Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: still fake gammas here?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default still fake gammas here?

Are there still a ton of fake gammas around here?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only if it will convince you to go away.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you still trying to get laid by an INTp with no success?

The man with the plan MasterfulMischief's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would you even start this thread? It just comes across as attention seeking in the worst possible way. Nobody cares that you think a lot of people are mistyped, especially since you've clearly already voiced that opinion before.

Your retardedness is scaring your duals away. Maybe you are the one who is mistyped?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoodrat View Post
    who were the fake gamma's according to you? just curious.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Hoodrat: Yes.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by incognito View Post
    What is your methodology for 'smelling out' a fake gamma?
    lol

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by incognito View Post
    What is your methodology for 'smelling out' a fake gamma? I'm not entirely convinced I'm a gamma. I'm open to your observations. Are you a male SEE? And if so, how many female ILIs have you dated or befriended? And, what are they like? How can you tell if they are ILI? I'd like to hear your views.

Edit: I should add, what makes you certain you are a gamma? It's one thing to state there are a ton of fake gammas, but, this assumes you are a true gamma. What makes you a true gamma? From I've read from some of your posts here and on the socionwiki, you could be a Beta ST.
    Hoodrat is probably aiming at Niffweed, since Hoodrat thinks he's an LII instead of ILI. They've got some never ending fights over it, if I remember correctly.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That rascal!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks allie, just checking (lol)

Creepy-Diana

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Misconceptions of the Elements

Belief that fear of intimacy and concealed emotional expression = Gamma

Belief that Gamma's are "badass" or like smart, but wisecracking and not giving a shit how anyone feels about it. Yeah!

Belief that Si is about silly, petty shit like "comfort" and aunts shoving cookies down their throats

Belief that Fi means being an individual and that Fe is groupthink

Belief that Ni = concern over the future and imagination

Belief that throwing up random wikipedia articles makes you Fe devaluing and Te ego

and on and on and on...
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's settled then; jung was ILI.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Misconceptions of the Elements

Belief that fear of intimacy and concealed emotional expression = Gamma

Belief that Gamma's are "badass" or like smart, but wisecracking and not giving a shit how anyone feels about it. Yeah!

Belief that Si is about silly, petty shit like "comfort" and aunts shoving cookies down their throats

Belief that Fi means being an individual and that Fe is groupthink

Belief that Ni = concern over the future and imagination

Belief that throwing up random wikipedia articles makes you Fe devaluing and Te ego

and on and on and on...
    To be honest man, I dont like over complicated description either, it is like it can get carry away to a point that it is not waht the infromation element is.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am glad we could all overcome these petty differences and see that jung is clearly ILI.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

glam you like totally missed my point lol.

Btw your part on Si is my argument. thank you for elaborating.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't think that a lot of people here really GET what socionics actually is....

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    What's so special about gamma that would make people want to claim to be part of it when they weren't? Why gamma in particular?
    It isn't Gamma in particular. Doesn't this happen with every quadra? There's nothing “special” about Gamma, nor any other typing, quadra, etc. in Socionics. They're just types, and any preference is due to intertype, not objective worth for Christ's sake.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm glad we agree that jung was ILI.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    i'm glad we agree that jung was ILI.
    When are we meeting for coffee?

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

Creepy-Diana

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamma types get lost in the technical aspects of socionics. Putting all the pieces of socionics together one by one, with Te and Ni .. One missing piece can fuck the whole thing up. And that really seems to matter, with Gamma. Other quadras will gloss over a missing piece. Maybe they won't know what they're talking about.. but in those instances they'll be less forward. Once one of these missing pieces incorrectly informs a Gammas Se & Fi impressions.. Well, that piece of information embeds itself in the Gammas mind like a rootkit.. It can never be traced by outsiders, but it will consistently create wrongly informed conclusions .. Until the Gamma can finally sniff this virus down on their own, and rewrite over it.
    Last edited by crazedrat; 03-31-2009 at 03:34 AM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratjunior View Post
    Gamma types get lost in the technical aspects of socionics. Putting all the pieces of socionics together one by one, with Te and Ni .. One missing piece can fuck the whole thing up. And that really seems to matter, with Gamma. Other quadras will gloss over a missing piece. Maybe they won't know what they're talking about.. but in those instances they'll be less forward. Once one of these missing pieces incorrectly informs a Gammas Se & Fi impressions.. Well, that piece of information embeds itself in the Gammas mind like a rootkit.. It can never be traced by outsiders, but it will consistently create wrongly informed conclusions .. Until the Gamma can finally sniff this virus down on their own, and rewrite over it.
    Wait, what? One missing piece can mess it up? That sounds closer to to me, although it isn't quite that either... should be very good at dealing with the uncertainty of missing information. And for , the information just isn't there... it's up to the introtim element to care.

So Gamma is the only quadra that will make assumptions and still think they know what they're talking about?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So your point is... that there are a ton of fake gammas here? Thanks for stirring up more pointless dissension.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamma will jump to conclusions when they don't have all the facts .. Ni & Te. And they do it alot. That's what I'm saying, basically. The other quadras seem to hold back more from doing that. They wouldn't really know how to do it as well, anyway.
    Gammas usually make a good leap, but not always. And yes, Ni is a strong function in Gamma.
    "one missing piece" messes things up in the sense the piece is ignored and skipped over, but it's an important piece. So that is a negative manifestation of Ti. It was created due to a minor error in Ni and/or Te. If you skip over things where you shouldn't of and reach an incorrect conclusion; and continue operating on your assumptions without re-examining them, you are working with a rootkit like virus in your head.
    Alpha on the other hand seems to take something which should make pretty good sense, and reduce it to a babble of directionless analysis.
    Last edited by crazedrat; 03-31-2009 at 01:00 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might say Beta occasionally makes these 'bad jumps' too; but that it has to do with Ni/Fe and not Ni/Te. Making bad jumps which create an elaborate web of flawed Fi (the weak beta function).. it results in having poorly calibrated emotional impressions. This misguides how one views the atmosphere of things .. You can see it in glamouramas post:

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    so knowing this, and seeing you label "comfort" (something you evaluate with Si) as "petty shit" makes me think that you are not of an Si-valuing quadra, though you type yourself as Alpha.
    her conclusion makes no sense, but at least we know how she got to be so stupid now.
    Last edited by crazedrat; 03-31-2009 at 06:02 AM.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, I don't understand what your argument or point was then; please elaborate? because from what I could tell, you were trying to give examples of "misconceptions" of the IM elements which could lead people into thinking they are Gamma when they actually are not. what I was doing was going through each point to comment, including to correct you on some things that you said are misconceptions that aren't actually misconceptions.

what I was trying to say about Si is that it is an aspect of reality that we all must deal with - the one that deals with physical sensations. no aspect of reality is unimportant in the grand scheme of things. but you will place more importance on some than others - that's why the quadras exist. you will process information with varying levels of skill and emphasis - that's why different functional arrangements exist (the sixteen types.) we are capable of processing all of the information that reality hands us - that's why all eight IM elements have a place in your psyche as functions.

so knowing this, and seeing you label "comfort" (something you evaluate with Si) as "petty shit" makes me think that you are not of an Si-valuing quadra, though you type yourself as Alpha.

and if you are going to reply with: "but comfort has nothing to do with Si...!" well, *sigh* in advance.
    Actually, I do enjoy "comfort and aesthetics" in the classic Alpha sense. The idea that I do not is a total misconception.

Also Si types commonly behave in a way to increase or change aesthetics. Never denied that.

My point is approximately what you're saying. That EVERYONE enjoys comfort.

But who'd a thunk it: Si is the external dynamics of fields does it say, "The external dynamics of fields as only applies to the human body"? Fuckin NOPE.

However certain "gammas" here repeat that BS (or its equivalent in different words) all over the various forums along with some choice things about Fe.

Ya see, Si is not limited to the human body and amazingly does not have to imply a preference! woah! brain blast!

"But wait Archon/God, are you possibly saying that i was a dumbass this whole time and that the external dynamics of fields might find an interest in astrophysics, macro biology, or even economics! That is proposterous! Si is dumb and stuff and has to do with cookies and aunties as aforementioned."

So the point... The point is that whilst aesthetics is a common interest of Si it is NOT the only interest.

I would disagree about being able to perceive via all the IM's, but w/e.
    The end is nigh

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"But wait Archon/God, are you possibly saying that i was a dumbass this whole time and that the external dynamics of fields might find an interest in astrophysics, macro biology, or even economics! That is proposterous! Si is dumb and stuff and has to do with cookies and aunties as aforementioned."

So the point... The point is that whilst aesthetics is a common interest of Si it is NOT the only interest.
    yay!

+1 cookie.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My point is approximately what you're saying. That EVERYONE enjoys comfort.

But who'd a thunk it: Si is the external dynamics of fields does it say, "The external dynamics of fields as only applies to the human body"? Fuckin NOPE.

Ya see, Si is not limited to the human body and amazingly does not have to imply a preference! woah! brain blast!

I would disagree about being able to perceive via all the IM's, but w/e.
    +1

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you give some names.

(I won't go discussing wether you're right or wrong, I'm just curious)

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Choose your functions experiment

Pick the 4 below that you most relate to, are 'closest to home'. They'll probably be very obvious to everyone, so try to pretend they're not, and try to look at them fresh.

1) I see what could be, my thoughts run in scattered directions, web-like or branching. Rather than just see what is, I think of what might be. I see the potential in people or objects. Or, I'm more theoretical and intuitive and 'in my head, exploring the alternative trains of ideas and the what-could-bes' as opposed to being grounded in something more physical and tangible and forceful.

4) I'm most aware of how physical things connect to each other, gears, aesthetics, machines, the human body etc. Cause and effect of tangible processes is easy and natural for me.

6) I am very aware of the underlying process, what's going on 'beneath the surface' of an individual or group, and the 'vibes' or atmosphere of a group. The political atmosphere, or general sentiment is easy for me to pick up.

8) I form definitive, categorical connections between people/things, and easily deal with laws, or structure, or mentally organize data
    I'm assuming # 4 is Si. That is not a bad way of describing it. In fact, most of those descriptions are quite fine =).
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so we're all on the same page here; it is universally incontrovertible that jung was ILI.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so we're all on the same page here; it is universally incontrovertible that jung was ILI.
    I thought he was an ESE.

1)

2)

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so it seems that we've all reached an acquiescence that jung was ILI.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so why did you call it "petty shit"?

but not everybody is constantly evaluating reality that way, is good at doing so, is impressed by people who are good at it, wants help with it, or makes it a major and/or default focus of their lives.

of course the Si aspect of reality does not only apply to the human body. but I was talking about "comfort" in particular, so in that case it would involve the human body.

such as?

I already know and agree with the first part, and don't understand what you mean by the second part.

er, I don't really understand your point here either.

cool, I agree.

I don't understand how you would think humans are somehow completely blind to half of reality, but w/e.
    Glam, I'm sorry if the flashing neon light "sarcasm" sign was not enough in Archon's original post. I will take the liberties of alerting Archon that he needs to make his sign larger and to have greater attention brought to it through the use of a mariachi band and fire-juggling polar bears on miniature unicycles.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so we've all conceded by this time that jung was ILI.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so we've all conceded by this time that jung was ILI.
    Not unless Jung is an ILI, in which case, Jung is an ILI.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast