Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Park - ISTj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well this thread has been productive in the eleven hours since I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I don't deal with enneagram, so I wouldn't know about that (personally I think it's not even proto-science). But I can say this: if you are beta (what happenend to your sig?), you reason from your quadra values, and although betas can be rebellious, they are collectivists by nature. Betas have a tendecy to think they are special people, but in reality they are just sheep in a flock. There is no quadra more deluded in their self-concepts than the beta quadra.
    No. Che Guevara and Castro had six guys with them when they decided to overthrow Cuba. Beta groups have a tendency for the underdog story as they usually start in the utter minority and become the utter majority as their movement snowballs. Betas do not need to be collectivist because Betas do not value those who do not share their cause. If no one shares their cause, Betas will generally act alone or recede into meticulous planning. Similarly, Deltas view everyone as an individual and see no common cause so they are more likely to simply accept a person into their group (i.e. be collectivists). Cutting away personal ties is horrible for a Delta; it is easy and natural for a Beta, if the Beta feels no unity among the members of the group.

As per Winterpark, just from his short description:
    I'm a perfectionist. I am highly concerned with quality and plan and premeditate a lot of my actions in advance. I live a life of broken dreams and unfulfilled desires. A life of high ideals and burning passions, filled with perpetual dissatisfaction and endless pain. I indulge in fruitless efforts and self-destructive habits. I grow mustache.
    Most people who describe themselves as perfectionists are Si demonstrative ESIs and LSIs, who really care about everything being perfect. A SLI would only acknowledge a life of unfulfilled desires when really drunk. Similarly, neither high ideals nor burning passions are reminiscent of SLI or LSE. Winterpark is going for the dramatic in a good part of this quote (kind of cheap and outdated, but otherwise not bad), which would be strange for a SLI spilling his guts. Otherwise, thinking actions out in advance does not sound like something of the IP temperament.

In answer to the original question, yes ISTj makes more sense for you.
    Surtout, pas trop de zèle.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZTCrawcrustle View Post
    As per Winterpark, just from his short description: Most people who describe themselves as perfectionists are Si demonstrative ESIs and LSIs, who really care about everything being perfect. A SLI would only acknowledge a life of unfulfilled desires when really drunk. Similarly, neither high ideals nor burning passions are reminiscent of SLI or LSE. Winterpark is going for the dramatic in a good part of this quote (kind of cheap and outdated, but otherwise not bad), which would be strange for a SLI spilling his guts. Otherwise, thinking actions out in advance does not sound like something of the IP temperament.

In answer to the original question, yes ISTj makes more sense for you.
    +1

Ahhh the irony of it all...

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sure do conflict.

But so wait...if WP is LSI, I might be too.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZTCrawcrustle View Post
    No. Che Guevara and Castro had six guys with them when they decided to overthrow Cuba. Beta groups have a tendency for the underdog story as they usually start in the utter minority and become the utter majority as their movement snowballs. Betas do not need to be collectivist because Betas do not value those who do not share their cause. If no one shares their cause, Betas will generally act alone or recede into meticulous planning. Similarly, Deltas view everyone as an individual and see no common cause so they are more likely to simply accept a person into their group (i.e. be collectivists). Cutting away personal ties is horrible for a Delta; it is easy and natural for a Beta, if the Beta feels no unity among the members of the group.
    Well put.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    You sure do conflict.

But so wait...if WP is LSI, I might be too.

YUP

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I vote someone redo the wikisocion description of LSI asap. That is the saddest excuse for a description if I've ever seen one.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I vote someone redo the wikisocion description of LSI asap. That is the saddest excuse for a description if I've ever seen one.
    Maybe you should contribute

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-

It is a bit... unhelpful. You almost have to look all around the wiki and put things together for yourself to come up w a good description.

Anyway, here's a different one:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick's blogspot: LSI
    LSIs generally strive for organizational influence (except perhaps those whose maternal role takes first seat) and decision-making powers. They know they have what it takes to make organizational decisions and keep track of all parts of the organization. Psychologically engaged LSIs seem to be within or at the head of organizations with a clear structure whose purpose is not so much production as administration and management. Even if their profession is arts, humanities, or science related, they emphasize and deal with the organizational aspect of it as they become more and more successful. I have met many LSIs who were heads of all sorts of organizations which wielded real authority (as opposed to, say, NGOs), probably because the LSIs cared most; their level of self-identification with their position and organization is high. I have seen LSIs as heads of administrative organizations, government bodies, universities, etc. In these positions LSIs strive to increase their organizations' clout and status.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you should contribute
    LSI's: They have moustaches, they like to plan stuff, they're kinda boring, they look like Hilary Clinton, they like beer.

Done. Add it.

Creepy-Cyclops

WP gets his type confirmed as christmas gift?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI's: They have moustaches, they like to plan stuff, they're kinda boring, they look like Hilary Clinton, they like beer.

Done. Add it.
    I ain't your slave, hoe!

I thought you would do well since you actually know one particular LSI VERY intimately...

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People would mistake it for an SLI description

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...except for the parts about risk taking, need for passion and intensity of experience, gambling, excessive drinking, crassness...you know, all of those obscenely BETA things about you.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that was just a phase...I've really calmed down a lot. I don't know what was going on in my head when i did some of the things i did.Well...that's not to say I don't still enjoy those things but I just don't necessarily still do them.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HMMMMMM...

*strokes nonexistant beard*

*wonders when the last time an SLI got road rage could possibly have been*

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey LokiV/SongofSappho/Iannu/etc if you're reading this, so when someone cuts you off, you don't have the urge to kill them?? Please answer.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beyond exasperation.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've literally wanted to...on a daily basis. This morning, for example.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Road rage? I'm horrible with road rage. I get angry at people who actually wait the full 3 seconds at a stop sign.

I have to navigate through a 4-way stop to & from work, and on the way home it's always backed up. Nearly every work day I catch myself saying crap like "OK, pay attention, it was your turn - IT WAS YOUR TURN YOU DUMB FUCK! So everybody else pay attention 'cause dickwad here fucked up the rotation ... OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR YOU PRICK! ... Oh no you don't, it's MY TURN NOW motherfucker and I AM fucking going, so if you wanna argue with the insurance company, I ASSURE you I will not lose out!"

... etc, etc. I'm like the anti-backseat-driver with other people, too, because I also berate the drivers around the car I'm in when I'm a passenger. It's like I take the other people's incompetence personally (although when you look at it, their stupidity could cost me my life, so what's more personal than that?). Seriously, I have tried to calm down my road rage at various points throughout the past 8 or so years ... but any improvements I ever gain eventually wear away and I'm back to abusing my steering wheel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Creepy-Cyclops

Road rage gets me sometimes as well haha

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post

*wonders when the last time an SLI got road rage could possibly have been*
    For me, it was yesterday.

Hey LokiV/SongofSappho/Iannu/etc if you're reading this, so when someone cuts you off, you don't have the urge to kill them?? Please answer.

LOL I experience road rage, for sure.

I'm about to go shopping for a last-minute gift in downtown Atlanta on Christmas Eve. It's possible I'll have a story later

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iAnnAu View Post
    Road rage? I'm horrible with road rage. I get angry at people who actually wait the full 3 seconds at a stop sign.

I have to navigate through a 4-way stop to & from work, and on the way home it's always backed up. Nearly every work day I catch myself saying crap like "OK, pay attention, it was your turn - IT WAS YOUR TURN YOU DUMB FUCK! So everybody else pay attention 'cause dickwad here fucked up the rotation ... OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR YOU PRICK! ... Oh no you don't, it's MY TURN NOW motherfucker and I AM fucking going, so if you wanna argue with the insurance company, I ASSURE you I will not lose out!"
    lol! I'm afraid I do the same.

Oh hey Song, knock down some pedestrians for me, k? Me and pedestrian crosswalks don't mix.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult
    I don't deal with enneagram, so I wouldn't know about that (personally I think it's not even proto-science). But I can say this: if you are beta (what happenend to your sig?), you reason from your quadra values, and although betas can be rebellious, they are collectivists by nature. Betas have a tendecy to think they are special people, but in reality they are just sheep in a flock. There is no quadra more deluded in their self-concepts than the beta quadra.
    No. See ZT's response to you; it addressed your errors. As far as I can see, you have no basis for this statement, other than misguided stereotypes of my quadra.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Is this serious? You don't want to learn how to drive? I know a couple people who have gone into their 50s without ever learning to drive. They never felt like they needed to or wanted to. They had the opportunity to, yet never took it. I don't understand this.

O_O that's crazy.

Ritella, go get a freaking license. Nobody likes a tag-along

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm about to go shopping for a last-minute gift in downtown Atlanta on Christmas Eve. It's possible I'll have a story later
    Take MARTA. It's SMARTA.

(Why is it that every slogan dreamt up by the Atlanta goverment sucks?)

Seriously, if there's any way possible to leave your car behind, I'd do it. You're just going to kill someone innocent.
    IEE

Creepy-Cyclops

I always think of America being too big to be able to get by without a car. I always imagine you guys living 100 miles from your work and stuff (ok slight exageration )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Atlanta, that's pretty close to the truth. There are some crazy people who commute from Chattanooga to Atlanta, and that's around 100 miles one-way. Personally, I think those people are nuts, but whatever. The majority of people who work in the city center and live in the burbs have a travel distance of 30-40 miles.

I can't handle that, because I get road rage too. I did the 30 mile commute a few years ago, and every day I arrived at work ticked off and ready to rant at just about anybody. I'm surprised I didn't develop an ulcer.
    IEE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's very simple, I don't supervise winterpark

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    It's very simple, I don't supervise winterpark
    I have a hard time seeing him as my activity partner, but whatever. Not every person who has ideals and passionate aspirations has to be beta.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I have a hard time seeing him as my activity partner, but whatever. Not every person who has ideals and passionate aspirations has to be beta.
    And not everyone who is your activity partner has to be someone you feel strongly connected to or energized by such that someone as excluding as yourself would be compelled to accept them as such

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    And not everyone who is your activity partner has to be someone you feel strongly connected to or energized by such that someone as excluding as yourself would be compelled to accept them as such
    Yeah, I know. It's obviously not reliable; I was just giving an impression based on my observations of him.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WELL TOO BAD, HE IS LSI

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, he's SLI.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allie, you're always wrong.

And I'm only breaking you down because I love you and want you to survive in the real world, so don't take it personally.

Actually I'm just bored. But you'll thank me some day. For being bored.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've always been deluded.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, that means a lot to me.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Hi. Can I be an ISTj? Does anyone want me in Beta?

INTRO

I'm a perfectionist. I am highly concerned with quality and plan and premeditate a lot of my actions in advance. I live a life of broken dreams and unfulfilled desires. A life of high ideals and burning passions, filled with perpetual dissatisfaction and endless pain. I indulge in fruitless efforts and self-destructive habits. I grow mustache.

you just want to switch because i iz talking about being beta ;D
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    you just want to switch because i iz talking about being beta ;D
    Gamma has intergity, look down on self-indulgence, can be very loyal and caring even to people they are not close to. When I see one of them I pad them in the back.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default lol, lovin' this thread

Quote Originally Posted by mpiazza000 View Post
    Winterpark, I think you should serious consider LSI for yourself, and dont do it becuase of all the crap of how cool betas are, or how much delta is so boring. But please, DO it For me, I like you, I like you alot, and that voice thread that you made, and how you sound on the recording, its like WOW, I must want to get to know him, date him, rape him and everything about him that I will want. YOU can't be a Delta, YOu must be my DUAL, an LSI, an logical senory Introvert, and not an Senory Logical Introvert, just switch the letters around a little bit, and you can ditch the ENFp and have me, NUmbers, as your dual. WHere do you live, I will fly there in the matter of hours and buy you the best lunch you have ever eaten, Stuff like this dont happen often.
    Last edited by Park; 12-25-2008 at 12:15 PM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast