TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Repost of "Socionics and dancing" by forgetmenot

Quote Originally Posted by forgetmenot
    It's probably not type related, heh but I'm wondering what you think Which types like dancing and are good at it My personal quess is ESFps, ESTps, ESFjs and ENFps (and all the rest) Types that don't like it: INTps, INTjs
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio
    i like dancing, although i can be slow to start at times. when i was younger i used to be really rigid, and to be able to "break free" enough to dance.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How old are you? You cant be that old!
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you seen my false teeth. I know I left them around here somewhere.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama
    I can't dance, but I can maneuver around people in school quite quickly, and I actually make a point of darting around people for fun.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you seen my false teeth. I know I left them around here somewhere.
    Yep. In the section : everything goes. Even false teeth! But seriously Mercutio, you're never too old to dance! OMG it's so fun, it raises your mood and might be so sensual I could be dancing all the time!
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, sometimes I think I dance in normal movement ..
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listening to the music in your head, wow
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking logically (Ti, PolR, be nice to me I'm quessing the best dancers should be among ESFps and ESFjs. E is obvious, S - movements and F - don't know why
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listening to the music in your head, wow
    Well for me, I'm kind of on my own track most of the time. Music's only just coming back to me again. But often I get things like Metallica songs going around in my head. With lyrics like: And the road becomes my bride I have stripped of all but pride So in her I do confide And she keeps me satisfied Gives me all I need And with dust in throat I crave Only knowledge will I save To the game you stay a slave Thing is - usually when I'm like that, it's like my legs are kind of energised, I'm kind of "overconfident" as I'm just starting off with a kick. And it's ilke I became attached to myself. And what I'm doing, and it's like other people fall away. Then it's like a lot of the time I kind of shift into this operating mode, where it's like I'm kind of detached. And yet I can't unlock myself out of it. Anyway, I think we all kind of relate to different kinds of music, and it can kind of intertwine with feelings, and where you're at currently etc. That song is what it's like when I'm heavier and more focused. It can also kind of turn kind of sour. Although I can also turn more kind of positive and lighter. And that's when I start to seem like I'm dancing to other people. Like to be honest, with songs like wherever I may roam going around in my head, people don't seem to find me that approachable, and often are kind of against me. Whereas when I'm in a more positive song people can be sillier, and more fun. It's hard to force a completely different pole though. Blah blah. Songs can be fun. I like music. I used to make up songs to myself about people etc. Some of them were kind of mean though.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking logically (Ti, PolR, be nice to me I'm quessing the best dancers should be among ESFps and ESFjs. E is obvious, S - movements and F - don't know why
    I don't even think about "best dancers" I think of getting people to dance who don't normally dance.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calenwen
    Blah, yeah, I don't care to dance. This has more to do with me not knowing how than anything, though. P.S. Several people have told me that I walk like a ballet dancer. Graceful or something? I dunno.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calenwen
    Blah, yeah, I don't care to dance. This has more to do with me not knowing how than anything, though. P.S. Several people have told me that I walk like a ballet dancer. Graceful or something? I dunno.
    you should dance then. what have you got to lose?
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mercutio, dancing to Metallica while walking. Wow, that sounds... interesting You should post a video I am more like: Were on a road to nowhere Come on inside Takin that ride to nowhere Well take that ride Im feelin okay this mornin And you know, Were on the road to paradise Here we go, here we go Just because of my present state of mind and because I really don't know where I am going I imagine you're way of walking is like very rhytmical and slow and strong. Hm Hehe
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

forgetmenot, i move fast, and i can be a bit jumpy when i move. when i walk with people sometimes i walk backwards.. and sometimes i just randomly turn around in circles when moving .. . when i'm high i tend to jump and sometimes i make sudden quick movements towards people and then suddenly stop. sometimes i like to stay behind people. and turn around them, so that i'm always behind them. and i like to touch people then disappear. pretty light-hearted really. i can shift to songs like road to nowhere but it doesn't came as naturally... i know that song btw .. it reminds me of psycho killer ..
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

forgetmenot, i move fast, and i can be a bit jumpy when i move. when i walk with people sometimes i walk backwards.. and sometimes i just randomly turn around in circles when moving .. . when i'm high i tend to jump and sometimes i make sudden quick movements towards people and then suddenly stop. sometimes i like to stay behind people. and turn around them, so that i'm always behind them. and i like to touch people then disappear. pretty light-hearted really. i can shift to songs like road to nowhere but it doesn't came as naturally... i know that song btw .. it reminds me of psycho killer ..
    Hm hm hm Made me think Walking backwards, sudden movements, suddenly stop, being behind, touch and disappear. Now I understand - it has to be your own remake of the song you quoted Road to nowhere is slow I know . But it's a road to nowhere so who gives a shit ?
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm hm hm Made me think Walking backwards, sudden movements, suddenly stop, being behind, touch and disappear. Now I understand - it has to be your own remake of the song you quoted Road to nowhere is slow I know . But it's a road to nowhere so who gives a shit ?
    well i shifted to thinking what i'm more like when i'm less intense / determined .. we all shift and change at times. the idea behind road to nowhere is to overdramaticise it and move it to somewhere .. shifting .. shifting .. shifting .. . actually, i used to say that we were on the road to nowhere when people asked where "we" were going .. the inverse was to rape pillage and kill..
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We all change and shift and.. move Mercutio thank you for that beautiful inspiration Tomorow, when I wake up I'll change the way I walk to : Like a roller in the ocean (la la la la la la-la) Life is motion (la la la la la la-la) Move on (la la la la-la) Like a wind that's always blowing (la la la la la la-la) Life is flowing (la la la la la la-la) Move on (la la la la-la) Like the sunrise in the morning (la la la la la la-la) Life is dawning (la la la la la la-la) Move on (la la la la-la) How I treasure every minute (la la la la) Being part of it (la la la la-ah) Being in it With the urge to move on Oh no After singing this I'll probably come back to bed again But maybe we should start a thread about the way people walk and how it relates to their spirit and their type Walk of life Here comes johnny singing oldies, goldies Be-bop-a-lua, baby what I say Here comes johnny singing I gotta woman Down in the tunnels, trying to make it pay He got the action, he got the motion Yeah, the boy can play Dedication devotion Turning all the night time into the day He do the song about the sweet lovin woman He do the song about the knife He do the walk, he do the walk of life
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    I can only recall myself dancing once in my entire life...when i was 5...at my aunts wedding. I refuse to dance. No. Just...no.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinball Wizard!
    I can only recall myself dancing once in my entire life...when i was 5...at my aunts wedding. I refuse to dance. No. Just...no.
    Good.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    I refuse to dance. No. Just...no.
    Exactly.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels
    I've always been pretty good at dancing, though I have a terrible memory for choreography, so I'm best at following or free style stuff. I can mimic pretty well though even though I don't know what I'm doing most of the time. I knew one ESFp who was bad at it. I know a couple of ESFjs who are very good. I don't really know if it's type related. My INTj friend is techically "correct" with dancing, but not very fluid or creative looking. Looks kind of stiff. But I know another INTj who is more graceful. I really don't know if it's a type thing, or if it's a talent thing. who knows. I used to be very shy w/ dancing and sometimes would be self-conscious which would make me look worse, but now I don't care.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually, i used to say that we were on the road to nowhere when people asked where "we" were going .. the inverse was to rape pillage and kill..
    Sounds pretty interesting . When I meet a jumping, disappearing man, a man going backkwards and I suddenly hear Metallica in my head, I'll know what to expect
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie
    I used to take Ballet when I was younger, but I grew to hate my teacher and never went back. I don't like dancing, to be honest.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any hope that my dual ISTp likes dancing ? I was at my ISTp friend and her ENFp hubby wedding and they both hated dancing . I'm quessing that was the most stressful part for them when they had to dance and everybody was looking Cute though
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinball Wizard!
    I get bored 1:30 minutes into it. Then I just look at who i'm dancing with, and give her the "I'm fucking bored" look.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you must have something seriously wrong with you. can you breathe?
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you must have something seriously wrong with you. can you breathe?
    Because everyone who isn't like you iz weird!!!1111 I am SO tempted to put you on ignore.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because everyone who isn't like you iz weird!!!1111 I am SO tempted to put you on ignore.
    Please don't I like you both
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels
    maybe you just haven't been in good situations in which to dance. I prefer it to be somewhere that just enough people are dancing that you blend in, but not so crowded that you are pushed. In the wrong atmosphere it can be horrible... I've seen quite a few really good ISTp dancers. I think it can be easier if you're doing a specific type of dancing that you know a lot about, such as breakdancing or hip hop, because then there are things you know and "right" ways of doing it, but you can also mix it up depending on what you feel like. I think it's like anything where if you have a foundation of a few moves you like, it's fun. But types of dancing where I know nothing I would rather die than do in public. Like, I could never fake bellydancing or something like that and in restaurants if they pull me up to dance w/ the chick I always refuse, as i would look stupid.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    Is there any hope that my dual ISTp likes dancing ?
    Yes. I know 1 SLI-si girl who does ballet. Then I know 1 SLI-te girl who does salsa. Then there is that SLI-te chinese girl that I know who like to dance in clubs to make boys horny. Let me see, I know 2 SLI guys who took dance lessons, although they suck at it. So, they exist.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds pretty interesting . When I meet a jumping, disappearing man, a man going backkwards and I suddenly hear Metallica in my head, I'll know what to expect
    then i'll just have to change my behaviour until you're confused, disorientated, and fragile.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

come on, i know you want me. if you had no feelings, then you wouldn't need to try and deny them.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please don't I like you both
    don't tell her she has pms.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, it's not that I don't like people who don't like dancing . Actually I was in a 4-year realtionship with an INTj who would never dance . Or very rarely . If people don't like dancing, it's just they way they are. There's no need to force them. But I think there are many people who would really enjoy dancing but are shy or think that they will be laughed at. But who cares how you dance in a club? You just have some fun so you move, and smile and that's it ! And make people around you happy .
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, it's not that I don't like people who don't like dancing . Actually I was in a 4-year realtionship with an INTj who would never dance . Or very rarely . If people don't like dancing, it's just they way they are. There's no need to force them. But I think there are many people who would really enjoy dancing but are shy or think that they will be laughed at. But who cares how you dance in a club? You just have some fun so you move, and smile and that's it ! And make people around you happy .
    my condolences on the intj. if people are going to bring the atmosphere down they should be removed for the greater good. and it's not nice to remove people, so it makes sense to encourage people to dance.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does Mercutio, but if sb is Fi PolR it's difficult to force them to dance . And they can have fun sitting, chatting and drinking, don't they ? There will be more space for everybody then! And the people sitting could laugh at us then, why not, lol! Or look at us and think how beautiful we are hehehe
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my condolences on the intj. .
    As for the INTj, he wasn't that bad.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does Mercutio, but if sb is Fi PolR it's difficult to force them to dance . And they can have fun sitting, chatting and drinking, don't they ? There will be more space for everybody then! And the people sitting could laugh at us then, why not, lol! Or look at us and think how beautiful we are hehehe
    they'll give people evil eyes, and express negative emotions. and they'll get worried about people being too close to them. it just sounds like a bad idea. shouldn't they be at work or something.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for the INTj, he wasn't that bad.
    you just used him for sex and money.