This is what we have so far:

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    yeah SEI's can definitely be 4's
    How about SLIs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    How about SLIs?
    Hmm... different, but not socially so; perhaps different in work practices?

I think the SEI 4 might be related to DS, but there may be a difference between the SEI's +Ne and the SLI's -Ne... as in the SLI wouldn't be insecure about being different, but just know himself to be different (and be insecure instead about what that entails).

All guesswork, of course; does any of that resonate with you?
    All guesswork, of course; does any of that resonate with you?
    Yes, well, that last sentence does. But could you expand?
    Yes, well, that last sentence does. But could you expand?
    as in the SLI wouldn't be insecure about being different, but just know himself to be different (and be insecure instead about what that entails).
    A Delta's abstract Ne would be more final than an Alpha's... in the sense of its decisions not being disturbed by anything else. If anything, it would disturb . So I suppose your being different might create insecurities in your understanding of people/relationships (as opposed to Alpha's insecurity about the difference itself as it relates to social life).
    Thanks Brilliand.

I'm assuming you're not denying the possibility of an SLI being a 4, like many others would.

If anything, it would disturb .
    What would disturb ? Or did you mean to say that it ("Delta's abstract Ne") could be disturbed by ?

So I suppose your being different might create insecurities in your understanding of people/relationships (as opposed to Alpha's insecurity about the difference itself as it relates to social life).
    What I get from this is that a Delta (an SLI) wouldn't care about not fitting social norms (which would be an Fe/Ti concern?) and therefore will not regard their difference as a problem or something that needs to be fixed or feel bad about it, but instead, the SLI 4 will focus on getting people to see & accept them for who & what they are and can become insecure about their ability to maintain stable interpersonal contact and about their difference affecting this ability negatively. <-- Fi HA insecurities?
    I'm assuming you're not denying the possibility of an SLI being a 4, like many others would.
    I don't think I know enough about the Enneagram to make such a claim.

What would disturb ? Or did you mean to say that it ("Delta's abstract Ne") could be disturbed by ?
    In Alpha, Ne cycles into Fe. In Delta, Fi cycles into Ne. So Alpha Ne is to Alpha Fe as Delta Fi is to Delta Ne. If the Ne is insecure in Alpha due to the Fe -> the Fi is insecure in Delta due to the Ne.

What I get from this is that a Delta (an SLI) wouldn't care about not fitting social norms (which would be an Fe/Ti concern?) and therefore will not regard their difference as a problem or something that needs to be fixed or feel bad about it, but instead, the SLI 4 will focus on getting people to see & accept them for who & what they are and can become insecure about their ability to maintain stable interpersonal contact and about their difference affecting this ability negatively. <-- Fi HA insecurities?
    That fits. But from the angle I'm taking here, I'd expect that to be more related to Delta ST than to Fi HA (i.e. it would apply more to ESTjs than to INTps). Probably the INTps would not see the need to be different.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discuss.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am shocked it is even suggested.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is very hard to see, but I will never discount a possibility.

I think they'd have to be 4w5 or 5w4 however.
    The end is nigh

Creepy-male

fwiw I know a 5w4 SLI.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    I think they'd have to be 4w5 or 5w4 however.
    I am thinking the same.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Salawa View Post
    I would be surprised.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama View Post
    I am shocked it is even suggested.
    Why?

Creepy-male

"Absolutely not! I am not a 5. I am a 9. Now stop trying to get me to talk to people."

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    fwiw I know a 5w4 SLI.
    How certain are you of his/her enneagram type? How certain are you of his/her socionics type? How well do you know him/her?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Absolutely not! I am not a 5. I am a 9. Now stop trying to get me to talk to people."
    What does this have to do with anything? What is your point?

Creepy-male

I just note that several Fives I know seem to fend off social interactions. Sorry, random silly interlude :x

Certain of his socionics type: SLI. He's my BFFFL. Enneagram I'm unsure of, but he makes me think of a Five. Oh, and another SLI too. And another, but she's a Two. So maybe it's Fe PoLR and nothing to do with being a 5.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the fuck is "BFFFL"?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Winterpark, are you considering E4 for yourself?
    Yes, I am.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What aspects of E4 do you relate to, or make you consider it a possibility?
    Most aspects, and the fact that I can't really identify (that strongly) with any other E-type except 5. But I identify with 4 as much as I identify with 5, if not more. Still, neither one of them fits 100% or like my socio-type does, but if I had to have an e-type it would probably be 4w5 or 5 with a very heavy 4 wing. (and sp/sx of course)

Fwiw, I doubt you're a four.
    Why?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm asking what you relate to. Now, “do you relate?” and/or “how much?”. Anything in particular that makes you think you're a four?
    These questions tire me. But I'm extremely tired atm to begin with. Plus I've discussed this with someone else just recently and the thought of having to go over the same things again tires me.

And thanks for the links. I've already seen/read every single one of them. =) The "www.enneagram.com" videos totally suck though, very bad representation of the types. The "enneagramworldwide" ones are much much better...

What the fuck is "BFFFL"?
    Butt-fucking-friend-for-life?
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Creepy-male

naw, Best Friends Forever For Life

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

naw, Best Friends Forever For Life
    That's quite a limitation on "forever."

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Creepy-male

I hadn't thought of it that way o: