Thread: School of Associative Socionics: "Butterfly" model of a human psyche

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    I know. Thought it is some kind of Russian site only.
    I need to translate the information from Russian to English and I do not like doing that. That is why there is not much there to read yet.
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, chakras... the kiss of death for any avenue of qualitative research.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Ah, chakras... the kiss of death for any avenue of qualitative research.
    Chackras - the most shocking and critical point in the theory? Ok, not to worry about chakras. Theory is not about them, but about physilogyand type and connection to colour and music preferences! Chakras is the attempt of seeing the picture as a whole - how the new concept could relate to the old ones.

The article is not about a scientific research or statistics but about the subjective concept on objective matters: how physiology and type fit in what is known about psychic energy. See it as as lyrics of the artivle if you wish - I do not have problem with it.

I write often about God in my posts but you do not have to believe it. However, I have got right to express my subjective views and values in what I write. All theories are subjective to a certain degree as they come from a subject and not an object. What is really important that the reader sees in the aritcle the forest behind the bushes.

Anyway, I am glad that the English language in the article seems to be OK and you understand the concept. Thanks for reading. I agree that the part about chacras could be a bit boring.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Olga you are a licensed psychologist, yes? Then you make your peers look bad with your color theory crap... and yes, the color theory is just as bad as the chakras because it can't be proven. What is your motivation anyway, to be some kind of sorceress, or to think of yourself as such?
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 08-03-2012 at 09:08 PM.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Olga you are a licensed psychologist, yes? Then you make your peers look bad with your color theory crap... and yes, the color theory is just as bad as the chakras because it can't be proven. What is your motivation anyway, to be some kind of sorceress, or to think of yourself as such?
    I am sure you know some psychologists or psychoanalysts who wrote about psychic energy and colors. No need to look so narrow at the concept of color theory.
    And yes it can be proven, why not? We have tests which are some partly and some fully based on color preferences and not just colors. We plan to do the tests for art, music and photo preferences. Help is wellcome for the tecnical part and translartion first of all.
    What creative work have you done in socionics BTW?
    Are you an author?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olga View Post
    I am sure you know some psychologists or psychoanalysts who wrote about psychic energy and colors. No need to look so narrow at the concept of color theory.
    And yes it can be proven, why not? We have tests which are some partly and some fully based on color preferences and not just colors. We plan to do the tests for art, music and photo preferences. Help is wellcome for the tecnical part and translartion first of all.
    What creative work have you done in socionics BTW?
    Are you an author?
    What is that supposed to mean?

You realize you're about to get laughed off the forum (and out of the community) I take it?

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jung spent many years in formal research looking into ESP and psychic energy in an attempt to explain how people tend to be more right than wrong without any psychological or intellectual explanation.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Jung spent many years in formal research looking into ESP and psychic energy in an attempt to explain how people tend to be more right than wrong without any psychological or intellectual explanation.
    But he never bought into it.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But he never bought into it.
    I dunno, the difficulty is that the theory has to match the heuristics; hence is persistence. It doesn't. It's always useful work opening the box even if it is simply to exclude the box from further investigation.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, the difficulty is that the theory has to match the heuristics; hence is persistence. It doesn't. It's always useful work opening the box even if it is simply to exclude the box from further investigation.
    That is ridiculous.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is ridiculous.
    Not at all.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not at all.
    Yes it is. It's a categorical waste of resources when you can make major progress in a short time by simply going where the evidence is rather than spending only a few resources to explore the most likely lead and a comparable amount exploring unlikely leads. Probability matters.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it is. It's a categorical waste of resources when you can make major progress in a short time by simply going where the evidence is rather than spending only a few resources to explore the most likely lead and a comparable amount exploring unlikely leads. Probability matters.
    You do not understand.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do not understand.
    I think this is a Ti vs Te conflict, tbh.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You realize you're about to get laughed off the forum (and out of the community) I take it?
    I could have written exactly what you wrote me now after this:

Originally Posted by tcaudilllg

"Olga you are a licensed psychologist, yes? Then you make your peers look bad with your color theory crap... and yes, the color theory is just as bad as the chakras because it can't be proven. What is your motivation anyway, to be some kind of sorceress, or to think of yourself as such?"

This is what I call shit storming and not brain storming. Tcaud, you are boring.....

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bingo. Not to mention alchemy.

TIM
    Te-ILI; 5w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Color preferences would not prove anything because the model sucks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't agree with the spiritual/developmental stuff, but the concept of correlating colors/frequencies with psych functions seems like it probably has merit. is there more background on that or are these just postulates?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justen View Post
    i don't agree with the spiritual/developmental stuff, but the concept of correlating colors/frequencies with psych functions seems like it probably has merit. is there more background on that or are these just postulates?
    Hi Justin, what background? do you mean research? We have not done experiments as such but our tests work similar to the other tests and results are similar. I always ask for the results of other socionics tests.
    We have a lot of data wich proves the correlation between the choice of colors/color combinations with the the TPE - group and types. Obviously more correlation exists between the choice of color and TPE group rather than type. The type level is more detailed. Tests at the moment do not aime to prove the type of the person by color preference but only the TPE group and TPE oppostion, which is tha basis for type and subtype.

We are thinking about the color-music tests wich will differentiate between the types as well and not just TPE dynamics. It is all possible.

The core of the concept is that color preferences correlate with the physilogy on the level of stable features like type& temperament rather than in the concept of Max Lusher - as a psychophysilogical profile in realtion to normality - abnormality. I argue the point that color-music and similar preferences are not about normalty and abnormality in a first place but about personality differences of all normal people. It is about typology.
    As we know that the experiment ( only one) about the correlation of Lusher test and Eysenck Personality Test did not find the correaltion significant. It could be the reason why not.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gravolez View Post
    Color preferences would not prove anything because the model sucks.
    This is the traditional view on individual preferences and we are about to change it for now and ever. Our choices and preferences are not that accidential as they seem to be and do correlate with our physiology of course.

For example, types and duality. People search for the compensation independinently of the theory of socionics compatibility. Theory is good for explaining this phenomenon. And once we have a rational expalnation we can intervene and control the situation even better than before. Now we about to answer the question why we prefer different music and colours and different styles and designs.?..what mechanisms and rational is behind all that? Is anything similar between the people who prefer the same or very similar music and colors?

"The model sucks" is not an argument but just a subjective evaluation without any reasonable explanation- another shit storming (SS). SS happens usually because of luck of the logical brainactivity or wider knowledge about the subject. May be, also laziness to explain the point of view is the reason and disrespect to the opponent.

"The model sucks" is nothing on the informational level except showing how "you as a subject relate to the object". Obviously there will be people who likes or dislikes the concept - no doubt about that. BUT...it is not what is valued in the discussion, really. Valued are logical arguments which can show how much thought, sense and truth is behind the statement: TI + NE

TIM
    Te-ILI; 5w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By "The model sucks" I mean: the model sucks so much that there is absolutely no worth in even trying to explain how I reached that conclusion and why esoteric bullshit sucks. I don't really care about giving you arguments because if you believe in esoteric bullshit no reasonable arguments would work to stray you from your beliefs.
    Otherwise there might be or there might not be a correlation between color preference and type but it wouldn't mean a thing if you are going to explain it with chakras.
    As far as musical preferences go I have noticed correlation between type and musical preferences but it is far from definitive and there is a much more noticeable correlation between what art people create and their type rather than what art people like and their type.
    Aesthetic preferences within people of the same type can vary greatly, although there is a preference for certain themes or attitude.

Creepy-Snaps

I like turdles.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi Olga, thanks for responding. what intrigued me was how the colors move descending through the spectrum (with the exception of , wherein purple and pink are not on the spectrum but are mixtures) with direct functional correlation to dcnh. the specific color assignments to functions make sense to me, but i'm wondering if there was a framework used to determine them.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Olga I'll share with you what I know about personality, on the condition that you give up the color stuff and the chakras. Probably the music stuff, too. I don't think these have anything in common with type or even dual-type (and definitely not DCNH). If we go forward claiming that they are, we'll look bad in the eyes of the neurologists, and I don't think Gulenko would be too hot for it either. You can't just run ramshod over Ti, hon... people have an instinct to see Ti egos as the highest intellectual authorities.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Olga I'll share with you what I know about personality, on the condition that you give up the color stuff and the chakras. Probably the music stuff, too. I don't think these have anything in common with type or even dual-type (and definitely not DCNH). If we go forward claiming that they are, we'll look bad in the eyes of the neurologists, and I don't think Gulenko would be too hot for it either. You can't just run ramshod over Ti, hon... people have an instinct to see Ti egos as the highest intellectual authorities.

I like turdles...

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    Te-ILI; 5w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... people have an instinct to see Ti egos as the highest intellectual authorities.
    Yes, .... right .... it is more important if someone is Ti ego and not if he is actually intelligent.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justen View Post
    hi Olga, thanks for responding. what intrigued me was how the colors move descending through the spectrum (with the exception of , wherein purple and pink are not on the spectrum but are mixtures) with direct functional correlation to dcnh. the specific color assignments to functions make sense to me, but i'm wondering if there was a framework used to determine them.
    Framework...none! For me it was an insight while I was chatting on this forum. Later I have asked Reinin for his opinion and from him I heard the first time about Lusher. There was no work before about socionicsand colour except the Gulenko idea of some of the functions correlated with Lusher's theory. Whoever wrote whatever after that also build up ideas only based on Lusher' theory. What I brought to socioncis was a new look at the colours/music and functions. Some other socionists tried before me to relate music to cosnionics but without much success.
    What is good about associative theory that it is logically consistant and gives opportunity to explore and explain not just music & color preferences but a lot of other things. I see the potential in AT as it would be a shape which could be filled with the content.
    There was a theory about functions and chacras by Woronin which I found out later. It was a very different explanation.

For me chacras are not that important as I do not know what to do with them as such. I am not into esoterics. However there is nothing much about colors and energy there (is it?) as about chacras. I thought that there is some sence in relating to chacras as it is all about psychic energy and colors. It is beautiful and the perfect match for me!

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, color meanings are culturally conditioned. They have nothing to do with personality except where they affect mood (and mood has nothing to do with socionics).

The reason the work on color wasn't continued is because the Ukrainians realized it was a dead end. It's the same reason people are no longer running rats in mazes testing Clark Hull's theories: it's a dead end.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By "The model sucks" I mean: the model sucks so much that there is absolutely no worth in even trying to explain how I reached that conclusion and why esoteric bullshit sucks. I don't really care about giving you arguments because if you believe in esoteric bullshit no reasonable arguments would work to stray you from your beliefs.
    Is it really necessary? Is it some sort of discrimination on the grounds of beliefs?
    I would say -give it a go! May be I will understand your reasonable arguments... within the reason.

Otherwise there might be or there might not be a correlation between color preference and type but it wouldn't mean a thing if you are going to explain it with chakras.
    I am sorry if my article left you with a feeling that it is all about chacras. No, it is not. It is more about physiology. Type is a reflection of our physic qualities and so what we like as regards to colour music style and etc is also connected to type. BUT being an ethical type and a Believer - big time - it is definetly about psychic energy and how it express itself in people, color, music in us and all around us. Why not to see it that way? I am sure that for some people it makes a perfect sence.

However, I do not mind if anybody find later a different explanation to it - like the missing XX gene and etc.: lol: No need to fight about the form - it is not that important as the meaning as it is a new perspective to explore.

As far as musical preferences go I have noticed correlation between type and musical preferences but it is far from definitive and there is a much more noticeable correlation between what art people create and their type rather than what art people like and their type.
    Aesthetic preferences within people of the same type can vary greatly, although there is a preference for certain themes or attitude.
    Sure. It is not as simple as it seems. But it works as a tendency and I am here to explain, teach and carry on learning myself. The hidden information is huge out there. I touched a new surface with AT and I am glad I did.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

InvisibleJim
    Thanks for the info - this is cool! Can you give the reference to this website? Or was it just a picture on google?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, color meanings are culturally conditioned. They have nothing to do with personality except where they affect mood (and mood has nothing to do with socionics).

The reason the work on color wasn't continued is because the Ukrainians realized it was a dead end. It's the same reason people are no longer running rats in mazes testing Clark Hull's theories: it's a dead end.
    You are quick to judge
    Your argument has a dead end and mine - does not! Cultures and langauges are a part of psychic energy. We as individuals and as members of nations and so are the cultures are expression of psychic energy. Didn't I told earlier, that the theory is about psychic energy? Look wider....no end.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must be joking. You can not create anything if you think this way....to many limits for the open mind!

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

InvisibleJim
    Thanks for the info - this is cool! Can you give the reference to this website? Or was it just a picture on google?
    It's something that pops up now and again.

Search for 'Information is Beautiful' and 'Colours'

TIM
    Te-ILI; 5w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it really necessary? Is it some sort of discrimination on the grounds of beliefs?
    I would say -give it a go! May be I will understand your reasonable arguments... within the reason.
    You are incorporating your beliefs into something that is supposedly science and then you urge people to disprove you.
    I don't think you understand how ridiculous is that. Even if you were able to perform good experiments to prove or disprove your hypothesis I am pretty sure you'd use a leap of faith where necessary to keep believing in this shit.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must be joking. You can not create anything if you think this way....to many limits for the open mind!
    :ducks: T EGO INCOMING!

Give them a little rope, and a true esoterist will always hang themselves.

TIM
    Te-ILI; 5w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with having an open mind is that people will try to put things in it.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Sociotheosophy, herp derp. You cue Yanni, I'll get the bongo drums and crystals.

Someone get the bong.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:ducks: T EGO INCOMING!

Give them a little rope, and a true esoterist will always hang themselves.
    Nothing else to say except stigmatize me as esoterist or T ego while I said that I am not an esoterist?
    The post was rather about the freedom of Ne than Ti.

No matter what they call us....

I don't know why you put so much attention to what other people will say and how they are going to judge? (Weak ethics and strong Ti? )
    People will judge how they want to which is normal. And nobody is perfect, even Gulenko. He has got criticism as well. And who does not?

No matter what they tell us...

TIM
    Te-ILI; 5w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Olga, I like your enthusiasm but you are not using the scientific method at all. You can't just come up with some nonsense based on other nonsense, which has not been proven scientifically and then say: "prove me wrong if you can" or "People will judge how they want to which is normal. ".
    You might be on to something or maybe not. But this is not the right approach and it does not bring meaningful information.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast