TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default I gots me a video!

Video removed.
    Last edited by The Exception; 04-14-2010 at 03:35 AM.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, Warrior-Librarian that video by contrast did not bored me at all. You sound very concise on the video and I think you probably are more observant and more knowledgeable than I am in Socionics. you are sound very structure and connect all elements of socionic without much confusion to me, I wouldn't be the one to contradict your self-typing here, nicely done ;-).
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nicely done! liked your video.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oops, in my video I said judging/perceiving when I meant to say rational/irrational.

Also, I noticed that my mouth movements were not in sync with my voice when viewing the videos. Anyone know how to fix that?

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

You're very methodical and considered in your speech...I can see why you have thought about LIE, ILI, and LII as possible types for you. I don't think you are LIE though, and from the video, I don't believe you're a SLI for example either.

I think cracka said once that it was better to put videos on photobucket or something rather than youtube to prevent the video and sound being out of sync...or have I got that the wrong way round? I didn't even notice a problem until you pointed it out though!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of my own observations:

- Generally unwavering, stays in one position throughout the entire video
    - Limited facial expression
    - Love the permanent smile!
    - Doesn't feel the need to fill in silence, i.e. you like to think about what you are going to say rather than "thinking out loud"
    - Most of what you say comes out seeming well thought out (whether it is or not) and coherent without a lot of interjections (like "um's" and "like's") and without many or any tangents
    - Talk about Socionics seems to concentrate on how things fit together logically

So, yeah, I think that fits well with the IJ temperament and leading , specifically LII, if I am remembering correctly what Rick said about them.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would tend to agree...The discussion really talks about how things are supposed to work based on the consequences of the system. In contrast, perhaps a Gamma, while being aware of all that stuff, may not be as inclined to explain how that's all supposed to work, and might instead point out a few things to criticize or apply. Regarding the general manner of speaking, that's not definitive, as both LIIs and ILIs may talk very slowly and calmly like that. But the sense of how it's organized, as if there's a sort of internal "book" and one is turning the page mentally, may speak for Ij temperament and LII.

The caveat though is that a lot of people will seem Ti-focused if they're creating a video about the basics of Socionics. I think a lot of people in daily life may be very different from that but if they decided to lecture about Socionics, that might make them appear LII at that moment.

I'm not saying that this is a reason say that LII is wrong here. It's just something to consider.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with everyone else. Your discussion of socionics was logical, abstract, and generalized, heavy on theory and light on specific examples (Ti+Ne). Your reasons for studying socionics were: it's interesting, there's more to it than MBTI, and it's more nuanced. In other words, it's a complex system you enjoy learning and understanding for its own sake rather than any practical application (Ti>Te). Like Numbers said, I see no reason to contradict your self-typing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great video. I'll bet it's harder to make one than you expect. 8 minutes is a long time. Well done!
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    I finally got around to doing one. What type do I come across as on the video?
    I get INTj and ISTp vibes. Also alpha ones.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks to all you who posted in this thread and gave me feedback. I'm going back to --one. ILE made a good run for its money but LII emerges victorious.

Creepy-Cyclops

I watched your video.

You did a great job on Ti btw imo (not joking).

I didn't know if you were LII or ILE, but you are defo alpha NT imo, but...you seem a lot more IJ to me, so i'd choose INTj over ENTp if I were typing you (well, I am I suppose)...

As you've typed yourself as LII, pretty sure you've done this being IJ, introvert, etc, then LII ftw?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see LII, mhm.