***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    I didn't know about the Katherine Heigl thing. Hmmm. Not sure what to think about that.
    Just know that she was right.

What do you mean 'keeping the serial killer alive'?? He was executed and Meredith was there for it. Right? I didn't dream that, did I? lol

There were some good scenes prior to that moment that helped set that ending up.

Hey, was there a new episode on 1/29?? I'm pretty sure my DVR didn't record anything this past Thursday, but I wasn't sure why that was.
    You already saw it. Stairway to Heaven, where the killer was executed.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Katherine Heigl Refuses Emmy Nom.

In a move that will likely see the actress on the front of Entertainment headlines, Katherine Heigl has stated that she will not be seeking an Emmy nomination this year. The reason? She felt her material this season wasn’t worthy of a nomination and she didn’t want to take the spot from someone else.

It’s an odd news story, first because it doesn’t happen very often that an actor says no to an Emmy nomination, and second because she’s in a way dissing the Grey’s Anatomy writers. I wonder how they feel about being told their material wasn’t good enough?
    GA Creator, Shonda Rimes, "Surprised" at Heigl Comments.

Grey's Anatomy" creator Shonda Rhimes was surprised at Katherine Heigl's refusal to submit her name for this year's Emmy Awards, but didn't feel insulted by the snub.

The actress claimed writers on the hit show were not giving her enough good material and pulled herself out of the running for an award, and rumors spread she would be axed from the show as a result.

But show creator Rhimes strongly denied the reports...
    Heigl's Character May Die of Brain Tumor.

Katherine Heigl could be killed off Grey's Anatomy next season, a well-placed source tells Us Weekly in its latest issue.

The idea came after Heigl, 29, withdrew herself from Emmy contention, saying that she didn’t feel she was “given the material this season to warrant an Emmy nomination.”

In response to Heigl’s griping, staffers are considering giving her character, Dr. Izzie Stevens, a brain tumor.

“[Producer] Shonda [Rhimes] and the writers are pissed at her,” the source tells Us. “It’s their way of screwing with her. She won’t know whether she’s going to live or die.”

Still, there’s good news for fans sad to see Izzie suffer: newly single Jeffrey Dean Morgan will reprise his role as hunky patient Denny Duquette, whom Izzie will see in visions brought on by the tumor.

And a second source thinks the story arc, ironically, may not be a bad thing for Heigl: “If her character does get a brain tumor, she’ll probably get an Emmy!”
    The last sentence is very ironic.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    You already saw it. Stairway to Heaven, where the killer was executed.
    I'm pretty sure I watched this episode last weekend. On the 24th, I think. Weird! Makes me feel like I'm missing something.

Edit: Re the Heigl articles...thanks! I do agree that her character was pretty unimpressive after the whole Denny dying finale (whatever season that was).

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure I watched this episode last weekend. On the 24th, I think. Weird! Makes me feel like I'm missing something.
    Where are you getting this 1/29 date from? My post said 1/22.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where are you getting this 1/29 date from? My post said 1/22.
    Originally Posted by Sirena
    Hey, was there a new episode on 1/29?? I'm pretty sure my DVR didn't record anything this past Thursday, but I wasn't sure why that was.

Your response: You already saw it. Stairway to Heaven, where the killer was executed.

Or did you mean that 1/29 was a re-run?

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably a re-run then. The last recent episode aired on 1/22.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably a re-run then. The last recent episode aired on 1/22.
    okay, that was my question. cool! thanks!