Thread: Type me please

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type me please

I may as well make one of these, since the VI me thread has turned into that.

I've gotten my type down between ESI and EII. I'm leaning toward ESI, but I relate to Ne very well along with agreeing with ESI, so this is where my problem lies.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...me-please.html

That is my VI thread, the first post contains the current pics I have. I need some more "natural" expression pictures, in these I was smiling. I'll repost what I've said about Se vs Ne here, along with other random tidbits-

EIIs are typically negligent of their surroundings and have difficulty keeping track of objects or constantly monitoring things and people around them.

They can be passive and self-absorbed, often preferring to wait for things to happen rather than make them happen. As such, they tend to have quite a number of lost opportunities. To a certain extent, EIIs can be oblivious to hints from someone who is romantically interested in them. Therefore, this gives the other party the wrong impression that they are not interested in them.

Outsiders often think the EII is oblivious to reality because they will often neglect basic needs. Although it is by no means necessary, this may also manifest itself as a general rejection or aversion to violence or force as a means or way of life.
    Not at all.

I do relate to ego Ne.

EIIs have a natural understanding of people's inner makeup and see what can be done with that makeup to bring them closer to ideals. EIIs have a very well-developed view of what people and relationships should be like and are able to help others reach those ideals.

EIIs understand people very well. They often give good advice, and have a strong understanding of the inner workings of even the most complicated minds. They have well developed ideas concerning ideal emotional states for individuals, and always have advice as to how an individual can reach that ideal.
    I can relate to that very well... But I also relate to ego Se. I also relate to super ego Ne.

I'll just type some random stuff about decision making I suppose.

I see the possibilities in everything, but I think that things will definitely go wrong if I go off on a tangent. If I get unrealistic about a concrete situation... that's just no good. So I like to stay grounded in my decision making, I like to make the most realistic choice that I can think of. With the variables that already exist. I just simply think that it's the best thing to do. People often see Ne in me, but that's because we're talking about a theory here. I will get theoretical about a theory, but about real life situations I stick to my guns. I have learned in life (the hard way, via experience) that if you go off on a tangent, jump to conclusions, think of unrealistic possibilities, that this will just make things worse for you.

Surface value is something that every living being can relate to, and it's a good medium for decision making when it comes to people. If the possibilities presented by something at surface value don't add up, then I'll think about what the possible meaning behind the facts I have is. It will cause harm if you jump to conclusions in my opinion, meaning if you actually believe these conclusions. Everyone can be hopeful about something and imagine things that could happen, but it's nice to keep these things close at hand just in case something of that sort happens. Usually I have these conclusions mapped out in my head, ready for when something of that sort will happen.

Another thing to note is that I try to crush my weaknesses. I'm an enneagram 8w9, I try to make myself better, to be the strongest human being I can (mentally). My theory behind this is that I have improved on my weaknesses in POLR Ne (possibly), or in the case of EII, improved on my weaknesses in POLR Se. All of these typological theories, MBTI and socionics, have helped me realize my weaknesses and helped me improve on them. In MBTI I am an INFP. MBTI and socionics are different from each other... and it's to my understanding that your types can be different in each (as in as an INFP in MBTI I don't have to be INFj/EII in socionics).
    Dichotomies wise ehre is what I relate to- (EDIT- See below posts)

I am definitely I, S/N is sort of fuzzy because I'm well rounded I believe, F is obvious, j is clear to me as well.

I'm unable to relate to Si as a mobilizing, I can relate to Ni as mobilizing.

I can relate to Si as a demonstrative, I don't really think that Ni as a demonstrative has a good definition... but with the one I have it's sort of fuzzy. I don't see it as a "game" or as being "silly". I tend to get caught up in big picture thinking, it's like I will see something happen or experience something and then evaluate how that fits into my life and my "big picture" unconsciously. When something significant happens to me I consciously think about what it means to me, and then evaluate it's importance based on how it fits into my life and future. An example would be evaluating a person, "I get a good vibe from this guy, we seem to get along and have some common interests, I think he will make a good friend in the long run" or "I get a bad feeling from this guy, our communication seems a bit rocky, I don't think this will go very well". This is after a good bit of observation, I have to constantly observe and evaluate someone more and more based on their behavior to make a just judgment.

Anyways. What do you think? Ask me some questions that would clarify this matter for you. The help is appreciated!
    Last edited by BlackCat; 06-29-2009 at 11:59 PM. Reason: clarity
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot to post about relationships.

I can basically relate to the ESI's relationships. ENTp/ILE is definitely my conflictor, LIE is definitely my dual, ILI is definitely my activator. I agree wholeheartedly with the benefit relations of the ESI.

Conflicting with the SLE just doesn't make sense to me. I love love love SLEs, they are cool people. ILEs, I've just had the opposite. With these people I've wanted to stay out of their way, wanted to not associate with them, feel uncomfortable around them, etc. They are basically my definite conflictor. I don't really see LSEs as a dual as much as I do LIEs. Yep.
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post

I can basically relate to the ESI's relationships. ENTp/ILE is definitely my conflictor, LIE is definitely my dual, ILI is definitely my activator. I agree wholeheartedly with the benefit relations of the ESI.

Conflicting with the SLE just doesn't make sense to me. I love love love SLEs, they are cool people. ILEs, I've just had the opposite. With these people I've wanted to stay out of their way, wanted to not associate with them, feel uncomfortable around them, etc. They are basically my definite conflictor. I don't really see LSEs as a dual as much as I do LIEs. Yep.
    That's indeed a lot of stuff that clearly points towards ESI.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if you want to be typed with any accuracy you need to explain how you relate to each function. Saying you relate to X function may be true, but it is also likely that you have some misunderstandings of the functions. I was doing the same thing.

I got this link from ArchonAlarion and it helped clarify some things.
    Socionix Articles: Theoretical Discussion - Socionix
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post

it seems you have turned ILI in one day. How come?

Because this would mean that all your relationship typings are wrong...

TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its hard to tell with cats o.O
    "If you can find out little melodies for yourself on the piano it is all very well. But if they come of themselves when you are not at the piano, then you have still greater reason to rejoice; for then the inner sense of music is astir in you. The fingers must make what the head wills, not vice versa."- Robert Schumann

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty solid on my ESI typing as of now. I've learned a lot more about socionics and it's become more clear to me every day that I'm ESI. But thanks for your input either way!

To answer your questions- Yes I daydream a lot, but that's only when I'm not doing anything or when I'm bored. Otherwise I'm totally focused. That seems pretty normal.

I'm not interested in history at all, seems pretty useless to me. I have an easy time finding my way in real life.

I am highly critical and criticize a lot. With my friends I'll often tell them what I think of stuff... it's entertaining.
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well since then I've given the dichotomies another look this is what I came up with with the ones I relate to, the OP was a while ago for me (at least it feels that way). I've been reading into this more rigorously and it's become more clear to me the definitions of some things. I think I was in an off mood when I stated the dichotomies I related to before... since these are the updated ones.

Static, yielding, democrat, tactical, constructivist, carefree, serious, decisive, negativist, result, asker.

I think before I just wasn't really clear on the definitions, but I did some more soul searching and introspection and realized that these were me. Before I was just unclear with what I posted. I am not Judicious... These definitions are just unclear and confused me at first.
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp