TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bo Pelini

Bo Pelini isn’t real big on small talk.

“I don’t always say a whole lot,” he told me recently. “But I notice everything.”

As he climbed the coaching ladder, Pelini presumably noticed the strongest traits of George Seifert, Ray Rhodes, Pete Carroll, Mike Sherman, Les Miles, Bob Stoops and Frank Solich — men Pelini mentioned Sunday as being mentors.

Now comes the chance to learn from another mentor. This will be fascinating to watch — Pelini and Tom Osborne. The brash and admittedly emotional former Ohio State free safety learning from the famously calm and understated former congressman and legendary coach. Together they will try to pull Nebraska from the depths of a startling football depression that sometimes seems surreal.
    http://journalstar.com/articles/2007...b454895997.txt

If anyone remembers my Tom Osborne thread, comments are welcomed on both.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surely the Snyder situation was the impetus behind the reporter’s question: Your emotions and passions, will you have to temper them now? After all, goes the line of thinking, Pelini’s now a head coach for the first time.

Pelini paused. He chuckled. It was a nervous chuckle. He started to answer, then paused. It was sort of uncomfortable for a few seconds.

No problem. Pelini’s newest mentor was sitting right behind him. Pelini turned and looked at Osborne, as if seeking guidance. Osborne shrugged his shoulders, as if to say, “You’re on your own on this one, young fella.”

Everyone laughed and comfort returned.

Let the Pelini era begin.

“I’m going to be who I am,” Pelini said. “I’m not going to change.”

He repeated it for emphasis.

“Bo Pelini’s not going to change.”

The native of Youngstown, Ohio, is a boxing fan and a devoted family man. He enjoys Bruce Springsteen and coaching defense. Baby, he was born to lead (my apologies to The Boss). At least that’s what virtually every one of his former players will tell you. They’ll tell you he has a natural way of inspiring them. Maybe it’s his glare, or his tough-guy persona, or his ultraconfident demeanor, or his sheer intelligence. He’s whip-smart.

Whatever the case, he gets players to play hard.

“If you don’t play hard, you don’t have much of a chance,” said Osborne, the most powerful interim athletic director in the history of college sport.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's been an assistant at LSU so his games have been seen... just not with him as head coach... instead it's been Les Miles. He does seem to be pretty animated at times on the side lines but I think that's just part of having a good team on the field.

I think Nebraska's made a good choice with him. Unlike what Arkansas has done with their coaching situation.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be real cool to see how many times nebraska and bo pelini are mentioned during the NC game

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump

http://media.journalstar.com/videos/?mid=M49309e5c25543

Strikes me as E8
    Probably SLE
    MAYBE LSE, but I'm not sure. He reminds me of a more sane version of an SLE I know.