View Poll Results: What kind of diet do you maintain?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • My diet is healthy and balanced, and I pretty much always keep a check on whatever goes in my mouth

5 8.06%
  • I have my weaknesses, but I'm also conscious of how healthy or unhealthy the things I eat are

28 45.16%
  • I eat healthy things sometimes, but I also have a bit of a sweet tooth

7 11.29%
  • I eat mostly junk food, but occasionally consider my health

9 14.52%
  • Judging from my nutritional intake I should have died 3 years ago

7 11.29%
  • Other (please specify)

6 9.68%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your eating preferences

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Yes, it's this emphasis on being weak or strong that I can't quite relate to. Probably much like your dad. I would have stopped to watch the ducks and tried to explain to you how that enriches your life!

Or my priority is to be strong in other areas of my life, like career.
    So you did read some of those old threads
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    So you did read some of those old threads
    Oh, you meant the threads? I was confused because you said blogs. Yes, I read some and that one was so funny. I sided with your dad, lol!
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I think I'm a social exerciser. When you're with other people and you all start pushing each other, I love that. I start encouraging people and doing more and working harder. It's competitiveness and show-offness that gets me going more than anything else. It's like. . . when you were a kid did you ever play "King of the Hill?" Every day you can walk past a hill, and "yeah, it's a hill, big deal" but when you're playing "King of the Hill" it's totally different, you need that hill, you've got to get to the top and stay there.

I remember playing with my cousins and my sister. When I was 6 they were 8, 12 and 14, but that didn't stop me from trying even when they'd throw me down over and over. One time they all got tired and started to go home so I took my chance and ran to the stop shouting my victory. They ignored me with a "Whatever Diana" kind of thing and the victory became meaningless. Grr. Anyway, my point was that when everyone is fighting over the hill, it's fun and exciting. When nobody wants it, it's just another hill. And I find likewise that when exercising with someone else who is about the same level as me or above, I get a lot more out of it than I do by myself or with those who are much slower/less involved etc.
    This is so interesting! I prefer exercising alone or with someone who is not competitive and competition isn't really a motivation factor for me. I really love watching my progress like increasing intensity, running a longer distance, etc. I used to go to the gym with my ISTp ex, but we each did our thing (we did weights together, but obviously not for competition) and just enjoyed going together and spending time at the gym. I guess for me it's about myself and how I can get better and healthier and stronger. Perhaps it's because I used to play Basketball where competition plays out differently than in track or things like that.

Diana and the hill is cute!

I had one great experience in middle school though. We were trying out for track competitions and I was ok in the 100 meters, but never nearly good enough for the relay team. Then my friend said to run the try-outs in her group and I didn't want to because she was REALLY fast. But she convinced me and I ran by far my fastest time ever (about two seconds faster) and was the first substitute runner for the relay team. The funny thing was that I was TERRIFIED I would have to actually run because it was not really in my reality that I was a fast runner. I didn't have to run, so I could enjoy the success.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm a social exerciser. When you're with other people and you all start pushing each other, I love that. I start encouraging people and doing more and working harder. It's competitiveness and show-offness that gets me going more than anything else. It's like. . . when you were a kid did you ever play "King of the Hill?" Every day you can walk past a hill, and "yeah, it's a hill, big deal" but when you're playing "King of the Hill" it's totally different, you need that hill, you've got to get to the top and stay there.

I remember playing with my cousins and my sister. When I was 6 they were 8, 12 and 14, but that didn't stop me from trying even when they'd throw me down over and over. One time they all got tired and started to go home so I took my chance and ran to the stop shouting my victory. They ignored me with a "Whatever Diana" kind of thing and the victory became meaningless. Grr. Anyway, my point was that when everyone is fighting over the hill, it's fun and exciting. When nobody wants it, it's just another hill. And I find likewise that when exercising with someone else who is about the same level as me or above, I get a lot more out of it than I do by myself or with those who are much slower/less involved etc.
    perfect to me. ill be your exercise partner. playful competition is my main motivating factor.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    perfect to me. ill be your exercise partner. playful competition is my main motivating factor.
    If I train with someone, I don't want it to be playful, and competition feels superfluous. We have an agreement to do what we're gonna do, and that's it. Just don't fall behind, because you will not be helped, lol. And also don't expect any "enjoyment" from it; I'll most likely cringe and leave if someone gets all "positive." Just hit me in the stomach during leg raises and I'll be your friend forever
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just hit me in the stomach during leg raises and I'll be your friend forever
    INFps...

dbmmama, I think it was you who posted a video of that bitchy personal trainer? I could never work with someone like that. I would punch her nose and walk out. I couldn't even help it...
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

strrrng, you need to be my personal trainer as it appears you have like what...a 14 pack? I've been trying to get myself a six pack for the last 3 months and it's not working...if not a six pack, at least some slight definition

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    strrrng, you need to be my personal trainer as it appears you have like what...a 14 pack? I've been trying to get myself a six pack for the last 3 months and it's not working...if not a six pack, at least some slight definition
    just run! (with an empty stomach)
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like to eat healthy foods. unprocessed, and rather bland. i also like to take myself incredibly seriously on the internet.
    asd

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    settle down. don't let partial hydrogenation get to you.
    why did they have to do it though? cause it tastes so good? well it doesn't. personally, food from a microwave tastes really bad to me. i want good cheese not a bubbling mess.
    asd

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    What? so you're saying you don't live on hot pockets and tater tots like the rest of our lovely nation? Ever sink your teeth into a Monte Cristo? You pass out at first but it's like really hard core. You all should try living life on the edge a little... you know, play Russian roulette with your cholesterol. Fun times.
    eh, it doesn't seem worth it. eating healthy is like taking birth control. nah, not really, but you get the idea?
    asd

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is interesting, because I'm exactly the opposite (I think, that in part it shows a difference of NT vs SF club). I don't like to exercise with other people too much, because when they get competitive, they usually don't like it when they lose, so I have to let them win and get a lot less of an exercise; I understand how it's stupid, but that's just the way I'm done. The only execption is a race, there I feel more justified to do well without others being angry at me.

In team sports, it's different, because the performance level is more diffuse, and you can't exactly pinpoint with certainty who makes a difference and who does not.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I think this is interesting, because I'm exactly the opposite (I think, that in part it shows a difference of NT vs SF club). I don't like to exercise with other people too much, because when they get competitive, they usually don't like it when they lose, so I have to let them win and get a lot less of an exercise; I understand how it's stupid, but that's just the way I'm done. The only execption is a race, there I feel more justified to do well without others being angry at me.
    That's interesting. I pretty much dislike exercising with people for the same reason. They either want you to pander to them, "buddy-up" for support, or yeah, they get competitive in a "friendly" way, which is dumb to me. If you want to compete, just say it; and it should be something worth competing at (i.e. sparring, not random weight lifting shit). So, I can't really say that I would feel bad owning someone if they did try to compete, because it's their own fault. And if they really don't like it, maybe they'll do each of us the favor of not training with me again. That being said, this situation is highly unlikely, as I can count the number of people I have trained/would train with on one hand.

In team sports, it's different, because the performance level is more diffuse, and you can't exactly pinpoint with certainty who makes a difference and who does not.
    Yeah, I pretty much hate that. I just don't want to take up others' slack or have them bother with mine. Sure, there's elegance in watching individuals band together and perform in harmony. But I still can't be bothered for any group-think, "go for it, guys!" bullshit.

On a side note, tendencies in this realm seem to be generally related to instinct stacking.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't work out with others..too distracting. I like going to the gym and watching fat people treat it like it's social hour. Hey, they're at least inside a gym so maybe that's a step up.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't work out with others..too distracting. I like going to the gym and watching fat people treat it like it's social hour. Hey, they're at least inside a gym so maybe that's a step up.
    Exactly, lol. Walking on the treadmill with the tv on, your ipod in, and a magazine in front of you. Yeah, go for it, the biggest loser. These people need to be sent out to the woods and scared shitless into actually living. I hate seeing them at the weight room; they are a disgrace to exercise. There are old men in there that go harder than 27 year-old guys (who are there with their girlfriends, ugh).
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, everyday I go I see at least 2 or 3 talking on their cellphones...talking on their cellphones while they're running on a treadmill. What on earth could be that important? There's this one woman I watch who goes with her friend and she'll do about 5 minutes on the treadmill going the slowest pace possible, flip thru her magazine, stop, get a drink, chit chat for a good half hour, go do a two or three arm lifts and then go into the corner and sit on machines while catching up with her friend. I mean wtf...just say screw it and eat yourself up to 500 lbs. Might as well.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, everyday I go I see at least 2 or 3 talking on their cellphones...talking on their cellphones while they're running on a treadmill. What on earth could be that important? There's this one woman I watch who goes with her friend and she'll do about 5 minutes on the treadmill going the slowest pace possible, flip thru her magazine, stop, get a drink, chit chat for a good half hour, go do a two or three arm lifts and then go into the corner and sit on machines while catching up with her friend. I mean wtf...just say screw it and eat yourself up to 500 lbs. Might as well.
    Yeah. People hanging by the strings of their last hope of life. I guess being there gives them some illusion of doing something and boosts their spirits, lol. Plus, they probably figure if they can make themselves go there, they can prevent the gorging that would've occurred otherwise.

How great people are. What our society has come to, when mediocrity is the benchmark, and people simply do things perfunctorily, not even understanding the benefit it provides.

It would be so much easier to just exterminate people. Oh, but they deserve life and shit. Forgot.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    I usually keep good track of what I eat. I definitely have my occasional binge, sometimes even on purpose, but I am one of the most healthy eaters that I know. I mean, I give my D&D group a hard time by not allowing them to order pizza every week. Once a month is totally okay though.
    D&D is fuckin deadly.

Eh, Ive lost 60 pounds in about a year. Walked, exericise, now I eat better.

By the end of the school year I probably will be down 70-80 pounds.

Damn you electronic games and introspection!

At least by college Ill be a sexy beast. lol.

Who am I kidding, Im an ENTp-Ti.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah. People hanging by the strings of their last hope of life. I guess being there gives them some illusion of doing something and boosts their spirits, lol. Plus, they probably figure if they can make themselves go there, they can prevent the gorging that would've occurred otherwise.

How great people are. What our society has come to, when mediocrity is the benchmark, and people simply do things perfunctorily, not even understanding the benefit it provides.

It would be so much easier to just exterminate people. Oh, but they deserve life and shit. Forgot.
    You know, people have lives outside of the gym and your surveillance radius. I find it remarkable how much you assume to know about people you watch. No offense, but what is it with your desire to exaggerate how boring and pointless people's lives are when it's just not everyone's idea of an exciting life to run themselves into convulsions?

I can't say that watching fat people in the gym is any more exciting and productive than reading a magazine on the treadmill. I like my gym because people mind their own freaking business. Are you people really that insecure that you need to put down people to feel good about yourselves? Because I can't see any other reason for that sort of behavior.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I eat well. I don't like most processed, fast food, or chain restaurant food. It either tastes like plastic, it's too salty, or there's too much fat and sugar but very little actual flavor. Too much fat or sugar screws up my stomach. I'm a bit of a food snob in that respect. I'll go out of my way to cook real food with more flavorful ingredients than open cans of whatever just 'cause it's the easiest. I don't substitute any 'low fat' stuff, though. I just use the good stuff sparingly. One piece of damn good cheesecake once in a while is better than a slice of bland, low fat cheesecake every other day.
    IEE

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't work out with others..too distracting.
    I don't like socially working out with others, but I do like working out competitively with people. I've tried working out alone—following a routine and all—but I guess the satisfaction of knowing it will benefit me in the long-run isn't enough for me. It's like, "I'm in shape now, so why do I have to work out now?" A shitty attitude, I know, but I can't help it. So the only way I can really feel motivated to work out is if it's competitive in some form. Growing up, I used to juggle swim team with soccer. And after that I started taking this Muay Thai class, which was the first and only contact sport I've tried. Anyway, it just feels like winning now is more motivating to me than potential long-term benefits. I care about both, of course. Unfortunately, unless the problem is right in my face, I don't really notice it sometimes.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, people have lives outside of the gym and your surveillance radius.
    No shit. That has nothing to do with my point. And I could care less about their enthralling lives.

I find it remarkable how much you assume to know about people you watch.
    I don't presume anything; they put it all out on display. It's not my fault they're transparent.

No offense, but what is it with your desire to exaggerate how boring and pointless people's lives are when it's just not everyone's idea of an exciting life to run themselves into convulsions?
    Christ. I made a statement about one area of activity, not peoples' entire lives; stop going all NeFi righteous on me. Like I said, I don't know, presume to know, or care about their lives; I was merely criticizing the recurring patterns I've seen with these abject fools in the weight room. They train like pussies. It doesn't have to be running one's self into convulsions; simply turning off the t.v. and getting your fat ass moving on the treadmill is a start.

I can't say that watching fat people in the gym is any more exciting and productive than reading a magazine on the treadmill.
    Ugh. I don't watch them; they're right there! I can't help but notice the lard trundling on the stairmaster when I walk to the water fountain.

I like my gym because people mind their own freaking business.
    Heh. I like people to mind their business too. And I also like people who go to gyms to actually belong there; not just take up space to convince themselves they're actually doing something with their fat asses.

Are you people really that insecure that you need to put down people to feel good about yourselves? Because I can't see any other reason for that sort of behavior.
    Oh God, Oprah. Lol, give me a break, Kim. Noticing how pathetic someone is, and wanting to curtail their participation in an activity they clearly aren't qualified for, is hardly criteria for being insecure. By your twisted moral judgment, I could just as easily say, "are you that insecure and self-righteous that you feel the need to 'correct' me for rebuking some lards?" You want people to be able to mind their own business, then mind your own, and fuck off with your passive-aggressive, sanctimonious judgments. The fact that you can't see any other reason for our behaviors betrays your insular "morality."

Have a nice day.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

People hanging by the strings of their last hope of life. I guess being there gives them some illusion of doing something and boosts their spirits, lol. Plus, they probably figure if they can make themselves go there, they can prevent the gorging that would've occurred otherwise.
    If you are not presuming anything, what ARE you doing (this is a rhetorical question)?

You want people to be able to mind their own business, then mind your own, and fuck off with your passive-aggressive, sanctimonious judgments. The fact that you can't see any other reason for our behaviors betrays your insular "morality."
    I found myself pretty openly aggressive, but ok. I find it pretty fucking annoying that you deem your way of living the only one that is worth being on this earth and everyone else is just pathetic. It's getting old. I could go around saying how I find your life pathetic because all you do is work out and hang out on the internet, while I do xyz and I could repeat it ad nauseum like you are doing for whatever redundant purpose until I have convinced myself that I and the ones like me are the shit and the rest are all losers who should get the fuck out of my sight.

Get a fucking grip and grow the hell up because your bubble is pretty damn small, which will make your life pretty damn limited and if you shout out this bullshit when you are 30, people will think you are pretty damn ridiculous. What the fuck are you studying Socionics for?

Is that enough fucking Se for you self-righteous beta bully?

I will have to recover now. Going ESTp on Nick has worn me out.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are not presuming anything, what ARE you doing (this is a rhetorical question)?
    lol, fair enough. I guess I initially interpreted it as me actually judging, when it was more of an intuition I ran with.

I found myself pretty openly aggressive, but ok. I find it pretty fucking annoying that you deem your way of living the only one that is worth being on this earth and everyone else is just pathetic. It's getting old. I could go around saying how I find your life pathetic because all you do is work out and hang out on the internet, while I do xyz and I could repeat it ad nauseum like you are doing for whatever redundant purpose until I have convinced myself that I and the ones like me are the shit and the rest are all losers who should get the fuck out of my sight.
    Dumb argument. Now you're the one presuming. I don't deem my way of life the only worthwhile one; I just have certain irritations with recurring behavioral patterns I've seen in others. So what if I express myself dogmatically at times? And say what you like; you don't know what I do with my life, anyway. Let's not forget that I was criticizing one area of interest—exercise. There are no generalities here, only strong condemnation for people that exercise for the wrong reasons, or do it in half-assed ways.

Get a fucking grip and grow the hell up because your bubble is pretty damn small, which will make your life pretty damn limited and if you shout out this bullshit when you are 30, people will think you are pretty damn ridiculous. What the fuck are you studying Socionics for?
    My bubble, lol? Keep making assumptions about what I do and don't believe based off of limited information; I could care less.

Is that enough fucking Se for you self-righteous beta bully?

I will have to recover now. Going ESTp on Nick has worn me out.
    grrr now I'm aroused.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When delta meets beta...
    Seriously, this is so typical, I can't even continue without feeling sort of ridiculous.

Just quit being an ass.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When delta meets beta...
    Seriously, this is so typical, I can't even continue without feeling sort of ridiculous.

Just quit being an ass.
    I can't help it Just like you can't help being moralistic.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm eating a lot lately. trying to get over 3500 kcals a day. I'm burning about that much w/ excercise(my habit is about 1000 calories a day) and my ever increasing metabolic rate. i just ate 1000 calories in 10 minutes and i've digested it already and am hungry again. will it ever stop?
    asd

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I eat rice and peanuts and sandwiches and grapes and salmon and aspartame.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I eat super healthy most of the time, mixed in w/ very, very bad foods here and there. I am completely inconsistent. It completely depends on my mood.

On healthy days...
    I like sugar-free oatmeal w/ soymilk on it and blueberries. Salad w/ a few olives instead of dressing. whole grain rice, salmon, veggies, tofu stirfry, sushi, whole-grain cereal, and juices (I get caught up in the "trendy" ones like pomegranite and acai berries for the antioxidant thing). Also baby carrots, popcorn cakes, dried berries and nuts, pasta w/ red sauce made w/o hardly any oil. I also eat a lot of produce.

On other days...
    mmm...giant chocolate bar! biscotti...sugar cookies....pancakes. Waffles! Cheeseburgers! Rootbear floats...fruit snacks. Brownies!

And then I love going out for Indian, Thai, Italian, Tapas, Mexican, etc.

I think it averages out to probably a normal diet in the end.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus christ kim, calm down.

ooooh Tapas. I just got back from a nice little Tapas restaurant. A+

Creepy-

First day of study abroad trip in Spain:

Professor: Tonight we're going to a tapas bar, and then -
    Random male student: YES!
    Professor: Not a "topless" bar; a tapas bar. Anyway....

Ah, memories.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    First day of study abroad trip in Spain:

Professor: Tonight we're going to a tapas bar, and then -
    Random male student: YES!
    Professor: Not a "topless" bar; a tapas bar. Anyway....

Ah, memories.
    LOOL!!
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I eat anything that looks good, or if i have a craving I usually just buy it than thinking it is not healthy. I think thats why my weight goes up and downs. Becuase when you eat, you tend to eat more, when you skip a meal you tend to eat less during the course of time.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I don't like socially working out with others, but I do like working out competitively with people. I've tried working out alone—following a routine and all—but I guess the satisfaction of knowing it will benefit me in the long-run isn't enough for me. It's like, "I'm in shape now, so why do I have to work out now?" A shitty attitude, I know, but I can't help it. So the only way I can really feel motivated to work out is if it's competitive in some form. Growing up, I used to juggle swim team with soccer. And after that I started taking this Muay Thai class, which was the first and only contact sport I've tried. Anyway, it just feels like winning now is more motivating to me than potential long-term benefits. I care about both, of course. Unfortunately, unless the problem is right in my face, I don't really notice it sometimes.
    I hate working out socially, too. Nor would I ever simply hold up a routine for the sake of consistency, feeling good, or "benefiting" myself; that would be redundant. And although nothing compares to a good sparring session to me, I still find myself able to train fairly consistently. So, I believe this comes from a certain 'self-competition.' I don't think about how much I'm gonna benefit when I run; I just see the task at hand, a goal, and focus on accomplishing it as strongly as possible. And since most people don't really want to compete, I have to do it myself. Exercises like sprints, medicine ball chest slams, and various martial arts drills provide that, because it's like you're in a race with yourself, to see who breaks first. And once you've mastered that kind of self-control, competing with others becomes a joke.

A lot of people like friendly competition -- racing in a sprint and then complimenting each other after, giving a high five after a nice bench press set. That is all so absurd and artificial to me, I don't know where to begin. Real competition with people is where there's an implicit agreement that you're trying to drive each other to failure. The appreciation of the other person will follow naturally, from seeing that there is someone who is willing to push you, not just praise you for bullshit.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Yay fluid mechanics Serious Name's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other.

By that I mean I eat whatever is in front of me. Surprisingly I stay around 175.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

mostly vegetables, meat, eggs, diary, greens, legumes, and fruit. No bread, seldom pasta, sometimes potatoes and rice. Pie/sweet stuff ... rarely.

Ideally very healthy, but I can't always keep up with it and there are moments when I give in to the abominable pizza, salami, chips, sauce, canned tasty junk..
    Last edited by Amber; 04-18-2015 at 12:10 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm allergic to gluten... so... not that.

TIM
    ILI-NI / LII-?
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

live off bread and cereal.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't know. I have no issues eating healthy because I don't like food in that way. I'm just not sure what even is healthy, and if I did know and had a diet that made sense to me then I wouldn't have any issues with it.

Because theres so many conflicting opinions on food I feel overwhelmed and end up just eating what I want because I hate being wrong in thinking that what Im eating is healthy when it isnt. So if i dont even focus on healthiness then i cant be wrong

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast