0 Thread(s)

what?
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    in other words, becoming skillfully stubborn and coercive is a more "External" pursuit than say, trying to sell one's interests with a smile, poetics, or theory.
    IMO this is (also) connected with Creativist vs Emotivist. What do you think? By "External" you're referring to S and/or T ??

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, but Ti is also external and a judging function.

Se is like a rocket going off.

WOOOOSH

BOOOM

"wow that was crazy"

/done

Se behavior is more about intensity and thrill seeking (kinda). The whole stubborn bastard who has a view of the world he isn't willing to alter thing is more like an unhealthy or abnormal Ti ego.

but of course I generalize.
    The end is nigh

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds nice, but I don't believe this is true. I think an autistic INTj would come across as extremely stubborn.

I think any healthy person will entertain new POV. Open mindedness is not a trait monopolized by Ne.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    ..but as far as the Emotivist dichotomy in particular -- i would figure it might influence the semantics, but not as much the beliefs themselves.
    Agreed.

Inspired by smilingeyes' mathematico-mechanical thread.. If T=OOT*CD, F=OOT*NCD, P=I(p)-def(defines)-OOT, J=OOT-def-I, than TJ=OOT*CD-def-I, FP=I-def-OOT*NCD, FJ=OOT*NCD-def-I, TP=I-def-OOT*CD. TJ+FP=OOT*CD-def-I-def-OOT*NCD=T-def-P-def-F. FJ+TP=OOT*NCD-def-I-def-OOT*CD=F-def-P-def-T. Is this type of system-building correct? I don't know. According to Talanov: TJ+FP=T unbalanced, F balanced (unbalanced functions define balanced ones, T and F are in diferrent signal-strenght areas, each of those paired with perceptive function, therefore T-def-P in one signal-strenght area and P-def-F in another, this is in no contradiction with T-def-P-def-F). FJ+TP=F unbalanced, T balanced (unbalanced functions define balanced ones, T and F are in diferrent signal-strenght areas, each of those paired with perceptive function, therefore F-def-P in one signal-strenght area and P-def-T in another, this is in no contradiction with F-def-P-def-T). ..you could do the same thing for Tactical-Strategic. Interesting.

Another way of looking at Constructivist-Emotivist dichotomy. Constructivists are those type which creative function is T, and those types which creative function is closer(on a temperament ring) to T-function when compared with their base function. Emotivists are those types which creative function is F, and those types which creative function is closer(on a temperament ring) to F-function when compared with their base function. ...For Constructivists: distance between creative function and T function is 0 quadra or 1 quadra, distance between base function and T function is 1 or 2 quadra. Distance between creative function and F function is either 1 or 2 quadra, distance between base and F function is either 0 or 1 quadra. ...For Emotivists: distance between creative function and T function is 1 quadra or 2 quadra, distance between base function and T function is 0 or 1 quadra. Distance between creative function and F function is either 0 or 1 quadra, distance between base and F function is either 1 or 2 quadra.
    Last edited by Trevor; 07-11-2009 at 04:45 PM.