Thread: MY enneagram type

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MY enneagram type.

Hello, everyone. I am wondering if you can tell what E-type I am. I have always presented myself as an 3 wing 4 or maybe even 3 wing 2. However, When I look closely, I felt like 1 also can be my type. The searching for the truth, prefection, and anger being repressed seems to fit me very well. I know 3 can also be prefectionalist based on what their society vaules, and that I am not very intune to living up to society's stardard. I do, however are easily changable, adaptable and sometimes even can be fake. I have long since try to just let things be rather than changing reality. So i think that helps. Anyway, if I am not a 3wing4, then I must Have 1wing2 as my triftype. maybe even 1w2 being my actual E-type. ANy thoughts?
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Are you perfectionistic for the sake of being perfectionistic(1) or do you consider being a perfectionist a subset of persuing personal excellence(3w4)?

For example...Lisa Simpson is an so/sp 3w4 with a definite 1w9 in her trifix while Martha Stewart is a 1w9 with a 3w4 in her trifix.

I do, however are easily changable, adaptable and sometimes even can be fake. I have long since try to just let things be rather than changing reality.
    That does point more to 3w4 than 1. I also doubt 3w2 due to the subtle-self loathing embedded in your writing.

I am not very intune to living up to society's stardard.
    That does point more to 3w4 than 3w2 assuming you are a 3.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MellowMarcello View Post
    Are you perfectionistic for the sake of being perfectionistic(1) or do you consider being a perfectionist a subset of persuing personal excellence(3w4)?

For example...Lisa Simpson is an so/sp 3w4 with a definite 1w9 in her trifix while Martha Stewart is a 1w9 with a 3w4 in her trifix.

That does point more to 3w4 than 1. I also doubt 3w2 due to the subtle-self loathing embedded in your writing.

That does point more to 3w4 than 3w2 assuming you are a 3.
    I am nothing like martha strewart although she is not an ENFj E1 that I think i can compare to. Lisa simpson is an ENFj. I relate much to her on that too. Maybe becuase she is an ENFj. and not the enneagram that is similar to me. but overall, your post is pretty clear and it brings so good distinction between both E-type. Thanks ;-) I would say I am an 3w4 according to you.

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

Yeah my hunch is 3w4 for you too.

1s are perfectionistic because their superego makes them feel burdened to play by the same rules that everyone else has to adhere to.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah my hunch is 3w4 for you too.

1s are perfectionistic because their superego makes them feel burdened to play by the same rules that everyone else has to adhere to.
    I can see that in ISXj one, maybe Delta NF as well? I dont know.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very very good point. I see this as a major differences in the wing type of 3. do you study Socionics infuse with Enneagram also? becuase ENFj are known for their doubts, and I happen to think that the four wing's introspection cause that. I think i have seen a few 3w2 in my life as an ENFj, not sure if they do have a 2 wing. which they do not seem to be brother by doubt and indivudualist issue that conflict in their mind as much. I wonder if at all, an ENFj can be a 3wing2?

1)

2)

I see it holding for NF 1s as well though not as extreme. The stronger the N the more the "spirit" of the rules must be right.

Very very good point. I see this as a major differences in the wing type of 3. do you study Socionics infuse with Enneagram also? becuase ENFj are known for their doubts, and I happen to think that the four wing's introspection cause that. I think i have seen a few 3w2 in my life as an ENFj, not sure if they do have a 2 wing. which they do not seem to be brother by doubt and indivudualist issue that conflict in their mind as much. I wonder if at all, an ENFj can be a 3wing2?
    I am not as familiar with socionics but I think an ENFj can be 3w2. Bill Clinton is an example. I think Tony Blair is another example.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request