Thread: question on Si

Hybrid View

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    yes, it's a word. It's what I meant when I said you stop tasting it when you stop thinking about it. There's no residual flavor left behind. But the reason I'd give for eating is that imagination doesn't fill your stomach.
    Not an unimportant aspect of eating indeed!
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I remember what foods taste like as well as I remember what they look like. How can you not conjure up what various foods would taste like? How could you cook otherwise if you couldn't know what different seasonings, etc. would taste like together?

This is making me wonder what other things I assume everyone does...I know I always assumed everyone saw silly images floating in their mind before falling asleep, but I've recently heard that most people don't. Do you guys see images (like dreams while you're awake) before falling asleep?
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    This is making me wonder what other things I assume everyone does...I know I always assumed everyone saw silly images floating in their mind before falling asleep, but I've recently heard that most people don't. Do you guys see images (like dreams while you're awake) before falling asleep?
    ah, no. but once when I was on a morphine drip, I did. it was creepy and I thought I was losing my mind. most unpleasant.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do. Maybe that's because I have trouble completely clearing my mind of what I've been thinking of. Recently when I've remembered my dreams, I realized that I'm processing old emotions and the people involved will pop up in various scenes. I remember a lot of my dreams in general, too. There have been times that I've been dreaming, and I actually know that I'm dreaming and tell myself to wake up.
    IEE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    I do. Maybe that's because I have trouble completely clearing my mind of what I've been thinking of. Recently when I've remembered my dreams, I realized that I'm processing old emotions and the people involved will pop up in various scenes. I remember a lot of my dreams in general, too. There have been times that I've been dreaming, and I actually know that I'm dreaming and tell myself to wake up.
    me too. I once died in a freefalling elevator in my dream. But I knew it was a dream and that I died so I just woke up then.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    I don't know if the images I see are silly, I would rather say 'random'.anyway, I like it. Especially the stuff that pops up in the 'twilight zone'. I even tried to rain myself to stay in the twilight zone, but never succeeded.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I remember what foods taste like as well as I remember what they look like. How can you not conjure up what various foods would taste like? How could you cook otherwise if you couldn't know what different seasonings, etc. would taste like together?

my sis can taste foods like you describe and was also surprised when i told her i couldnt. everyone raves over her food, which she never uses recipes to make. not only do i not taste foods in my mind, but i dont like most foods anyway, so, i guess it doesnt matter.

i do see images very clearly though. very. im very visual, both in the physical and in my mind. my awake and sleeping dreams have always been important things in my life. mostly giving me inspiration and visions for what i want to manifest in physical reality. and usually the answer on how to do it comes along with it, so, i do.

hubby is a big movie buff and he likened it to alfred hitchcock who could visualize a whole movie in his head and then would go about making it, but hating the making it part because it never "measured up" to his vision. it's like he already made it, why do it all over again? that's similar to how it is for me. someone else similar is stephen king. he's hubby's fav author on many levels. stephen "channels" the story "through" him, he allows the story to write itself, he says in a book he wrote on writing. that is how i am when creating, allowing "whatever" to flow through me. that is me at my "best."

back to the subject...tastebuds? dont really care much....

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    which she never uses recipes to make
    My gf calls it 'cooking from the wrist'

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    My gf calls it 'cooking from the wrist'
    I wish I could cook from the wrist. hmph.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Cyclops

I'm hungry

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I'm hungry
    is that a call to action, or just letting us know?

I'm the opposite of this, I can't do that. I even eat the same exact food everyday without getting bored, because I forget what food tastes like that quickly. I only have a general idea what it tastes like.

Do you guys see images (like dreams while you're awake) before falling asleep?
    Yeah but more like fleeting videos on top of eachother (sort of). But that sort of can happen whenever I just close my eyes. Not really silly though. They are related to what I'm thinking about.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp