Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: After doing that reading I've been putting off and delaying for so long

  1. #1
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default After doing that reading I've been putting off and delaying for so long...

    I finally reached a conclusion.

    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  2. #2
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Awesome!

    We can be duals now

    Have you thought of a subtype?

  3. #3
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    I'm happy for you that you've reached a conclusion on it T.

  4. #4
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is pretty funny because in your first thread, the type thread, we were talking about driving and you were saying the same things I thought about. And then I copied you with my type thread.

    creepy.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  5. #5
    Haikus Sirena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    GAH, US
    TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Posts
    2,549
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good for you tereg!

    @Kam: I love your avatar.

  6. #6
    ***el X Mercenary Nebuchadnezzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Socionix sleeper cell
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Posts
    1,413
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yay tereg!

    DQ will always love you.

    "His feeling that this world is not his Fatherland, and that it does not represent his proper condition, so to speak—his feeling that, basically, he 'comes from afar'—will remain a fundamental element which will not give rise to mystical escapism and spiritual weakness, but rather will enable him to minimise, to relativise, to refer to higher concepts of measure and limit, all that can seem important and definitive to others, starting with death itself, and will confer on him calm force and breadth of vision." — Julius Evola

    SLI-Te | 5w6 sp/so
    Oldham Solitary

    Johari
    Nohari

  7. #7
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think Phaedrus would be proud satisfied.
    Last edited by tereg; 03-14-2009 at 09:17 PM. Reason: ninja edit
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  8. #8
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi5

  9. #9
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    Awesome!

    We can be duals now

    Have you thought of a subtype?
    Obviously subtype.

    Er, I mean .

    That's exactly your dual...



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  10. #10
    Haikus Sirena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    GAH, US
    TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Posts
    2,549
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    yay tereg!

    DQ will always love you.
    What about me? Or did I go too far into enemy ranks? (aka "the dark side")

    @tereg: do you feel like sharing some of what led you to this conclusion?

  11. #11
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I talked about you in my video
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  12. #12
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama View Post
    I talked about you in my video
    I saw that. I was touched.
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  13. #13
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    @tereg: do you feel like sharing some of what led you to this conclusion?
    The reading that I had been putting off for so long (i.e. delaying the inevitable) was reading the ISFp descriptions from the wikisocion, from Rick's site and from Rick's blog.

    Upon reading the descriptions, I felt each painful truth come through as I read them. It had been something that had been weighing on my mind for several months, and I just needed to see how much I identified with it/embarrassingly true it felt.

    This reading along with a growing lack of confidence in my own type sort of swung my opinion in that direction.
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  14. #14
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmm.

    I can see you as my lookalike.

    B-but. You are also still enfp-ish to me too.

    But see what I was saying earlier now? I can see you as... a lot of things Tereg. Because I've seen your face on cam, I've felt your kinda relaxed, humanitarian-ish vibe. You're not a type to me. You're a person. You have a lot of natural complexities and subtle nuances. I can't look at you with such crude brushstrokes.

    I've noticed in life that people who don't really know you that well will see ummm just a very very overgeneralized view of you. So you will be constantly misunderstood by them, and feel like your true power is taken away. That is why social relationships are so aggravating to people. As any attempt to connect can sometimes feel like well you're just judging each other.

    It's like in job interviews where people think they can ask you bullshit questions like 'what's your favorite color?' I don't know. What's my favorite fist up your ass? Because they mean nothing - really, to how you are truly qualified. It's all so weird. Being judged on personality but how can you help it. Just judge people for the things we can observe objectively. If they ask you 'what's your favorite color' they're just sadists playing mindfucks with you. As Andrew from Buffy says 'People suck.'

  15. #15
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I've noticed in life that people who don't really know you that well will see ummm just a very very overgeneralized view of you. So you will be constantly misunderstood by them, and feel like your true power is taken away. That is why social relationships are so aggravating to people. As any attempt to connect can sometimes feel like well you're just judging each other.

    It's like in job interviews where people think they can ask you bullshit questions like 'what's your favorite color?' I don't know. What's my favorite fist up your ass? Because they mean nothing - really, to how you are truly qualified. It's all so weird. Being judged on personality but how can you help it. Just judge people for the things we can observe objectively. If they ask you 'what's your favorite color' they're just sadists playing mindfucks with you. As Andrew from Buffy says 'People suck.'
    And if people have an overgeneralized view of who I am, yeah, it bothers me a little bit if I think they interpret me with some brush stroke that I think misrepresents who I am. But in reality, they're free to think that way; I can't control how they think. But just the same, it helps me to identify with something. It helps me to connect with some idea or something I can rationalize or think about. It gives me a sense of clarity (though I understand the dangers of artificial clarity and artificial direction).

    Who cares if I'm going to be constantly misunderstood by people. It sucks, sure. But that's just a fact in my mind that I don't really have to make life altering decisions around.

    It's not such a crime to have something that I can read or discuss or talk about that I connect with, resonate with. That's not to say that I find my identity in it. I want you to see the difference. My identity is not in the personality type descriptions. What I find in the descriptions is something I can understand, something akin to two like-minded people talking to each other. My identity is not the other person. But there is such a great feeling to me to be in a situation when it feels like a person understands what's going on in my mind before I even say what's on my mind. It rarely happens in my life. And I'm not saying that reading the ISFp description was like that, I'm just saying, that's the ultimate feeling for me.

    The truth is is that I don't get that from anyone in my life currently. I have acquaintances, I have some friends, I have friends here on this board. But I don't really have someone that I can point to and say, "I must be around this person. I want to hang out with this person. I need to spend time with this person." I just don't. It's difficult for me to connect or be around people socially right now. I don't mind the interactions at work or interactions with people if I'm doing some sort of computer-related task for them or the online interactions.

    So, maybe it's a little easier for me to connect with something like this. I wouldn't be surprised.

    Don't look at this as some sort of "change" in my life. I'm not a different person because the self-type is different. It's just something that I personally identify with more at the moment.
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  16. #16
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If consentingadult were still here, I think he'd find it acceptable/wouldn't frown very hard anymore.
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  17. #17
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    yay tereg!

    DQ will always love you.
    You know, when I first read this, I thought you were referring to Dairy Queen. And I was like... ok, that's sort of random. I guess Dairy Queen will always love me. All right, good to know.


    And I've just now realized that you meant Delta Quadra. I still hold Delta in high regard and with high respect.
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  18. #18
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post

    @Kam: I love your avatar.
    I love you *blush*
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  19. #19
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Glad we could be of assistance.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  20. #20
    Haikus Sirena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    GAH, US
    TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Posts
    2,549
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    You know, when I first read this, I thought you were referring to Dairy Queen. And I was like... ok, that's sort of random. I guess Dairy Queen will always love me. All right, good to know.


    And I've just now realized that you meant Delta Quadra.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama View Post
    I love you *blush*
    pffft yeah right!

    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .

    love you too *gasp*

  21. #21
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Don't look at this as some sort of "change" in my life. I'm not a different person because the self-type is different. It's just something that I personally identify with more at the moment.
    Don't worry, I don't.

    I just don't want you to well, over-analyze this. I want you to still be able to feel the sensations of everything. Because I want this for everybody. Or if you do think a lot, I'd want it to go somewhere for you. Because, and you may not feel this or not, I do genuinely care about you. (And everybody on this forum).

    If you're anything like me (and since we're both attracted to socionics, I can safely assume- even if this is wrong, that we probably both have great brains) then you might overthink things. Experiences, situations, even yourself. But I think, since all of us are kind of well um... I view kind of us as people that are meant to truly help things, to balance this- we have a lot of mental chatter we have to sort out to truly think if we're doing the right things or not. So I get that.

    I'm being contradictory. But you get what I'm saying.

  22. #22
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    But in reality, they're free to think that way; I can't control how they think. But just the same, it helps me to identify with something. It helps me to connect with some idea or something I can rationalize or think about. It gives me a sense of clarity (though I understand the dangers of artificial clarity and artificial direction).
    I understand. And *that's* the reason, FWIW *that's* why I go on and on about how gay I am so much. It gives people a general gist. Because yeah it is overgeneralized, and a very abstract phrase, but taken all together- it's what describes me best. In one word: Gay. (Or more precise gay male shaman.) Or then I could even get more detailed and say 'gay male white shaman.' etc. etc.

    No, gayness isn't everything about me. I never claimed that. However, it is the most potent. It's the bright shiny god-like light way atop me.

    So if you umm feel confident about this potent identity now Tereg, then I support you. =)

    I've had people that didn't understand me say snottily to me 'why do you say you're gay? Nobody cares.' Well that's why. That, and to meet other gay people.

  23. #23
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with this self-typing.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  24. #24
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  25. #25
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Easy solution: discard silly notions like "gender".

    Yes, I have a penis. No, nobody will ever see it. So, who cares?

    *embraces temporary SEI typing*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •