Thread: Andrew Jackson

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Douchebag?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why's that?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not from those quotes, just from his actions as I've read about them. For instance, his treatment of the Indians, and his conduct in one of the wars after a truce was called (if I understand correctly - I can't find that at the moment, but I believe it may have been the War of 1812).

I pity your souls

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oic

There's something about his pics that I find unsettling, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, if I were to try to explain it... From the portraits of him, he looks like someone who would be inclined to do these horrible, foolish, and pretty much insane things and not even hear people who are telling him that it's a bad idea. Basically, he looks like someone who would be absolutely impossible to reason with, a villain who believes he is doing the right thing and fails to recognize that he's just trying to strengthen his own ego. If I didn't know that he was a US President, I would have seen the images and thought of a dictator who would instantly banish or execute anyone who questioned him.

Of course, this is all just me and my imagination. Regardless, for some reason warning bells went off in my head when I saw an image of him.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I have only two regrets: I didn't shoot Henry Clay and I didn't hang John C. Calhoun." That's right. In a life rich with murdering people for little-to-no reason, Jackson's only regret was that he didn't kill quite enough people. People like Calhoun who, it should be noted, was Jackson's vice president.
    lol

Yep... That page describes Jackson pretty much as I imagined he would be, minus any mention of any completely senseless executive decisions.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guns were inspected afterwards and it was discovered that they were in perfect working order, leading some historians to believe that it was an odds-defying "miracle" that Jackson survived, while we're pretty sure that the bullets, like everyone else, were simply scared of Jackson.
    LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The quotes weren't too bad.

Anyways, I was thinking possibly SLE for him?
    SEE

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He doesn't look ESTp... Looks like a Gamma extrovert.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    SLE? I don't really get that impression from him. Not sure.
    I'm going by descriptions of him here, not VI.

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    He doesn't look ESTp... Looks like a Gamma extrovert.
    By VI, he seems intuitive and probably introverted, imo. Or maybe just a strong intuitive subtype? Or maybe he was just always really heavily drugged by whoever's puppet he was?

idk, something about him is just very off (looking at the portraits). I don't often get this type of negative impression from a person's appearance.

Bottom line: At this point I'm pretty much assuming that he just had an "intuitive" look because he was insane. This is based on the combination of his portraits and the article bionicgoat linked to. He's almost like a US version of Caligula, but not as bad because he didn't have as much power.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta NF?
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been studying him for the last couple of days. IMO, he strikes me as SEE, and if not then SLE.

One thing that struck me as being gamma was when he purposefully took a bullet in a dual in order to get a clean shot to kill his opponent over a comment he had made about Jackson's wife. His wife's honor was more important to him than his health or the other guy's life.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Yeah, definitely. I was actually discussing this with someone recently. It had come off to me as very Gamma also. That's one of the things I really admired about him, despite all of the articles about how insane he was. Haha.
    Well I'd probably do that and I'm no gamma extrovert.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean View Post
    I have been studying him for the last couple of days. IMO, he strikes me as SEE, and if not then SLE.

One thing that struck me as being gamma was when he purposefully took a bullet in a dual in order to get a clean shot to kill his opponent over a comment he had made about Jackson's wife. His wife's honor was more important to him than his health or the other guy's life.
    I don't know that this is quadra-specific. I could see a lot of people doing the same thing, simply out of genuine loyalty, not necessarily some "Fi" bond.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I don't know that this is quadra-specific. I could see a lot of people doing the same thing, simply out of genuine loyalty, not necessarily some "Fi" bond.
    probably so

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for his type, Ni-ENTj seems like a very safe bet.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry, but I'd be pissed off at a guy who took a bullet just because someone said something negative about me. Wtf is that? It's okay for you to get shot over something so meaningless? What have you accomplished, other than getting yourself shot? Even if he could shoot the other guy without getting himself shot I'd still be pissed off. Why allow yourself to be brought so low so easily? People say shit about other people. It happens. It's not worth shooting someone over.

Recklessness annoys me.

And everything about that guy bothers me.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jackson is SEE.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jackson is no LIE. His economic policies are a good indicator that he is not an LIE, and SEE is far more likely.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    Douchebag?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm not saying Andrew Jackson was a saint as he's done his bad deeds obviously. However, he's done good as well, but it's unfortunately ignored with attention to the bad that he's done painting him as a villain when he was actually a complex character. As for his type, I'm not sure, I've seen SEE thrown around and that is a possibility, but SLE could work too as an alternative.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry, but I'd be pissed off at a guy who took a bullet just because someone said something negative about me. Wtf is that? It's okay for you to get shot over something so meaningless? What have you accomplished, other than getting yourself shot? Even if he could shoot the other guy without getting himself shot I'd still be pissed off. Why allow yourself to be brought so low so easily? People say shit about other people. It happens. It's not worth shooting someone over.

Well, this is obviously late for me to explain, but honor, in early America, was very important and very strictly held to. Jackson wasn't being reckless, he was doing something customary for the time.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE