Thread: Socionics documentary -- UPDATE -- it's coming really SOON

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Socionics documentary -- UPDATE -- it's coming really SOON

Currently, the Socionics documentary is being edited... The intention behind the documentary is to produce an audio-visual INTRODUCTION to Socionics... A place to start for beginners and/or ppl who'd just like to know what Socionics is.

Hopefully, this documentary is going to be short and to the point. (Thankfully, a bunch of ppl are helping me to keep from going on tangents...)

To get the project focused, (it was becoming overly in-depth,) we took a survey about what ppl would like to know about Socionics, (we surveyed ppl who don't know about Socionics,) and developed questions from the survey.

It turns out ppl wanted answers to very simple questions about Socionics... Questions most anyone in our community here could answer...

The documentary's PROBLEM CURRENTLY IS... It needs more color... More voices and vibrancy. (No offense meant to those who've given interviews so far... It just turned out that ppl wanted answers to much simpler questions than we anticipated.)

Does anyone have ANY IDEAS about how to add more color and vibrancy to the documentary?? I'm open to any ideas, and to be honest, would REALLY appreciate responses... (It's be awesome to make this documentary as good and helpful as possible.)

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assuming you want ideas from people not involved, you'd have to give a little more on what you already have... I wouldn't mind giving suggestions if I knew what I was giving suggestions to. And what exactly do you mean by "vibrancy"? Is this along the lines of needing a host or entertaining voice over to guide the entire documentary along, or some visual renditions of whatever you're talking about? What are your initial ideas to solve this problem, just so we can see where your mind is at and have a starting point to give you ideas that aren't useless or can't apply to what you're doing.

It sounds like a great project though, should be interesting to see Would you mind sharing the types of questions people want answered? Would it help to direct you to introductory psychology videos, or other documentaries to model? It might seem too basic, but watching actual documentaries might inspire you.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Does anyone have ANY IDEAS about how to add more color and vibrancy to the documentary?? I'm open to any ideas, and to be honest, would REALLY appreciate responses... (It's be awesome to make this documentary as good and helpful as possible.)
    Something I'd do would be this - -

At some point, contrast images of different kinds of groups of people, or couples, and how they interact, or just like they come across -- like, a stereotypical group of Beta-seeming young people with a more subdued group of Delta-seeming young people. Or contrasting couples of (at least look like) wildly different dualities - to make the point (added by the narration, if you're having one) that people are attracted to different kinds of people, which we all sort of take for granted, but the reality is , nobody understands why.

To this, maybe constrasting interviews -- like, you have (say) a SLE- IEI couple in one, and a ESE-LII couple in another. And you ask what is it that they appreciate the most in each other, contrasting their answers -- and maybe you can pose the same questions, as in describing a LII to an IEI, an asking what they'd like and not like about that kind of person.

Ideally (and perhaps not easy), you'd get answers like "yuck no I could never find such a person attractive, and I don't think anyone would" at the same time that you show that others have precisely the opposing views.

In a nutshell, my take (which may be too Te) is to present the evidence and let people think, "hmm maybe there's something to this" rather than just state blandly "that's the way it is".

ETA: never mind - I just realized it's being edited already, and what I said may add "color" but not "vibrancy".
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The documentary's PROBLEM CURRENTLY IS... It needs more color... More voices and vibrancy. (No offense meant to those who've given interviews so far... It just turned out that ppl wanted answers to much simpler questions than we anticipated.)

I always like examples. Maybe act out a situation and examine how different types react. You know an Artisan, Director, and a Guardian walk into a bar....
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu
    Do you mean perhaps something like Spencer Sterns you tube videos?

It depends on how/who/what your chosen market is.

Have you spoke to any illustrators or graphic designers?

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you should have a core representative of each type make a brief introduction...gender or subtype pairs would be helpful as well...

Document an actual SeFi (female!) - NiTe (male!) couple. Just so that I stop believing that it belongs to the realm of cryptozoology. That is last seen in 1803 somewhere in himalayas where they were the only man and woman around in 500 km radius And perhaps to provide a service to all SeFi girls and NiTe guys who see the document. Maybe it would also be a convincing example that duality actually works, opposed to something like TiSe-male & FeNi-female, that's something that would give people just a duh! reaction.
    Last edited by Warlord; 07-28-2009 at 01:49 PM.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Document an actual SeFi (female!) - NiTe (male!) couple. Just so that I stop believing that it belongs to the realm of cryptozoology. That is last seen in 1803 somewhere in himalayas where they were the only man and woman around in 500 km radius And perhaps to provide a service to all SeFi girls and NiTe guys who see the document. Maybe it would also be a convincing example that duality actually works, opposed to something like TiSe-male & FeNi-female, that's something that would give people just a duh! reaction.
    My mother is SeFi and my father is NiTe

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have ANY IDEAS about how to add more color and vibrancy to the documentary??
    Put me in it?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a Male SEE / Female ILI interaction...

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    Here is a Male SEE / Female ILI interaction...

YouTube - Diane Lane
    You missed the point. Woman that looks like Diana Lane probably gets hit on by men of various different types all the time, SeFi-males hit on women all the time. Nobody is convinced of dualism, if those two people have good interaction.

I've had also had good interaction with SeFi girls irl, so I know dual-interaction is different. There was a SeFi girl at my old workplace. And based on our interaction, people kept telling me things like:"your girlfriend is really hot", "was that your girlfriend?". And to which I was like:"I have a girlfriend? That's news to me". We didn't even meet outside of work. So potential for good interaction doesn't translate to high chance of relationship, since there are lot of other factors involved.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    My mother is SeFi and my father is NiTe
    There are also people who claim their parents are aliens J/k, I believe you.

INTp

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You missed the point. Woman that looks like Diana Lane probably gets hit on by men of various different types all the time, SeFi-males hit on women all the time. Nobody is convinced of dualism, if those two people have good interaction.

I've had also had good interaction with SeFi girls irl, so I know dual-interaction is different. There was a SeFi girl at my old workplace. And based on our interaction, people kept telling me things like:"your girlfriend is really hot", "was that your girlfriend?". And to which I was like:"I have a girlfriend? That's news to me". We didn't even meet outside of work. So potential for good interaction doesn't translate to high chance of relationship, since there are lot of other factors involved.
    As it turns out she might not be ILI...sorry!

here is a better one

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Warlord: I do know a f SEE - m ILI couple, but she first had an EIE boyfriend whom she dumped as he was cheating on her with an IEI. She then married a LSE whom she left after 10 years. So, it took her quite a while but she ended up accepting duality.

@Huitzilopochtli: FWIW, I think Diane Lane is ESI, and I see Newman & Woodward as an ESI-LIE couple, respectively.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    @Warlord: I do know a f SEE - m ILI couple, but she first had an EIE boyfriend whom she dumped as he was cheating on her with an IEI. She then married a LSE whom she left after 10 years. So, it took her quite a while but she ended up accepting duality.

@Huitzilopochtli: FWIW, I think Diane Lane is ESI, and I see Newman & Woodward as an ESI-LIE couple, respectively.
    It is actually Ashton who suggested Newman / Woodward. Interestingly enough, Lane's type seems to be the subject of controversy...

Expat - ESI
    Sergei - ILI
    Ashton - LSI

TBH, everytime I watch her video I see something different, but mobilizing stood out a lot the last time I watched it. I think she has some ties to DS in the way she is receptive to extraverted feelings, such as her daughter's attitude towards her usage of facebook and the traditional attitudes toward female roles in film, though she tried to present it as creative (I guess that is not uncommon)...her actual thoughts, when she goes into them, tend to be somewhat introverted as well. Perhaps the was in response to Craig?
    Last edited by Nexus; 07-28-2009 at 06:03 PM. Reason: changed Paul to Craig

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you compare celebrity typings by those three individuals, you'll see "controversy" very often, not only in Diane Lane's case.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see Newman & Woodward as an ESI-LIE couple, respectively.
    I think Ep-Ip temperment is very clear from videos. They also, respectively, VI more as Gamma irrationals IMO.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you compare celebrity typings by those three individuals, you'll see "controversy" very often, not only in Diane Lane's case.
    lol

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tbh I love the energy of this couple. Pretty obvious that Newman is Ep and woodward is Ip.
    The end is nigh

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    tbh I love the energy of this couple.
    lol such an Alpha hippie. Especially with that avatar.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuck you delta beatnik.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    lol such an Alpha hippie. Especially with that avatar.
    I like his avatar...a lot actually...it appeals to extroverted sensing :wink:

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    I like his avatar...a lot actually...it appeals to extroverted sensing :wink:

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It appeals to my dick.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it gives me an extraverted penis.
    The end is nigh

Creepy-Cyclops

An inverted nipple.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    It appeals to my dick.
    um...yeah!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a video on Socionics would be great.
    If you're still looking for suggestions, I would say always go for more demonstration and less narrative.

The biggest potential pitfall with any introduction to Socionics is that it may include generalizations or theoretical positions that are in dispute, or get bogged down in cliches such as how Socionics is about why people with similar values and interests hang out together, blah blah blah.

What would be really interesting would be to document real people whose types have been well verified (not that you could get everyone to agree, but maybe there are some uncontroversial ones that the "experts" can agree on), and just follow them through their day...For the representative of each type, what is their day like...follow them from when they get up in the morning...etc.

And then you could document real interactions regarding the intertype relations.

You'd probably have to edit out a lot to get the parts that seem to really demonstrate these things well.

I think doing a video based on Rick's apple or orange exercises would be neat...especially (again) just the juiciest parts, the ones that make for good "aha" moments.

The more the viewer can experience or discover what you're trying to say the better. The more "discovery" that's there, the more interesting it will be, and I think then it will be found that sections with lots of diagrams, lecturing, and truisms can be taken out; obviously some explanation and theory is necessary, but if people can see what you're talking about, it will have a lot more meaning and any "talky" parts can be shortened.

I'm saying this without knowing at all what you've already come up with, obviously...This is just my general view of what would make a successful Socionics video/documentary.