Thread: Agree or disagree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Agree or disagree.

Typed myself. LIE (intuitive sub-type) ENTj.

Those types which traded out only one of the four Jungian dichotomies while leaving the other three in place all sounded more like how others have perceived me at times in the past. The type in my signature is at the center of them, and also fits with model A to best describe my inner functioning.

Would anyone like to discuss: the Tree of Life, the Zodiacs, Ba Gua, The Wu Hsing, forms of matter, basic forces of physics ... or lists that inter-relate types of philosophies, types of logic and expression? Any or all of these, especially synaesthetically. Especially people with unique but actually informed/systemic or simply practiced perspectives in these areas?

These are all of interest to me because, like the Socion, they try to be very comprehensive but somewhat approachable, summary; very functional but in some cases personal, most of them both applied and abstract... I do already know quite a bit about most of those topics but it can be challenging to find others who find them of interest particularly because of the underlying structures of how they present and compare very big, strangely organic concepts.

I am working on a project of sorts, essentially a very personal one --for the time being-- which I believe may run almost entirely orthogonal to typologies, while still being relevant to them in some ways.

Incidentally: I am new to the east bay if there are others in the area on here I would be quite interested in going to events of most kinds, having a coffee or a beer, or cooking a very good (I actually know how to cook), yet perhaps somewhat basic meal (watching my budget for the time being) with or for someone.

Kindly,
    - Qayin
    LIE/ENTj (intuitive)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay... I did take chances on how that might come across purposefully...
    but I thought someone might enjoy something in that, or enjoy attacking it in some possibly intriguing way --though I didn't intend to troll either-- or that I could at least clear anything up if someone took me entirely the wrong way, or if they had a question.

Input is still invited, I am more open to free dialogue about my type, my interests, and anything else than I may have seemed. Even your topics : )
    Really though, I have been looking around at a number of other threads, I just want to finish this step for the time being before I might seem to make even bigger presumptions.

Yes I am new, I guess it was asking a bit for odd dry humor to be both understood and appreciated right off the bat. I was genuine though about my interests, and while my knowledge of them is broad rather than on the particulars I do understand a lot of those topics very well considering, that is, that I have only dabbled in more than a couple of them as far as actually having subscribed to or utilized them in any in-depth manner.

I meant it about the meal as well and am quite sure that my cooking and my company are truly worth the while for most sorts of people, especially if you are already in the Berkeley CA area. I meet people in person just fine as well, but may have to move soon and have had amazing and wonderful twists in life through new connections a number of times before -- without others having to give me anything, or even a lead on anything.

In closing: hello, its entirely possible that I have misunderstood Socionics, perhaps importantly so. My real name is Quinn; now would there have been a particularly better place to introduce myself here?

Type me? Offer feed-back?
    LIE/ENTj (intuitive)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default here yah go.

this became a lot longer than I expected. it was good for me to write it down, I am going through quite a bit right now which I feel might be tinting this considerably, it became an exercise, a study, in how much I could write while trying to avoid repetition or much editing, and still feel right about sharing. feel free to skip/skim parts as suits you all, the writing was worthwhile in itself.

Some reported impressions.

Very roughly speaking I am meaning to put the most common ones first, weighting somewhat towards the comments made independently by multiples of those people who are closest to me, but also weighting those that are rarely premeditated, that is, particularly emphasized repeatedly by total strangers and so forth:

These I have all actually heard, or overheard, repeatedly:

"Aetheric" (--my entire life with incredible frequency) "Timeless" (both biologically, and historically) "Articulate" "are you a dancer?" "young faced" "old soul" "what country are you from?" (--I'm not foreign) "Why are you working in a restaurant?" "I'm told that I'm weird, but you're really weird" (pleased by the novelty but surprised because they hadn't thought so for awhile)

people are often glad that they can skip introductions to topics (I don't usually actually know, but just find prefacing genuinely unhelpful, rather than at all bothersome, and so I work to pull it off anyway)

with friends I have had at least a couple of experiences with most of those I have been close to in the last several years where I got them way way way caught up in the extremes of one mood or the other, laughter, feelings of grandeur, a sense of powerful and new understanding, terrible new awareness and dread but a practical and calm sense of beauty with it... I am generally feeling some hypomania at the time, but only due to thoughts realized, the joy of seeing them change beliefs that had had them feeling stuck ...but with a detachment from it all the while, I take it so far because I feel worried that I have a hard time being nearly as... believing of the excitement which I am sharing with them as they are believing of it... until I do take it far enough.

they have seen me as "a novelty at the worst" when introducing me to other people, and sometimes feel that I steal the show (I just wanted to cause more of show in the actions of others, I didn't mean to be it, or feel that I had been that big a part of it) I am often a "best friend" to a lot of my friends, and this is said very enthusiastically, without fishing for it, and often, and yet they keep forgetting to call me back, don't really seem to know "where to place me" in their lives. I am almost always a confidant and a something of a family member, even in the eyes of acquaintances, though I do really care about these people, feel connected to then... the understanding rarely feels returned, or even attempted much at all.

Partners take cues from how I talk or live in major inter-personal ways without adopting my actual beliefs, opinions, knowledge or practical life-style.
    they thank me during the aftermath for helping them realize their values, they often feel like they should not be forgiven or put up with during one or more stages of the relationship... I made them feel safe earlier on and later they felt either very tense in simpatico response to how they miss-read my chronically over-aware body language or strangely more attracted when they were trying to maintain distance and I had begun to feel less close to them from their pulling away emotionally first.

Co-workers see me one of a few ways, most commonly:
    in a positive but fairly impersonal light, without understanding why some like me so much, or so little, why some think I'm crazy, etc, I find this out after months of realizing that these people never gave too distinctive of a response towards me, even though we interacted plenty of times, co-operated well, and I drew most of them out considerably at times in the past.

next most common: very serious and driven, slightly aggressive, and defensive, but still positive and clearly not meaning it personally, or not even seeming to notice how I often effect others in those small ways. these same people find me to be very unpredictable, very fun to work with once they've worked closely with me a number of times, funny in a way that they I know I am aware of, but they can't tell how much of the funny things I say I also really mean. (most of them, but not in the ways that others would).

next: I'm really friendly, seemed younger, they "didn't realize how much was going on in my head", mistaken as being insecure for often pushing to work faster, at higher standards, more efficiently and for being eager to discuss minor details of work without seeming to assume to impose an authoritative view on what the proper methods are... (though I am usually in fact trying to lead them to a certain perspective even if I sound like I am trying to figure it out).

most of my managers at first: soft, too polite, too concerned, formal, a "good kid" or "angel", hard to place, attentive, quirky, the one they weren't quite sure of but see a whole lot of promise in...

most of my managers by the end: complicated, touchy when in a rush, but very laid back and reasonable as far as larger decisions in how responsibilities are distributed, schedules changed or being transferred in departments, mature, (but can't make sense of the things they've heard about me, the jokes I make, though they laugh) accountable and humble, ready to accept additional responsibilities, able to be cross trained multiple times and always continue to make good use of earlier skills, become very trusted to cross division lines on my own initiative tactfully and as needed without creating chaos or losing sight of varying departmental rules/etiquette.

family: they have hybrid perspectives of how partners, bosses, co-workers and friends see me, main thing that becomes more clear from their feed-back is that they can't decide if I'm looking at my life in too small or too large of a time frame... "way ahead of myself" or "not sticking to one plan" even as my goals stay the same and progress has continued.
    LIE/ENTj (intuitive)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Interests

Grabbed this off my facebook.
    Will post how I come across soon.

Activities:
    Observe think talk listen read write ...hypomania plus synaesthetic thinking -- Write a ton more.

Loving, motivating, challenging, informing, critiquing. Biking Acting Yoga Dancing Cooking Hypnosis/Meditation, genuine and conscious role-choice, framing with as much fairness and accuracy as I may. Naval-gazing. Singing, Guitar. Theorizing, Study, Proselytism, Bartering, Giving.

Keeping secrets of others, having none.
    Interests:
    (most for "fun", some more warily, but definitely all are of interest)

Music, Film, Meta-Ethics, Psycho-physics, Emergence, Sustainability, Pataphor, Mysticism, Science, Immanence (as opposed to transcendence and strictly in its broader sense as in "plane of immanence", more or less), Instantiation, Comics.

Activity- Critical- Conflict- Game- Communication- Error- Value- and Literary- --------Theories, Narratology, The Consciousness Industry, Knowledge Management, Hyperreality, NLPsy (in contrast to prog'ing), Tropes, Linguistics, Etymology, Phonetics, Semantics, Semiotics, Rhetoric, Ostension, Syntactics, Pragmatics.
    Applied divination, polemics, DIY, Creative Commons, growing food, dumpster diving, world economics, performance, design, free-running.
    Favorite Music:
    Poor Weather Club
    Tool
    Puscifer
    A Perfect Circle
    Bonnie 'Prince' Billy
    Do Make Say Think
    The Dead Weather
    Grizzly Bear
    Godspeed You Black Emperor
    U.N.K.L.E.
    Joanna Newsom
    The Desert Sessions
    Fugazi / Ataxia / The Evens
    Trent Reznor, Chris Vrenna
    Nick Cave
    Tom Waits
    The Pixies
    The Decemberists
    Favorite TV Shows:
    Carnivale, BSG, The Prisoner.
    If you really like one of these and know of anything in their class or better tell me immediately.
    Favorite Movies:
    ...I've followed Burton since Batman and Nolan since The Following; with help from my family (I was very young when Batman came out).

Schizopolis, The Qatsi trilogy, Fight Club.
    Things that mess with the causality, narrative structure, nested stories, the clearly unreal set up as though totally actual, identity, the fourth wall... Yeap.
    Favorite Books:
    Authors: Derrick Jensen
    China Miéville, Gene Wolfe, MZD, Neil Gaiman, Thomas Pynchon, H.P. Love Craft.

The Origin of Consciousness In The Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind.

G.E.B., Life in The Labyrinth, The Death Gate Cycle, The Coldfire Trilogy, Reality (by Peter Kingsley).
    About Me:

Core-sign:
    + Mutable Water; 1st quadrant,
    N & W hemispheres. a 'fast' moon;
    Waxing Crescent.
    LIE/ENTj (intuitive)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the problem is this is too long so i didnt read any of it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default well sure

Hah. I expected that from some, often enough I might have done the same, for the time being.

Yeah. I would have taken my advice to skim/skip parts, and quite a bit for that matter.

Thought I was offering a mix of options for anyone to deal with it as they wanted and also have enough for the most thorough/in depth. I've seen a number of people being prompted for more and they end up having a ton of information scattered through their whole thread...

I over-compensated perhaps.

I might edit/repost that into a shorter version if there is no/too little real feedback.
    LIE/ENTj (intuitive)