Thread: Recognizing Se/Ni vs Ne/Si

Hybrid View

Creepy-

Default Recognizing Se/Ni vs Ne/Si

What do you think are the most obvious signs of valuing Se/Ni vs Ne/Si?

When observing or talking with someone, what sticks out to you as the most obvious indicator[s] of one or the other?

Creepy-male

Judicious: silly, charming
    Decisive: serious business, edgy

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    But Ni/Se can also be charming. And Ni/Se isn't always serious and edgy. I think one obvious indicator (to me) is democratic vs. aristocratic. Ne/Si always seem to be very inclusive, even with their body language. They draw people in, welcoming anyone who happens to be standing nearby. Whereas there are some moments when Ni/Se can kind of pull away from the group or differentiate themselves in a particular way, depending on the circumstances. They can be more exclusive.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    But Ni/Se can also be charming. And Ni/Se isn't always serious and edgy. I think one obvious indicator (to me) is democratic vs. aristocratic. Ne/Si always seem to be very inclusive, even with their body language. They draw people in, welcoming anyone who happens to be standing nearby. Whereas there are some moments when Ni/Se can kind of pull away from the group or differentiate themselves in a particular way, depending on the circumstances. They can be more exclusive.
    But Gamma is democratic and Ni/Se. Or were you only referring to Beta?
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    But Gamma is democratic and Ni/Se. Or were you only referring to Beta?
    I thought gamma was aristocratic!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I thought gamma was aristocratic!
    Alpha and gamma are democratic; beta and delta are aristocratic.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aristocratic means ethics are paired with intuition, and democratic means logic is paired with intuition

And Silly and Charming is for the Fe/Ti spectrum, and "serious" business and edgy relates more to Fi/Te, hence merry and serious.

I put a few lines up on wikisocion that states that Decisive people tend to make decisions quickly on a small piece of evidence, how it says Ni types survive in situations where information is scarce, so they're more influenced to decide. Judicious people are more inclined to build a profile about a decision, gather everything they need, before they come close to making an official decision. They're also more inclined to not see how obvious the situation has turned into, because they regard the evidence as not substantial enough.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    wrong.

sorta.

Ni/Se people like this:

Ne/Si people dont.

No I am not gay, but that video is repulsive so sue me.
    Last edited by silke; 04-25-2014 at 05:19 AM. Reason: updated vid link
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    wrong.

sorta.

Ni/Se people like this:

YouTube - Benny Benassi Satisfaction

Ne/Si people dont.

It's like FDG said yesterday on Stickam, it's only for fun. You just take it too seriously. God, I find that boxxy shit way harder to stomach than this.

lol, and Maria's Socionix avatar is just hypnotizing:

maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idk w/e

Boxxy > Se-tisfaction
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so true jake

Nice asses, horrid movie. Guh.

I hate Boxxy. I would much rather watch Boxxy.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    It's like FDG said yesterday on Stickam, it's only for fun. You just take it too seriously. God, I find that boxxy shit way harder to stomach than this.

lol, and Maria's Socionix avatar is just hypnotizing:

ahaha great moments in music video history.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is an explosion of Si/Ne:

We love this shit. See how comfortable it makes you? Controlled, wonderful environment. Just looking at Ian Anderson makes me happy.

P.S.-This is only the first like 10 minutes of a 45-odd minute song I wish lasted all day. There's like a 6:08 version (complete) as well, but I just put up the first video of this guy I could find with this song.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si/Ne:

Se/Ni:

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, you're gay.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thue me, thue me! (lol sorry)

Seriously horrible vid, though, dogs.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even by you guys' crappy, vague, preferential definitions, I am Se/Ni. Get this ILE shit out of your heads.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si/Ne

Se/Ni
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol Gilly, that was definitely just something we know isn't Si/Ne and joked about it. It's also totally devoid of Fe, and I think that makes Jake even more uncomfortable around it. You can like the asses without liking how they're presented, and I believe that's the case he's trying to make.

The whole point of this thread is to find easy ways to spot the differences between Se/Ni and Ne/Si. Immersion is a great way to do this, though it may be a bit (or even very) vague and may take some time to grasp.

And you're definitely ILE.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You understand the difference between a joke and serious business? Apparently, not.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The song isn't so soooo bad, but I meant the video.
    The end is nigh

Creepy-

Oh, I see. Well I don't hate the video. I think it's ridiculous, but in such a... dry? odd? [something]... way that it's just kind of amusing. Scanily-clad women with power tools, the stats for which are shown onscreen, while a techno version of "Satisfaction" plays? It's kind of amusing, yeah.

Why do you think it's distinctively Se/Ni?

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its like... All these visceral close ups and focus on Se CRAZY SHIT IN YOUR FACE.

Uhg, its just like so cold hearted. And this is coming from a Ti ENTp lol! Like it makes attraction into some sort of sick game. Like "yeah i just need sex now and you're going to be my plaything". Nastyness.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    Oh, I see. Well I don't hate the video. I think it's ridiculous, but in such a... dry? odd? [something]... way that it's just kind of amusing. Scanily-clad women with power tools, the stats for which are shown onscreen, while a techno version of "Satisfaction" plays? It's kind of amusing, yeah.
    I felt exactly the same about it.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se/Ni.

Things.
    Surfaces.
    Unexplained actual occurance.

Ne/Si talks in riddles.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That song might just be too gamma for you, dolphin.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I like the song a lot. lol Fi/Te?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm being mean to you lol

But idk.. The song seems.. very... idk... I really like the tune and the sound of the song, but I don't like the focus of the lyrics or the video.

Probably aristocratic. Probably Beta.

*Also, that first movie is a gamma explosion.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the satisfaction video is NOT Si/Ne.

No.

and your vid is interesting to me. idk Ive done enough socionics for the day.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I look at the judicious/decisive dichotomy. I'm not that sold on the Reinin dichotomies but I think this one works.

From Wikisocion:

Judicious (Si/Ne valuers)
    • Accumulate a vast amount of information into consideration before making an official decision
    • Less convinced to finalize a decision based upon (even a strong piece of) external evidence
    • Natural state is relaxed
    • On work, usually prefers satisfying working conditions to salary and other rewards
    Decisive (Se/Ni valuers)
    • Make decisions based on a little bit of information
    • More easily influenced to decide upon (even a small piece of) external evidence
    • Natural state is mobilised
    • On work, usually prefers salary and other rewards to satisfying working conditions
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    I look at the judicious/decisive dichotomy. I'm not that sold on the Reinin dichotomies but I think this one works.

From Wikisocion:

Judicious (Si/Ne valuers)
    • Accumulate a vast amount of information into consideration before making an official decision
    • Less convinced to finalize a decision based upon (even a strong piece of) external evidence
    • Natural state is relaxed
    • On work, usually prefers satisfying working conditions to salary and other rewards
    Decisive (Se/Ni valuers)
    • Make decisions based on a little bit of information
    • More easily influenced to decide upon (even a small piece of) external evidence
    • Natural state is mobilised
    • On work, usually prefers salary and other rewards to satisfying working conditions
    Actually, I think that's one of the bigger offenders in terms of the Reinin descriptions. I would find it hard saying that an IEI is more like the second and an LSE more like the first here.

The first two bullet points in each category are basically the same, but they're influenced also by rationality/irrationality. I realize this gets to the core of some of the differing models within Socionics.

The mobilized part is the only one that seems possibly legitimate, but even then I think LSEs and ESEs may appear more mobilized than IEI and ILI.

Basically, there is a big difference between Ni/Se and Ne/Si, but Socionists, or at least those involved with the Reinin descriptions, probably don't have a good idea of what it is or how to articulate it.

As to the last bullet point, that's just part of the alpha-centric roots of Socionics. Basically, the idea there is that since people who started Socionics identify with having a satisfying career beyond just being interested in money, they then identified people unlike them (e.g., not Alpha) as being "those other kind of people" who are more materialistic, etc.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Archon, my conclusions: at first I used this minor blip as an excuse to reflect upon my own shortcomings and the potential that I had everything, including my own type, wrong. Then I realized that it was just a silly theoretical gaffe, that my type is still the same, and that, indeed, I was having a typical TiSe Super Id reaction of feeling like shit because I failed to be at the top of the theorizing food chain and using it as an excuse to float into Ni land, onveranalyze the consequences of my perceived shortcomings, and become an existential puddle for a brief period in time.

In actuality, it's made me realize that I just need to worry less about what other people think and stop trying to hard to delude myself into thinking that my understanding is flawless. Socionics theory is essentially boring to me, and I've attempted to make it into something more than it is by placing apparently too much self-worth on my understanding of an obscure psychology theory.

So, in short, thanks for fucking my paradigm You may continue on your Merry way :wink:

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As to what it really is about, the way I look it is that with the Ni/Se state, you're going from one static situation to another with ideas about how one might change from one to another, so it's kind of like a story...going from here to here to here and thinking or dreaming about how one might get from here to there or what it might be like to be there...etc....and so the sense of getting from here to there and building towards something and arriving is important.

...whereas with the Ne/Si state of mind, there may still be a "story" of life, but it's less important than the possibilities of each moment and the physical experience of going from one moment to the next.

Now what Reinin/Socionists did is they assumed that the story of life is about getting money whereas everything else that constitutes satisfaction or enjoyment of anything must be within Ne/Si.

But really concern for money, or enjoyment, or whether one seems to be a go-getter or not, is less related to this dichotomy than people think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think that Judicious (+) types are more scary of horror movies?I am thinking especially of the scenes in which there is a long silence and in a moment shows something unpredictable frightening.