Thread: Edward James Olmos and his character in BG

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Edward James Olmos and his character in BG

What type are they? I don't know the character's name, I just watch a little when my husband is watching the show so I'm not an expert on it. What type is the president's type in that show too?

I remember the old BG. It was silly but fun.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battlestar Galactica

Admiral William Adama: His type has actually been a hot topic of debate here and elsewhere. While opinions have changed here and there, here are some typings from elsewhere.
    - Jxrtes: SLE
    - Discojoe: LSE or SLI
    - Joy: ? neither Alpha nor Gamma ?
    - Niffweed: ESI
    - Loki: ESI

Laura Roslin: Much like Adama, there are typings all over the place for ex-President Laura Roslin.
    - Jxrtes: IEI
    - Discojoe: EII or ESI (leaning towards ESI)
    - Joy: ? neither Alpha nor Gamma ?
    - Niffweed: ESI
    - Loki: EII (but questioning)
    - Logos: EIE
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kind of feel like the character is ESI but I see very good arguments for Beta ST. That's why I wondered. It feels like he's an Fi type to me, but on the other hand I can see the whole Beta thing too. Se seems really likely to me. Anyway, characters can be hard to type because, say Olmos is an ESI but the character is a Beta ST, there could be some cary-over from his type to the character's type. But I'll admit I've only watched this a bit while my husband was watching. I just found his character really interesting. I guess I would say I think ESI first and Beta ST otherwise.

Her character is tougher to me but seems more touchy-feely and diplomatic. Beta ST seems unlikely to me anyway.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I remember the old BG. It was silly but fun.
    The old Battlestar Galactica was godly, the new one is rape.

Adama has no type.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    The old Battlestar Galactica was godly, the new one is rape.

Adama has no type.
    they are two different things... I liked the old one when I was kid, can't watch it now though. the special effects are way too cheesy (how many times can you show the same viper coming out of the launch tube or cylon shit getting blowed up (mirroring the sequence of course to double it ))

anyways... in defense of the new seiries, it's something totally different from the old one. And I love it just as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    anyways... in defense of the new seiries, it's something totally different from the old one. And I love it just as much.
    It would be ok show, if they would have called the serie something else, and dropped the stolen character names.

Or alternatively, they should have continued the old story-line.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    It would be ok show, if they would have called the serie something else, and dropped the stolen character names.

Or alternatively, they should have continued the old story-line.
    depends on if they were going to continue from the end of Battlestar Galactica or from Battlestar Galactica 84... I don't know if you saw that one or not, but good God, it was fucking awfull!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I kind of feel like the character is ESI but I see very good arguments for Beta ST. That's why I wondered. It feels like he's an Fi type to me, but on the other hand I can see the whole Beta thing too. Se seems really likely to me. Anyway, characters can be hard to type because, say Olmos is an ESI but the character is a Beta ST, there could be some cary-over from his type to the character's type. But I'll admit I've only watched this a bit while my husband was watching. I just found his character really interesting. I guess I would say I think ESI first and Beta ST otherwise.
    I think that he is an Fi-valuer, but I'm not entirely sure that he is an Fi-ego type.

Also, his son Apollo is fairly widely typed as an ESI too, but the two characters definitely do not seem to be of the same type.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box