EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    How to correct an ENFp:

ENFp: *peels a mango with a knife*
    ISTp: *watches* Hun, you're gonna slice off the end of your finger.
    ENFp: Hm. It's not sharp. See? *taps her fingers with the blade*
    ISTp: Dull knives are the worst. Unless they're not knives.
    ENFp: How should it be done?
    ISTp: On a cutting board?
    ENFp: Oh. *glances at the cutting board*
    ENFp: *continues on as before*
    ISTp: *continues eating his eggs*
    And that's why I doubt SLIs are result types.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Well, I guess it depends on how you view the results. He did make her more aware of what was going on, giving her access to the info and tools she would need, if she desired them. I think that awareness was in fact his goal.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Strangely I'm feeling a bit of insomnia....
    weird

anyway, Sunday was my sister's welcome baby shower and my sister, the bad planner, put some of us to the task to plan and make ALL of the shower happen.

I was in charge of games and the gifts for these games.
    My dual cousin was in charge of the flower design and candy arrangements

So we got to the location about an hr early to set up. One thing about the game I was setting up was to put up an eisel to play pin the tail on the donkey. Well, I didn't set that up because I didn't think it would fit in my car so I needed help in doing it there. I started to take the parts out of the bag and got frustrated. I don't usually like doing fix up things by myself and I needed help so I called one cousin up and she just couldn't read instructions and help follow them to a task done. I had to wait for my dual cousin to finish making the table pretty and as soon as she was done I grabbed her and we got the job done in five minutes.

Playing and arranging games in a room full of 70 people and 10 kids coming up at you and trying to grab your attention is HARD. I had the mic in my hand and I was so flustered by so many directions calling my attention that I wasn't being active and directive. My dual cousin came right up to me from her seat and started to give me orders. "Maritsa, announce the game. Now, bring the chairs and line them up like this. Where will you put the trays? Ok, that's a good idea." She was right there with me directing my actions and we had so much fun.

Towards the end of the party she had to bag the candy for the guests and kids to take away as favors and the other person in charge of the bags got only 40 bags, there were 70 guests. She improvised by making her own bags but got frustrated when she couldn't find a tie. I stepped in and said she could use the roses I got as a part of one of the games and wrap the wire like a tie. She loved it. She smiled at me and got some kids to collect all the roses and she made a beautiful parting bag of candy for the guests.

When we went to sit down the cake servers did not leave us a slice of cake and no one bothered to reserve some for us. *Hard workers are never around for the treat apparently*
    I saw a cake on the other table and grabbed it. We shared that slice and we ate it like we hadn't seen cake in years. She smiled at me and got the server to bring the table another round of cake and when the cake came she made sure to hand me a slice.

After the whole shower, after giving her a hand to her car, she and I hugged and let out this exhausted sigh and we stood there for a few minutes talking and observing the guests leave.

We are such a great, loving team and we get the job done.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think Result / Right / Involutionary is?
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Well, I guess it depends on how you view the results. He did make her more aware of what was going on, giving her access to the info and tools she would need, if she desired them. I think that awareness was in fact his goal.
    Hmm, it's just that I'd say all SLIs I've met talk about the "correct" way of doing things, and only under stress or laziness will they do something just to get a result.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    What do you think Result / Right / Involutionary is?
    The only dichotomy that I have a say on is result/process. My take on result is subscribing to "the ends justify the means" or at least being susceptible to that kind of belief.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only dichotomy that I have a say on is result/process. My take on result is subscribing to "the ends justify the means" or at least being susceptible to that kind of belief.
    I'd say it's something like that. I'm not entirely sure myself, but I think I understand the differences visually.

Process:____________:Result

Process types focus on the resulting developments of a situation; they see things from the perspective of definite and simple beginnings towards indefinite and complicated ends. They evolve the problem until the issue has been resolved by unfolding it.

Result types focus on the processes of a situation; they see things from the perspective of indefinite and complicated beginnings towards definite and simple ends. They devolve the problem until the issue has been resolved by packing it all together.

===

I think your situation is too limited to be able to be analyzed in and of itself itself, but because, overall, your SLI did not have the need to draw out the situation to expand upon "you're gonna slice off the end of your finger", and stopped when the point was made, is indicative of Result.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

"Hi pretty girl."

"I just want you to know, when we have a house..."
    yeah?
    "there will be a room in the house..."
    yeah?
    "with posters on the wall..."
    yeah?
    "and movies on shelves..."
    yeah?
    "and a big screen TV..."
    ok!
    "and one chair..."
    Oh really? I just want to tell you, when we have a house there will be a room...
    "wait, you can do anything you want with the rest of the house."
    hah
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So, my LSE friend and and LSI friend and I go to a bar together on Sunday evening (yes, I do that rarely).

The conversation begins with the cute waitress:

Me: Bren (LSI), the waitress and you would make a good match. She's so attracted to you. Look at her, she can't remove herself from this room and stands there and watches you, while trying to make small talk. Ask her for her number.
    LSI: How do you know that? I'm in introvert, stop this is making me feel uncomfortable. I'm starting to sweat at all the pressure...see, need to have the shirt dry cleaned now.
    Me: LOL
    LSE: These waiters....I should ask the redhead out.
    LSI: Who? That one with the tattoo?
    LSE: Yeah that one...Maritsa what type is she?
    Me: The fickle kind...
    LSE: Great, like the last one I dated right?
    Me: Right.
    LSI: I don't see the dark hair one today. I come here to watch the Dodger's games because I don't have a TV; I order a $6 drink and hand her a $10 bill and she asks me if I want change. Can you f-ing believe that? She wasn't going to bring MY CHANGE (in an elevated tone).
    Justin: What's wrong with that?
    LSI: It's WRONG. It's like cheating...(this is where LSI's morality comes in)
    LSE: Well, that isn't all that bad because at least that person is brining home the bread, what's worse is when they steal by bringing you a drink that they don't charge, the meanwhile expecting a higher tip. (This is showing off the LSE's preference for Rules and Objective laws).

Me: I think a waitress should (Fi baby!!!) not steal and bring the change back no matter what amount and let the customer decide (both moral and lawful)
    -