Thread: Ti and Certainty

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ti and Certainty

This is one thing I've read about Ti:

"The individual views reality through the lens of logic, immediately recognizing the correctness and appropriateness of things and their proper place in reality and in his system of views and behavior."

What's interesting about this is that it is exactly the opposite of the way I feel. I've found that if I am "immediately aware of the correctness of an idea", then I probably haven't given it enough consideration; the more that I consider an idea, the more that I realize how complex the situation really is, and how hard it is to draw any conclusion at all. For this reason, I think am rarely aware of how correct an idea is. To take a line from Socrates, a wise person is aware of how ignorant they are. This doesn't mean that I think that Ti types who adhere to the above are unwise, as I actually believe the opposite. I just think that there are different styles of Ti, or maybe I'm not a Ti-leading type at all...

Jason

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    but aren't you certain of being uncertain?
    What you're saying might not be accurate, but I'd rather not get into it, because you're probably just joking and being ironic, which is fine with me (sometimes it's hard to tell on the Internet).

Jason

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    This is one thing I've read about Ti:

"The individual views reality through the lens of logic, immediately recognizing the correctness and appropriateness of things and their proper place in reality and in his system of views and behavior."

What's interesting about this is that it is exactly the opposite of the way I feel. I've found that if I am "immediately aware of the correctness of an idea", then I probably haven't given it enough consideration; the more that I consider an idea, the more that I realize how complex the situation really is, and how hard it is to draw any conclusion at all. For this reason, I think am rarely aware of how correct an idea is. To take a line from Socrates, a wise person is aware of how ignorant they are. This doesn't mean that I think that Ti types who adhere to the above are unwise, as I actually believe the opposite. I just think that there are different styles of Ti, or maybe I'm not a Ti-leading type at all...

Jason
    that is not a feat. you can be very ignorant and still know that you are

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    but aren't you certain of being uncertain?
    not if you are a pyrrhonist

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    that is not a feat. you can be very ignorant and still know that you are
    There's no need to take it too literally. I just think that there is a relationship between being aware of the complexity of a problem (which causes one to lack confidence in their solution) and being wise.

Jason

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a bad description, and definitely Se > Ne. (Oops, did I just confirm it?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the more that I consider an idea, the more that I realize how complex the situation really is, and how hard it is to draw any conclusion at all.
    Yeah... Ne sucks. Most days I passionately hate it. lol
    IEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TiSe vs TiNe
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...