Thread: American Gangster

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default American Gangster

It's quite clear that Frank is an LSI. As for Richie, maybe IEI. Frank's wife is probable Fe creative.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    It's quite clear that Frank is an LSI. As for Richie, maybe IEI. Frank's wife is probable Fe creative.
    really? i can see Richie as LSI and Frank as ENFJ or ESTP.

Btw, AMAZING movie. Loved everything about it.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frank could be an SLE, but I think LSI is more likely. EIE is highly implausible - he stays firmly out of the limelight and acts rationally and systematically throughout (there is even a sequence which takes us through his daily doings). It's only about half way through the film when Richie realises that Frank is actually significant in the criminal world of New York.

To be honest, IEI for Richie was a guess. I think it's possible that he is an LSI.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frank could be an SLE, but I think LSI is more likely. EIE is highly implausible - he stays firmly out of the limelight and acts rationally and systematically throughout (there is even a sequence which takes us through his daily doings). It's only about half way through the film when Richie realises that Frank is actually significant in the criminal world of New York.

To be honest, IEI for Richie was a guess. I think it's possible that he is an LSI.
    I'd say LSI for frank...."lets go home for thanksgiving and drink some warm apple cider"

always putting family first...very stable predictable gangster..not ostentatious in the slightest and very intelligent. VERY discilpined and routinized.

richie??? i dunno kinda unstable at times yet very calm. very goal oriented and a good leader...i guess SLE who knows for him

s

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frank's wife is probable Fe creative.
    Definitely agree with this.

As for Richie and Frank, I'd have to re-watch it to solidify my opinion. ATM I can say that I liked Richie's character; Frank, however, was a terrible person IMO.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Definitely agree with this.

As for Richie and Frank, I'd have to re-watch it to solidify my opinion. ATM I can say that I liked Richie's character; Frank, however, was a terrible person IMO.
    I dont think frank was a terrible person. He wasnt a "good" person either though. But I admire and respect him (the real life one as well) for taking care of his family and putting them first before himself. He was a true gangster. He put his family's interests ahead of his (a gangster lets his mom smack him around at the age of 40????) is a model most other retarded gangbangers should start to follow. There will unfortunately always be crime and drug dealing...but at least he didnt go around clippin people like some retarded idiot who idolizes jay-z or whatever.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Frank, however, was a terrible person IMO.
    Interesting - I liked him.

Quote Originally Posted by smccosker View Post
    I dont think frank was a terrible person. He wasnt a "good" person either though. But I admire and respect him [...] for taking care of his family
    Agreed.

[...]and putting them first before himself. [...] He put his family's interests ahead of his (a gangster lets his mom smack him around at the age of 40????)
    Not strictly true. I don't think his letting his mother slap him counts as putting her interests ahead of his own. He is clearly self-interested, but has a concern for his family; I think this is as far as you could go. I think he is probably an sp/so 8w7 (I say 8w7 because he is for the most part controlled and centred, rather than simmering, and unlike an 8w9, takes a lot of care of his appearance).

[...] is a model most other retarded gangbangers should start to follow. There will unfortunately always be crime and drug dealing...but at least he didnt go around clippin people like some retarded idiot who idolizes jay-z or whatever.
    Agreed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hed didnt kill the cops because "mamma said so" thats family valuing imo. frank lucas is a true gangster...id put him ahead of gotti because gotti was a yuppie.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

less discussion of true gangstas please.
    asd

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smccosker View Post
    hed didnt kill the cops because "mamma said so" thats family valuing imo.
    He didn't kill cops because, like you said, "he didnt go around clippin people like some retarded idiot who idolizes jay-z or whatever".

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    less discussion of true gangstas please.
    lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He didn't kill cops because, like you said, "he didnt go around clippin people like some retarded idiot who idolizes jay-z or whatever".

lol
    because he listened to his mamma. and if he didnt listen he got a fresh one