Thread: Thoughts on type: super Se-IEI, male

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thoughts on type: super Se-IEI, male

Like many of you on this board, I have often wondered why I am the way I am, or exactly what it is that I am. I love the Socionics system and have tremendous regard for its systematic approach to psyche, types, and their interaction, but have the belief that the true essense of the Self is constantly in flux, and although there are certain tendencies people are disposed to, the Self is essentially a product of your environment, which is also in flux. Having said that, I understand that I can never really know who I am in comparison to others since perspectives are incommensurable and in flux.

Now, this is just to build up on some outlandish musings I've had on my type. A friend on the wikisocion had suggested that perhaps I am a super-Se INFp. This seems to make a lot of sense because I have uncanny insight into the people and environment around me and have achieved states of what I can only refer to as hyper-awareness. I can see through people easily and usually, depending on my mood, can easily see the very worst in people. This all seems to accord with extroverted sensing:

authority, influence, desire, political interest/personal investment, competition/struggle, willpower, impact, force, appearance, readiness, tactics, territory

Being the IEI that I am, I am very much introverted intuitive which is obviously my base function. I live in my mind and can easily see patterns that can/have/will occur in time. These are general, larger picture patterns but I have also had some insight into the patterns within people as well. My Fe can very easily manipulate people without effort and without me being aware of it. I've noticed that I can make women fall in love with me easily and can also cut people's ego in half if Im pushed to it.

Another musing of mine is that maybe I am actually, genetically an ESTp who has been raised in special circumstances, that is in captivity under the oppression of my older sister. Throughout my childhood, she had done a very good job of isolating me and instilling the fear of the unknown into me and making me a very much introverted child growing up. I think this gave me the opportunity to develop my psyche fully and to harness latent gifts and also to search for meaning in my life, and what it is to be a good person... very much introverted introspective. I have spent a lot of time reading about type when I was in my early teens and perhaps subconsciously chose the most ideal type, that is INFp, at least, perhaps, the most agreeable to all, and have been directing my repressed ESTp Self to this ideal ever since.

At this moment, I am that IEI intuitive subtype now. I have no affinity for extroversion, perhaps by my upbringing, or perhaps genetically. I have very developed intuition. I prefer to operate on my feelings, but have a well developed thinking function, at least I think I do. I am pretty lazy and Ni rules all so am an irrational P as well.

I am fairly young and perhaps can develop all elements equally and uitilize each function according to necessity, becoming a true uber XXXx.

Any thoughts? different perspectives on nature vs. nurture, evolutionary perspective? outlandish fantasy?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way your brain develops is not completely genetic. Your brain develops in adaptation with your environment, as does your type; so saying you are genetically ESTp doesn't make sense. Your brain is what it is; and how it got there is irrelevant. But you may want to talk to Tcaud about his dual type theory, because that seems more along the lines of what you're describing. you can find him over at socionix

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well as an SLE ill tell u what my main objective is...be in complete control of my life and be able to do whatever i want whenever i feel like it. everyone should respect me and treat me well. i want money, and nice possessions. i refuse to be dominated by neone. i am the boss of my life and in control of my own destiny. i dont want to be bored, or depressed. i want to push myself to do amazing things worthy of praise and admiration. i want to be recognized as being amazing and i want to be the most attractivr person possible. i want everybody to love me and be their everything.

or

if im in a bad mood i want to do an unholy amount of drugs and do the most antisocial stuff imaginable because i crave excitement.

basically...what an SLE wants is more...more..more. we are never truly happy or content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UbermIEInch View Post
    Like many of you on this board, I have often wondered why I am the way I am, or exactly what it is that I am. I love the Socionics system and have tremendous regard for its systematic approach to psyche, types, and their interaction, but have the belief that the true essense of the Self is constantly in flux, and although there are certain tendencies people are disposed to, the Self is essentially a product of your environment, which is also in flux. Having said that, I understand that I can never really know who I am in comparison to others since perspectives are incommensurable and in flux.

Now, this is just to build up on some outlandish musings I've had on my type. A friend on the wikisocion had suggested that perhaps I am a super-Se INFp. This seems to make a lot of sense because I have uncanny insight into the people and environment around me and have achieved states of what I can only refer to as hyper-awareness. I can see through people easily and usually, depending on my mood, can easily see the very worst in people. This all seems to accord with extroverted sensing:

authority, influence, desire, political interest/personal investment, competition/struggle, willpower, impact, force, appearance, readiness, tactics, territory

Being the IEI that I am, I am very much introverted intuitive which is obviously my base function. I live in my mind and can easily see patterns that can/have/will occur in time. These are general, larger picture patterns but I have also had some insight into the patterns within people as well. My Fe can very easily manipulate people without effort and without me being aware of it. I've noticed that I can make women fall in love with me easily and can also cut people's ego in half if Im pushed to it.

Another musing of mine is that maybe I am actually, genetically an ESTp who has been raised in special circumstances, that is in captivity under the oppression of my older sister. Throughout my childhood, she had done a very good job of isolating me and instilling the fear of the unknown into me and making me a very much introverted child growing up. I think this gave me the opportunity to develop my psyche fully and to harness latent gifts and also to search for meaning in my life, and what it is to be a good person... very much introverted introspective. I have spent a lot of time reading about type when I was in my early teens and perhaps subconsciously chose the most ideal type, that is INFp, at least, perhaps, the most agreeable to all, and have been directing my repressed ESTp Self to this ideal ever since.

At this moment, I am that IEI intuitive subtype now. I have no affinity for extroversion, perhaps by my upbringing, or perhaps genetically. I have very developed intuition. I prefer to operate on my feelings, but have a well developed thinking function, at least I think I do. I am pretty lazy and Ni rules all so am an irrational P as well.

I am fairly young and perhaps can develop all elements equally and uitilize each function according to necessity, becoming a true uber XXXx.

Any thoughts? different perspectives on nature vs. nurture, evolutionary perspective? outlandish fantasy?
    i have from time to time considered the INFp designation for myself...how do u know you are not ENTp...which is my going type at the moment.
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se is more about being competitive and territorial, like Alexander the great. You would be wanting domination, control and influence.
    Having the uncanny ability to get into the mind of people without knowing is very EIE. You tend to manipulate unconsiously. Be careful, if you let yourself submerge into EIE-Ni you will be having a darn huge problem with your Ego. You will think of yourself as divine, because of your almost godly-like abilities. You understand what i am saying, feeling superior and knowing there is no way you won't get your way.
    So whatever you do, don't overly self-center yourself, because it will prove to be unefficient as you overrate your skills, your productiveness decreasses, because of the fact of you giving less importance or attention to virtual information that might be nesesary.
    Overconfidence is like a blinding accident; it reduces your perceptive capability. If you enjoy from "hyper-awareness" cherish is by continuosly developing it. As you obiously implied everything is in a constant transformation process; just remember it is you who decides if the mutation in in favor of evolution.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what do you know about the enneagram so far? it seems more reliable than socionics in a lot of ways... and seems to offer some flexibility that supports the idea of our ever-changing personalities.

anyway, you remind me extremely of a 4w5 i know... the way you seem to appraoch things. you have an analytical confidence (from my perspective) of a 4 with a 5 wing...

but *shrug* who knows.

anyway, socionically.... i dont know. i think yes we are always changing, but i think we tend to have a natural preference, which is what we could refer to when discovering our socionics "type".

it's kind of like... if you can be whoever you want to be... who you want to be is who you are... because it's what you want.
    "If you can find out little melodies for yourself on the piano it is all very well. But if they come of themselves when you are not at the piano, then you have still greater reason to rejoice; for then the inner sense of music is astir in you. The fingers must make what the head wills, not vice versa."- Robert Schumann

TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yeah-- and lol@ "evolutionary perspectives?"

nice transition xP
    "If you can find out little melodies for yourself on the piano it is all very well. But if they come of themselves when you are not at the piano, then you have still greater reason to rejoice; for then the inner sense of music is astir in you. The fingers must make what the head wills, not vice versa."- Robert Schumann

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If you enjoy from "hyper-awareness" cherish is by continuosly developing it. As you obiously implied everything is in a constant transformation process; just remember it is you who decides if the mutation in in favor of evolution.
    Patronizing bs. Luck plays too much of a factor. If you were lucky to be born in a middle or upper middle class family like most of us, you don't *really* ever have much to worry in life other than your own narcissistic neuroses.

Not that I blatantly disagree with what you're saying though, I just think it's kind of um- a bit, uhhh "Over comfortable" being able to say that behind the safety of your own computer.

I'm sure people who win the lottery don't think that 'Life is a process' or people after they feel really good and excited and celebrated for- I'm sure they don't think 'Life is a process' I'm sure they think more along the lines of 'Woo-hoo, I'm free!'

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

H
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    H
    W
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP