Thread: ILEs and "You just have to know it"

Creepy-male

Default ILEs and "You just have to know it"

BP and Vero have expressed to me that "You just have to magically understand everything about Socionics".

Is this an ILE thing? If so, which functions?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    BP and Vero have expressed to me that "You just have to magically understand everything about Socionics".

I haven't said that to you. We've been around this block before, but I'm a little upset that you're misquoting me. I've never said that socionics is about magically understanding. I just don't have the patience to explain it to you for the reasons we've already talked about.

Understanding socionics (for me at least) is about deconstructing the theory to try to understand why and if it works, seeing how that works within my own set of experiences, then talking about my understanding with others to see if I've missed something (basically submit my ideas to peer review).
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    Understanding socionics (for me at least) is about deconstructing the theory to try to understand why and if it works, seeing how that works within my own set of experiences, then talking about my understanding with others to see if I've missed something (basically submit my ideas to peer review).
    And getting angry at other people trying to do the same? :wink:

Anyway, it's not a misquote. It's an exaggeration. They're different, I swear.

Ok, but the basic idea I gleaned from one of your Impatience Attacks was that "Hey Gul, you just need to learn socionics." - I inferred "magically" because you didn't specify how, and I do wonder if you hadn't thought "Feh, this twerp hasn't even tried or looked at a single bloody thing."

Likewise, I got a similar comment from BP when I asked "How do I learn socionics, if you're saying I suck?"
    "Dunno Gul, you just need to magically learn it."

So, I'm wondering if it's an ILE thing. I know Ephemelulz gets impatient with his SEI.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you're talking to me about socionics you in no way discuss your understanding with me. You tell me to explain why/how something works and while I try to explain it you constantly question what I'm saying. Then when I tell you you need to let me finish explaining to show you how everything fits together, you start insulting me by telling me I'm avoiding your questions. I don't have issues answering questions, but your questions were never inquiries. They were continuous attempts to discredit my understanding followed by insults when I told you the answer was coming.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Creepy-male

"The answer's coming."
    "Ok."
    "Screw it, I'm too tired."
    "|:"

NEXT TIME

"The answer's coming."
    "Nah."
    ">["

THEN ON THE FORUMS

"Drama!"
    "Dramaaaaa"
    "Dramadramadramadrama"
    Together: ">["

So I would like to conclude with

"Using Vero as an example was maybe not a good idea"

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The answer's coming."
    "Ok."
    "Screw it, I'm too tired."
    "|:"

NEXT TIME

"The answer's coming."
    "Nah."
    ">["

THEN ON THE FORUMS

"Drama!"
    "Dramaaaaa"
    "Dramadramadramadrama"
    Together: ">["

So I would like to conclude with

"Using Vero as an example was maybe not a good idea"
    You're missing the part where "ok" is replaced by "why can't you just tell me, why are you avoiding the question"

The answer ISN'T magic. It takes explanation, which I can't seem to do with you without bashing my face against a wall. After a while my face starts to hurt and then we move on to "Screw it, I'm too tired."

Also, sometimes when you randomly start talking to me about it it's just not a good time. We live in different time zones. You seem to love asking me to do some time-consuming explaining ~ suppertime when I just got off work or when I'm getting ready to call it a night.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    The answer ISN'T magic. It takes explanation, which I can't seem to do with you without bashing my face against a wall. After a while my face starts to hurt and then we move on to "Screw it, I'm too tired."

Also, sometimes when you randomly start talking to me about it it's just not a good time. We live in different time zones. You seem to love asking me to do some time-consuming explaining ~ suppertime when I just got off work or when I'm getting ready to call it a night.
    Aha!

As Brill explained, I learn through dialogues. That's how I piece through things and assimilate them. I'm not shooting your stuff down, I'm trying to digest it.

We're talking more and more in abstracts though, and I feel it's diverging from actual reality.

Also, I only talk to you when you're signed on on AIM. You're telling me you sign on AIM specifically when you have no energy to do anything and are deploying ENERGY VACUUM MODE. It's a real downer, and makes me feel strained trying to communicate with you (hence my constant attempts at having you exiled from Alpha).

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne isn't really about comprehension of possibilities. That's more Ni. Ne is about comprehension of the contents or essence of something, because it's objective, looking at one aspect at a time. Sure an ILE would say "you just have to know it" as their perception can not be compared to surrounding aspects thus can only be justified through Ti. Who has time to justify things through Ti?
    Last edited by 717495; 07-02-2009 at 02:19 PM.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gulanzon, I think the constant in all your problems with NeTi is you. As in, I don't think anyone could be patient with you after how much trouble you give. For all of the complaining about Vero you do on this board, I have no idea why she still bothers with you. If there was someone I was trying to help and they were posting things like this about me, I'd tell them to figure things out on their own.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    If there was someone I was trying to help and they were posting things like this about me, I'd tell them to figure things out on their own.
    I'm not sure how this thread became a "Fight with Vero" thread.

My original question was a question. No, really.

EDIT

Or even a "Gul's complaining about ILEs again! Let's get him!" thread.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think it might be related to just have a 'knowing' or 'understanding' about something without being able to translate it easily to into words so that others understand. I could be wrong though.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    Gulanzon, I think the constant in all your problems with NeTi is you. As in, I don't think anyone could be patient with you after how much trouble you give. For all of the complaining about Vero you do on this board, I have no idea why she still bothers with you. If there was someone I was trying to help and they were posting things like this about me, I'd tell them to figure things out on their own.
    +1 to this. i wouldn't even be as helpful as vero has before telling you to go fuck yourself and live in ignorance. it's not like she's getting paid, but i propose that she charge a price!
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    I think it might be related to just have a 'knowing' or 'understanding' about something without being able to translate it easily to into words so that others understand. I could be wrong though.
    Related to all Intuitive and Feeling elements, imo.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari