Thread: Rational vs Irrational Semi-duality relationships

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rational vs Irrational Semi-duality relationships

I was thinking about how their is a significant difference for semi duals depending on whether it is a rational or irrational pair. Rational pairs match a thinker with a feeler (LSE and ESI) but irrational pairs match feelers with feelers (SEE and IEI) or thinkers with thinkers (SLI and ILE). Do you think this makes some semi dual couples more favorable than others?
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not only that; in irrational semi-duals the erotic attitudes axis is identical to duality, whereas for rationals it isn't (it's the same in illusion instead).

The crux of the issue is that model A assumes that the most important axis is that of the 1st and 5th functions - base and dual-seeking - regardless of that they are.

So, for instance, another way of putting the same question is:

- rational semi-duals - both intuitive, or both sensors
    - irrational semi-duals - one intuitive, one sensor

If you go beyond the basic point of semi-duality - that it's a positive relationship based on the same main axis as duality - I think you have to look at a lot of other issues.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that I'm supposed to have incompatible erotic attitudes with my illusion partner and all that crap that suggests that semi-duality should work better etc, but I've found that I'm about as heavily attracted to SEEs as I am to ILEs and that long term relationships in my life tend to lean heavily on the Te/Fi axis in order to prevail. Or at least that's what (I think) I've observed.

- As a side note, I'd like to add that ILEs I've gotten close to have usually been very acceptive of my Fi rants and displays, regardless of their personal views or inability to assist me in my weak ethical areas.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking that among irrational semi-duals, the ethical-ethical pairs would work better than the logical-logical pairs.
    Last edited by marooned; 06-04-2009 at 03:29 AM. Reason: apparently i left "semi" out of "semi-dual"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    I'm the same, I'm more attracted to ILEs than SEEs. (lol @ the paradox of that phrase)
    I dunno about this. I think I prefer SEEs. Tho I've only known one or two male SEEs and only dated one. Never dated an ILE. One asked me out but I thought he was crazy (he was like one of those mad scientist types who is actually very cool but emotionally immature and this was back in college).
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I was thinking that among irrational semi-duals, the ethical-ethical pairs would work better than the logical-logical pairs.
    Why?
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I dunno about this. I think I prefer SEEs. Tho I've only known one or two male SEEs and only dated one. Never dated an ILE. One asked me out but I thought he was crazy (he was like one of those mad scientist types who is actually very cool but emotionally immature and this was back in college).
    I think the issue is more complex than just socionics. Take erotic attitudes: what's the use if there is compatibility there but the other person has a suppressed sexuality? There is no way to describe how yummy a certain SEE has been (sexually speaking) but I've met another one that had what I believe to be a repressed sexuality and everything was wrong in the bed. The second one had a certain idea about how things should go on and let's say it was very boring and limited.
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    or it could just be caused by the particular people we have met.
    probably this.

but I agree with you that gamma SFs are different aggressors than beta STs. Lord.
    IEI-Fe 4w3