Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Response Time

Is its extorverted/introverted

or rational/irrational?

I'm asking this because of self-typing.

I've noticed that part of the definition of rational says they respond immediately to words, actions, and emotions. Where as irrational says “delayed” response; react not to words, actions, and emotions but to changes in their inner state created by words, actions, and emotions.

Although I hear people telling me how I come off more ENTp because I have shorter response and thinking time.

How contradictory is that?

Should it be the other way around, and is it determined more by extroversion/introversion?

I have heard this before in MBTI, that introverts have a longer and slower thought channel.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    An educated guess:

Extroversion
    Sensing
    Perceiving
    Carefree
    Dynamic
    Aristocratic
    Result

Are all these dichotomies of same importance? Are they relevant at all?
    I don't understand. Are you implying short response time or long response time? It seems from typical definitions that irrationals would have longer response times.

ISTp 6
    ESTp 5
    ENFp 5
    ISFp 4
    INFp 4
    ENTj 4
    ESTj 4
    ESFj 4
    ENFj 4
    ISTj 3
    ISFj 3
    ENTp 3
    ESFp 3
    INTp 2
    INTj 1
    INFj 1

Hm..ESFp got just 3 points. I know one ESFp with superior time response. What's wrong with me, God?
    Interesting...

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have that quick of response time, but others make the observation that I still make rash analyses on here. Otherwise make plenty of posts. However I can be just the opposite any time. I can have constant thoughts and never come to a conclusion. My initial thought would be to "forget" ever thinking about it.

So maybe response time has more to do with internal state, as in "I have an answer, but I just don't feel like giving it just yet" would be indicative of EP. "I need to think about my answer more, so I can give it" would be indicative of IJ. This might line up with the introverted characteristic of being "more involved in the situation" than extroverts.

My wording is a bit off, but what do you think of the idea?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I have a slow response time "catching the ball" in real life, and I do think my introversion has to do with that, because I have a difficult time taking things out of the context of "ME." Oddly on the forums it doesn't seem this way. Maybe because there are not many balls thrown here

Then speaking of rationality/irrationality, I do have a somewhat slow response time, needing to affect my inner state so to speak. Also there is not that feeling of responsibility to respond. Usually it is my inner state of emotions that tells me I should respond.

So it doesn't make sense that I'm INTj or ENTp! Heh.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I see that some aspects of response time correlates to the judicious/decisive dichotomy.