Jason
    Are you kidding?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    Are you kidding?
    No. I'm asking because I was just visiting a friend's webpage and there was some incredibly sappy stuff on it; it made me want to cringe. Things such as, "share a flower with someone you love and make them smile." It's causing me to doubt my type. I've looked at Wikisocion and the examples don't really fit what I saw.

Jason

Creepy-

Fe. Absolutely.

To be fair, the definition of "sappiness" could make a difference as it's a word that people attach subjective connotations to, but as far as I'm concerned, sappiness is an Fe thing.

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, hm. Well I know that I'm definitely turned off by sappy expressions such as the one that you mentioned, but I know some Fe friends that are as well. Maybe it has more to do with the individual? Although I would say that Fe types are definitely more prone to that sort of thing.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi>Fe, if it's type related. I can't stand that shit and I'm Fe creative. I don't mind being philosophical with that sort of thing if it's my own words, but those stereotypical positive message type things make me want to yukk up whatever I just ate, and for someone who is rather Si, that says something.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What SOS said. Except exchange the "Fe"s for "Fi"s. :-p
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    Fi>Fe, if it's type related. I can't stand that shit and I'm Fe creative. I don't mind being philosophical with that sort of thing if it's my own words, but those stereotypical positive message type things make me want to yukk up whatever I just ate, and for someone who is rather Si, that says something.
    Thank you, bee. You made my day.

Jason

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. I'm asking because I was just visiting a friend's webpage and there was some incredibly sappy stuff on it; it made me want to cringe. Things such as, "share a flower with someone you love and make them smile." It's causing me to doubt my type. I've looked at Wikisocion and the examples don't really fit what I saw.
    I find that a very nice idea, although I have never done that.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's a matter of what you consider the word sappy to pertain to. that's obvious ... this thread is a waste of time

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think of those things as part of the "unreal" universe. I don't know where it originates from, or why it begins encroaching... but it does appear in some settings where we're supposed to say "oh, I loooooove you tooooooo!" (not because we really do!) and "let us take a moment to remember the people who really matter in our lives, you'll all be in my thoughts and prayers!" (when really everyone is thinking about their own selfish wants!)

These things really can be real *when they come out when they're actually felt*. And then they mean a lot and one really does feel like they're swimming in love, and bright inside. It's when everything shifts to a fake imposition of this kind of thing that certain members of the group become spontaneously ill and have to excuse themselves so they can clear their heads. I think Fe and Fi can both be found in it, and that most everyone isn't going to like it because it's... fake. (Except for the true believers who try to impose these things all the time, and I find it's usually linked to some larger institution that wants us all to act the same way all the time, and think the same things, and react in perscribed ways to everything, until we become a flock of eversmiling clones!)

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Fe and Fi valuers would probably see differen't things as being sappy.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    it's a matter of what you consider the word sappy to pertain to. that's obvious ... this thread is a waste of time
    It's not a waste of time. The problem is that you're not capable of seeing possibilities. Explain to me why, instead of ignoring the thread, it wouldn't be useful to elucidate on the types of sappiness pertaining to both Fi and Fe.

Jason

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that wasn't what the thread was about.
    -Ian

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything that's been given as examples of being sappy are sappy, and I'm not a fan. Although there are times when I'll sit down and write emails, notes, scribble on a facebook wall little things about how awesome the people I know are and how happy I am that I've gotten to meet them in life, but since this happens only maybe once a year at most, I generally don't think it's over the top. Also, I like Loki's response.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend