Thread: Differences between Alpha Fe and and Delta Fi

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Differences between Alpha Fe and and Delta Fi

It's currently Lunar New Year and it is a tradition to visit the homes of friends/relatives and get together and getting red packets (i.e. packets which contain money) from the elders or married relatives. An Si-ISFp friend of mine came up with a plan to pay a visit to the homes of a few friends and acquaintances (including mine) this Saturday before finally heading to her house for steamboat. A group of us (which consisted of herself, an Ne-INTj good friend of ours, and two other friends of the Ne-INTj whom I have not met before) are supposed to visit the houses of everyone in the group on that day.

I wasn't happy that she had invited the two friends of the Ne-INTj to visit my house without informing me beforehand. To me, they are strangers whom I have not met before and hence, I thought it is weird to invite these people who don't know me to my house and see a private side of my life. However, the Si-ISFp sees it as an opportunity to get to know new friends as she doesn't know them either. Moreover, she had brought a bunch of ppl whom I do not know to my house last year during the previous lunar new year after informing me last minute that they were heading to my house. This had made them feel uncomfortable so everyone just gathered to eat and collect red packets, which I thought was pretty meaningless.

I do not mind getting to know new people, but not at this setting where people's main objective is to visit as many houses as possible to collect many red packets and I don't get to see them from then on. I also make a clear distinction between friends/acquaintances and strangers, but my Si-ISFp seems to see that it is more important for everyone, irregardless of who they are, to get together and have a good time and then not meet again in future until it is another big event.

This is one distinction between Alpha Fe and Delta Fi imo.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    It's currently Lunar New Year and it is a tradition to visit the homes of friends/relatives and get together and getting red packets (i.e. packets which contain money) from the elders or married relatives. An Si-ISFp friend of mine came up with a plan to pay a visit to the homes of a few friends and acquaintances (including mine) this Saturday before finally heading to her house for steamboat. A group of us (which consisted of herself, an Ne-INTj good friend of ours, and two other friends of the Ne-INTj whom I have not met before) are supposed to visit the houses of everyone in the group on that day.

I wasn't happy that she had invited the two friends of the Ne-INTj to visit my house without informing me beforehand. To me, they are strangers whom I have not met before and hence, I thought it is weird to invite these people who don't know me to my house and see a private side of my life. However, the Si-ISFp sees it as an opportunity to get to know new friends as she doesn't know them either. Moreover, she had brought a bunch of ppl whom I do not know to my house last year during the previous lunar new year after informing me last minute that they were heading to my house. This had made them feel uncomfortable so everyone just gathered to eat and collect red packets, which I thought was pretty meaningless.

I do not mind getting to know new people, but not at this setting where people's main objective is to visit as many houses as possible to collect many red packets and I don't get to see them from then on. I also make a clear distinction between friends/acquaintances and strangers, but my Si-ISFp seems to see that it is more important for everyone, irregardless of who they are, to get together and have a good time and then not meet again in future until it is another big event.

This is really an awkward situation if you're expecting to give them the "red envelop-money". I can pretty much see an Si-ISFp doing that without actually thinking how they can put you in the spot. I think (S)he Proberly predisposed that if you didn't know his/her friend before hand that you were comfortable enough not to hand them it. At least thats how our family interpret it as you don't nesscary have to hand it over to everyone that visits your house.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    ENTp's are described as finding unaccounted strangers in the house as pretty undesirable. However, ENTp have no problem going to someone else's place unannounced or uninvited if they're with friends. I think it's more of a matter, she would rather have the INTj around rather then not, because if the INTj friends aren't around he probably won't be. I don't really think this has much to do with with Fi or Fe.

I've found that there are types that are open to anyone in their house at all times, but they have another area of the house that is their private space. I think many people and types have a private place that they do not necessarily want to be intruded upon.
    I think this is the typical clash between FI and Fe.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a matter of prudence vs. boldness. Alphas are safety-seeking but not prudence seeking. They want the ability to make decisions of which it is NOT possible to tell beforehand wether they will be working out well. In the limbo of uncertainty that results from this, they find their "highs" of excitement. This is how they differ from deltas.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    Probably, to a degree. I even speculated on it being related to aristocracy, but I can't see gammas being too open to that sort of thing. Alpha SFs do seem the most prone to ingratiating bullshit, and appear almost unable to distinguish between "different" people. I would not appreciate that situation at all; having people disregard personal boundaries is incredibly vexing to me. I'm not sure whether I would just tell them to fuck off in that situation, but there have been times before where I have had to clearly delineate things (brusquely, at times) in order to just get people away, lol. Anyway, I see delta Fi working in that sort of disjointed faction type of way; "we won't intrude on you, so don't intrude on us" type of thing. So, it makes sense that you would dislike such a thing, not because (like me) they are necessarily "stepping out of their place," but because it seems they are crossing a more implicit boundary? Silent aristocracy or something, lol.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh... those alpha sf bastards doing stupid shit again, let's lump them all together like they'd all do that.

For the record, I find that very rude of your friend and that's definitely something that I'd never do. I won't even stop by a person's house or visit them in any way without letting them know first. If I meet other people and feel like bringing someone else into whatever situation that is, I'm sure to find out if anyone would have a problem with such a thing, definitely if it's a stranger or someone that whomever I'm meeting doesn't know very well.
    I personally won't have anyone in my house that I don't know unless I trust whomever brought them, well enough to be ok with anyone they'd bring over.
    As for the quote below:
    appear almost unable to distinguish between "different" people.
    I don't see myself anything like that. Actually I'm probably the opposite of that .

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Ugh... those alpha sf bastards doing stupid shit again, let's lump them all together like they'd all do that.
    Quit crying. Stereotypes arise from general trends. Why do you care? You don't even use socionics.

I don't see myself anything like that. Actually I'm probably the opposite of that .
    Quote my name, you dick. That was in reference to the aristocratic/democratic dichotomy. Stop commenting on things you don't understand the bases of.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Quit crying. Stereotypes arise from general trends. Why do you care? You don't even use socionics.

Quote my name, you dick. That was in reference to the aristocratic/democratic dichotomy. Stop commenting on things you don't understand the bases of.
    Fuck you, "Strrrng"...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was in reference to the aristocratic/democratic dichotomy. Stop commenting on things you don't understand the bases of.
    *ahem*

Basis.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    *ahem*

Basis.
    Yeah, lol. You're right. I got mixed up with the "-es" plural forms of certain words.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's coo.

As for Fe vs Fi, i dunno, maybe it doesn't have anything to do with Fe and Fi and more to do with the friend just not thinking about how you'd feel about her bringing strangers.

- Voltaire

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    No wait. Bases is the plural of basis, isn't it. And you said things, so I think it's okay?
    bleh. I just looked it up, and I think you're right.

kAFJKBDSLAD;';SNLBDKJ;SM'A

edit: that was my thought process behind it though. but it might still be basis.

"things you don't understand the basis of"... they might not all share a similar foundation. So, I said bases... whatever
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    This is important.
    Sticky.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bleh. I just looked it up, and I think you're right.

kAFJKBDSLAD;';SNLBDKJ;SM'A

edit: that was my thought process behind it though. but it might still be basis.

"things you don't understand the basis of"... they might not all share a similar foundation. So, I said bases... whatever
    Basis \Ba"sis\, n.; pl. Bases. [L. basis, Gr. ?. See Base, n.]

"Stop commenting on things you don't understand the bases of."

Guess it really could be plural, since it's literally more than one thing.

Ok, I've spent way too much time on this already. SOMEONE STICKY THIS PROBLEM PLEZ

- Voltaire

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure how much it's Fe or Fi, but that situation would annoy the hell out of me I thought I was going somewhere or inviting someone over and they brought strangers with them unannounced.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All your bases are belong to us.

TBH this SEI friend probably figured she would incorporate these new friends on her exciting journey in order to get to know them in a light and changing atmosphere and didn't realise she was possibly creating discomfort. If I were you I'd find a time alone with her to explain the situation and explain that you just wanted to show her how it felt from another perspective, so she didn't get caught out again. I'd want to know if I was being a pain in the arse.

NOTE: Being a pain in the arse on these forums doesn't count!
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    All your bases are belong to us.

TBH this SEI friend probably figured she would incorporate these new friends on her exciting journey in order to get to know them in a light and changing atmosphere and didn't realise she was possibly creating discomfort. If I were you I'd find a time alone with her to explain the situation and explain that you just wanted to show her how it felt from another perspective, so she didn't get caught out again. I'd want to know if I was being a pain in the arse.

NOTE: Being a pain in the arse on these forums doesn't count!
    This trait you mention is what I was alluding to before—incorporating additional internal interactions between people (Fe) as a means to saturate and enhance the ostensible experiential context (Si).

So, to readdress cracka, I wasn't so much saying that this was an intrinsic trait of alpha SFs, but rather, that the cause for that behavior in an alpha SF is most likely related to the aforementioned thing.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, to readdress cracka, I wasn't so much saying that this was an intrinsic trait of alpha SFs, but rather, that the cause for that behavior in an alpha SF is most likely related to the aforementioned thing.
    This makes sense and won't argue with it. This would have been a much easier way to make the point without being a prick, unlike your last post to me. Calling me a dick does nothing for a discussion other than get me to tell you to fuck off more often than not.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha SFs do seem the most prone to ingratiating bullshit, and appear almost unable to distinguish between "different" people.
    lol.
    The end is nigh