics of him haha.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What was the guy doing parking in your driveway. wtf? Even if you have to walk a couple blocks and park down the street, you don't park in a driveway on someone else's property.

I have nothing else to add to this conversation, other than I wish I could have seen that!
    IEE