Thread: Leading and suggestive function

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Leading and suggestive function

Following up on the thread on Si, I would like to broaden the discussion to other information elements, as I think we're on to something (or must I say that I am on to something?)

What the thread on Si has done for me, is that it was about a clear example how an information element worked out as a leading or creative function (how it works, what it does, what benefits it offers), but also why a person is awed by it if it is their suggestive function.I needed the concrete example to understand it, instead of just something abstract such as "SLIs are naturally good at knowing what kinds of activities and stimuli will produce which sensations and physical states in themselves and the people around them"

So I would like to ask people of all types: take what you consider your leading function, and then translate that into a question for another person, where you inquire if they experience the same thing (e.g. what my gf did: "Can you experience a flavor by just thinking about it?"). Be as concrete as you can.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an Si PoLR and I can do what your girlfriend did. Unlike a true Si-Ego person, I would simply never assume that others would like my tastes.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZTCrawcrustle View Post
    I have an Si PoLR and I can do what your girlfriend did. Unlike a true Si-Ego person, I would simply never assume that others would like my tastes.
    Okay, I take you word for it. Note that my gf never assumed I like her tastes, but asked me if I had this abliity to reproduce a sensation at will with external stimuli.

Anyway, perhaps you can eloborate on my question: is there something of which you do assume (or have assumed) other people should do/experience too and is related to socionic functions?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will take me a while to think of it. I can neither say that I do not assume about others and am naive nor say that I assume a lot about them.

I always thought others are able to make the same mental leaps that I am. I no longer see that this is the case, but have no logical reason as per why. But this does not stem from my leading function.