• Ti/Ne (INTj or ENTp)

4 80.00%
  • Te/Ni (INTp or ENTj)

0 0%
  • some form of ST

0 0%
  • Feeler!

1 20.00%

Thread: Type this Thought Process - Ti/Ne or Te/Ni?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type this Thought Process - Ti/Ne or Te/Ni?

Please type this thought process as either Ti/Ne, Te/Ni, or neither, and explain why.

I wanted to rip a dvd with Handbrake, and it had been a while since I used it. I looked at the different encoding options available in the program, and wasn't sure if I remembered what settings I liked. Because of this, I pulled up a few browser tabs and did some googling. I first searched to see if anyone had listed the settings they had used for the specific DVD I was ripping, but didn't find any. I briefly looked into the settings for iPhone video, as I am considering purchasing one and thought compatibility would be a good idea to avoid re-ripping, but abandoned the idea because the format used for iPhone video isn't my favorite, and I could always convert the rip. I read the online manual for several minutes, and learned all about the deinterlacing, audio, and picture options, as well as some interesting details about how dvds work with frame rates, etc.

I then returned to the program and customized the recommended settings to meet what I wanted. I chose optimal quality over speed or small filesize, even though I wanted to watch the movie as soon as it was finished. I spent quite a bit of time testing the different deinterlacing options and comparing the sample picture with the original. I felt a need to retain as much detail as reasonably possible, and emphasized this in my selections. Keep in mind that this is something I'm going to watch today, throw on a hard drive and possibly never watch again.

Eventually I decided my settings were "good enough", and let the program begin encoding. I went to find a snack while I waited."
    ILE - Ti.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha NT without a doubt lol, could smell that shit a mile away. Probably Ti-ENTp - the TiSi emphasis seems to be there.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diljs View Post
    Please type this thought process as either Ti/Ne, Te/Ni, or neither, and explain why.
    That pretty much reminds me of myself perfectly. I think we have a logical type, and aside from that I can't tell. I would mostly consider Delta ST and Alpha NT, and perhaps ILI. The amount of focus on Si makes me doubt LIE.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why is Ti/Se or Te/Si not an option.

I would say it's Te/Si because it sounds completely foreign to me, though I sort of like the result. The concern for quality sounds sort of Si and the procedure sounds more Te, i think.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    why is Ti/Se or Te/Si not an option.
    They are both included in the 3rd option.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    They are both included in the 3rd option.
    Sure, but why not give them each an option?
    It's like the OP is saying either is unlikely, or that differentiating between them doesn't matter.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, but why not give them each an option?
    Now that's another question.

It's like the OP is saying either is unlikely, or that differentiating between them doesn't matter.
    Yeah, it seems that way. He probably thinks that Ti/Ne and Ni/Te are much more likely than anything else.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually could see some delta ST. The thought process was very methodical, and I could have been mistaking the details of it for simply Si, when it was more Te. Not sure. It did have a sequential quality to it, which tends to be how Te people think (as opposed to the centralized, structural way Ti people think). Either way, I don't think beta ST or gamma NT; no Ni/Se. Even a gamma NT describing a Te process wouldn't be that methodical, and would probably be a little less explicit in illustrating it.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the person in question clearly has both strong Te & strong Ti, the preferred (conscious) one being very hard to recognize from this writing. Furthermore, his inquisitiveness and attention to detail alongside with his open-mindness and thoroughness are good indicators of Ne/Si values, there is no sign of Se and the only way Ni is (/could be) present is again through Ne.

So LII, LSE, SLI or ILE. With some more info we might be able to pin it down.

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Even a gamma NT describing a Te process wouldn't be that methodical, and would probably be a little less explicit in illustrating it.
    That's probably true.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is that this isn't a thought process at all; it's just describing what he did. The function being used to write here is Te; however I think its far too superficial an example to base a typing on.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    The problem is that this isn't a thought process at all; it's just describing what he did. The function being used to write here is Te; however I think its far too superficial an example to base a typing on.
    for (i=0; i<1) {gilly.points += ++i;}